Do You like Lana Beniko?

Slowpokeking

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they obey the Empire's command, then it is serving the Empire.

Extermination should serve no one. Not even the Empire.

Plus, assuming you even play this game at all, it should be clear that the Empire is trying to turn away from such unpleasant tactics.

If such was not the case, then I guess we could allow the Emperor have his way.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Extermination should serve no one. Not even the Empire.

Plus, assuming you even play this game at all, it should be clear that the Empire is trying to turn away from such unpleasant tactics.

If such was not the case, then I guess we could allow the Emperor have his way.

I don't think the army would be used to exterminate everything, just serve as a weapon of last resort or something like that.

I don't think the army would be used to exterminate everything, just serve as a weapon of last resort or something like that.

A weapon of last resort, presumably with the objective of selectively exterminating -- of if you prefer, "deleting" -- one's enemies.

Not even Malgus showed an interest in creating a new Infinite Army, around the time his insurrection took place. Instead, he went for something far better.

Which is what the Empire is going now.

What you suggest would be akin to devolution. Praise Lana all you want, but not for that surely. It's not service.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

A weapon of last resort, presumably with the objective of selectively exterminating -- of if you prefer, "deleting" -- one's enemies.

Not even Malgus showed an interest in creating a new Infinite Army, around the time his insurrection took place. Instead, he went for something far better.

What you suggest would be akin to devolution. Praise Lana all you want, but not for that surely. It's not service.

It could be a nice addition if it's used correctly.

It could be a nice addition if it's used correctly.

It wouldn't.

It's one of those lame gimmicky plot devices writers resort to everyday, whenever they need to point out that the stakes are really high, more so than ever. :p

Plus, we had Revan trying to assemble an Infinite Army twice already. That would infer that a third is inbound sooner or later but quite honestly, it is something I'd give a pass.

But that's just me obviously.

It wouldn't.

It's one of those lame gimmicky plot devices writers resort to everyday, whenever they need to point out that the stakes are really high, more so than ever. :p

Plus, we had Revan trying to assemble an Infinite Army twice already. That would infer that a third is inbound sooner or later but quite honestly, it is something I'd give a pass.

But that's just me obviously.

Revan's army was horrible because the order he gave was horrible, because himself went insane. Not because of the weapon itself.

Revan's army was horrible because the order he gave was horrible, because himself went insane. Not because of the weapon itself.

As alluded to earlier, an extermination army is all about giggles. :rolleyes:

Plus this:

What you suggest would be akin to devolution.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If you think Malgus failed, then you either don't play this game at all or don't pay any attention whatsoever to the story.

His idea didn't fail, but his rebellion was a failure for sure, it also delivered a big blow against the Empire.

I was quite sad when I had to kill those former Imperials, especially Darth Severin. However, Malgus should take the blame for them.

Edited by Slowpokeking

His idea didn't fail, but his rebellion was a failure for sure, it also delivered a big blow against the Empire.

The Empire had lost a tenth of its forces on Corellia alone. That was surely not Malgus' doing.

Plus, he was supposed to be the spark that would ignite the flame for change, not the vehicle for the change itself. That is why he says

to Imperial characters.

By that moment, dead or alive, he had already won. The Empire was to be reborn, no matter what. RotHC, Empire-side, attests to this.

I was quite sad when I had to kill those former Imperials, especially Darth Severin. However, Malgus should take the blame for them.

I liked Serevin as well. Truly believed the character deserved better.

The most ironic bit is that he's not even remembered in the grand scheme of things. :(

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The Empire had lost a tenth of its forces on Corellia alone. That was surely not Malgus' doing.

Plus, he was supposed to be the spark that would ignite the flame for change, not the vehicle for the change itself. That is why he says

to Imperial characters.

And his betrayal made it worse. Otherwise the Empire might still have chance to reclaim Corellia.

By that moment, dead or alive, he had already won. The Empire was to be reborn, no matter what. RotHC, Empire-side, attests to this.

I liked Serevin as well. Truly believed the character deserved better.

The most ironic bit is that he's not even remembered in the grand scheme of things. :(

He didn't, his betrayal, along with other conflicts put the Empire into a very very dangerous situation, if it wasn't for Darth Marr's leadership, the Empire would have lost the war to the pub. His intention was good, but he chose a very horrible method.

And his betrayal made it worse. Otherwise the Empire might still have chance to reclaim Corellia.

The game itself would disagree with you.

The Empire had already lost Corellia even BEFORE Malgus staged his coup. This is brought upon by contextual dialogue from NPC characters and even the Jedi Knight during the dailies on Ilum.

Also, as mentioned earlier, he wasn't responsible for the loss of one tenth of the Empire's forces. He wasn't even on Corellia.

He didn't, his betrayal, along with other conflicts put the Empire into a very very dangerous situation, if it wasn't for Darth Marr's leadership, the Empire would have lost the war to the pub. His intention was good, but he chose a very horrible method.

Last I checked, Sith-infighting amongst Dark Council members was the very thing that brought the Empire to the brink of ruin.

Malgus was NEVER a Dark Council member.

In addition, all of his troops were aliens for the most part; Duros, Weequay, Chiss, Gamorrean, Chagrian, Rattataki, Trandoshan, Anomid, etc etc.

In other words, they're weren't exactly Imperial preceding his coup. As such, your claim really doesn't hold any weight. If you wanna blame someone, blame the Dark Council.

Marr included. It is alluded he supported Baras in his claim after all.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The game itself would disagree with you.

The Empire had already lost Corellia even BEFORE Malgus staged his coup. This is brought upon by contextual dialogue from NPC characters and even the Jedi Knight during the dailies on Ilum.

Also, as mentioned earlier, he wasn't responsible for the loss of one tenth of the Empire's forces. He wasn't even on Corellia.

I remember the Blackhole mentioned Ilum was a reason why it was abandoned.

Last I checked, Sith-infighting amongst Dark Council members was the very thing that brought the Empire to the brink of ruin.

In addition, all of his troops were aliens for the most part; Duros, Weequay, Chiss, Gamorrean, Chagrian, Rattataki, Trandoshan, Anomid, etc etc.

In other words, they're weren't exactly Imperial preceding his coup. As such, your claim really doesn't hold any weight. If you wanna blame someone, blame the Dark Council.

You are obviously wrong on this one.

Let me type what Marr had said

Darth Malgus sought to usurp the Emperor, caused division when unity was required. The Republic sees an opportunity to strike.

If you call Sith Infighting, Malgus was one of them and caused more damage than most of the others.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Man I hate that, it just doesn't make sense that a full tenth of the Empire's entire military was somehow crammed into Corellia in the first place. Let alone that this was how much was destroyed and there was implicitly even more of it there that managed to get away.

I mean seriously, the Empire controlled like what, 1/4th of the galaxy by the time the peace treaty broke and the war kicked back off? The military of such a huge territory definitely shouldn't have been able to fit a tenth of it's total forces in one planet and solar system.

Man I hate that, it just doesn't make sense that a full tenth of the Empire's entire military was somehow crammed into Corellia in the first place. Let alone that this was how much was destroyed and there was implicitly even more of it there that managed to get away.

I mean seriously, the Empire controlled like what, 1/4th of the galaxy by the time the peace treaty broke and the war kicked back off? The military of such a huge territory definitely shouldn't have been able to fit a tenth of it's total forces in one planet and solar system.

Pretty sure 'on Corellia' was a colloquialism for 'as a result of the campaign to conquer Corellia' and as such includes warships, forces used to establish supply lines from Imperial space to that world, etc.

Pretty sure 'on Corellia' was a colloquialism for 'as a result of the campaign to conquer Corellia' and as such includes warships, forces used to establish supply lines from Imperial space to that world, etc.

Considering how much of the planet could've been bombed from orbit without harming the actual infrastructure, that's still way more than should've been able to fit in the fleet they have there.

I remember the Blackhole mentioned Ilum was a reason why it was abandoned.

Supply lines were stretched thin due to other events on Hutt space and Denova.

Do you even know where Ilum is? It's not a Core World, nor it is in Hutt space.

You are obviously wrong on this one.

Read what I wrote:

And tell me where EXACTLY what I said is wrong, unless of course, you never played Battle of Ilum and False Emperor, not to mention most of the Empire's class stories and world arcs.

If you call Sith Infighting, Malgus was one of them and caused more damage than most of the others.

As I said numerous times already, Malgus was not responsible for one tenth of the Imperial forces lost on Corellia. :rolleyes:

That was all the work of the Dark Council and Imperial military higher-echelon. Malgus was never a Dark Council member and his troops consisted of alien recruits mostly, as stated earlier.

Blaming Malgus for the loss of Corellia, at a time Corellia had already been lost -- not to mention the Sith-infighting that took place -- is beyond silly.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I assume their losses took place over several months.

By the time the Imperial Agent gets to Corellia, Lord Razor was bombing the place for the past five weeks or so. Also, the Sith Warrior, at the request of the Emperor's Hand, goes to Hoth to make sure Armageddon battalion is dispatched to Corellia, even before going to Voss.

Plus, take also into consideration that was prior to the Republic classes getting there and the Empire sustaining major losses fighting the Republic, in addition to the Sith in-fighting, the Star Cabal machinations, etc etc, before it.

As such, months. ;)

Considering how much of the planet could've been bombed from orbit without harming the actual infrastructure, that's still way more than should've been able to fit in the fleet they have there.

The Dark Council bribed the Corellian Council for a reason: They supposedly wanted to keep most of Corellia intact, so they could take advantage of it during the war effort; Its factories, manpower, etc etc.

Especially at a time the Empire had lost Balmorra already.

Bombing Corellia from orbit would presumably generate unrest among the civilian population, not to mention that some overzealous Imperial commander could accidentally target something he shouldn't.

Regardless, it didn't work well in the end. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Read what I wrote:

And tell me where EXACTLY what I said is wrong, unless of course, you never played Battle of Ilum and False Emperor, not to mention most of the Empire's class stories and world arcs.

Huh? You said

But Darth Marr pointed out that Malgus' betrayal was a important reason.

Actually, I played on multiplier characters and it fit.

As I said numerous times already, Malgus was not responsible for one tenth of the Imperial forces lost on Corellia. :rolleyes:

That was all the work of the Dark Council and Imperial military higher-echelon. Malgus was never a Dark Council member and his troops consisted of alien recruits mostly, as stated earlier.

Blaming Malgus for the loss of Corellia, at a time Corellia had already been lost -- not to mention the Sith-infighting that took place -- is beyond silly.

He was highly responsible for the Empire's bad situation overall. That's the main point.

But Darth Marr pointed out that Malgus' betrayal was a important reason.

Nowhere he claims that he was responsible for the loss of Corellia or Sith in-fighting, as you claimed earlier.

Different things.

He was highly responsible for the Empire's bad situation overall. That's the main point.

Your point is flawed. I shall resume:

• You said Malgus was responsible for the fall of Corellia. This is clearly FALSE, seeing that Malgus was nowhere on Corellia at the time and had no forces deployed there. Corellia was also lost prior to his coup.

• You claim Malgus was responsible for the Sith in-fighting. This is clearly FALSE, seeing that 90% of the Sith in-fighting that takes place prior to his coup is between Dark Council members. Malgus was never a Dark Council member.

• You claim Ilum played a role in the loss of Corellia. This is clearly FALSE,
as well. Ilum is not a Core World, nor is it located in Hutt space.

Did I miss something?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Nowhere he claims that he was responsible for the loss of Corellia or Sith in-fighting, as you claimed earlier.

It gave the Republic chance to strike, how is it not weakening the Empire and caused the Empire into such a situation?

Your point is flawed. I shall resume:

• You said Malgus was responsible for the fall of Corellia. This is clearly FALSE, seeing that Malgus was nowhere on Corellia at the time and had no forces deployed there.

• You claim Malgus was responsible for Sith in-fighting. This is clearly FALSE, seeing that 100% of the Sith in-fighting that takes place prior to his coup is between Dark Council members. Malgus was never a Dark Council member.

• You claim Ilum played a role in the loss of Corellia. This is clearly FALSE, as illustrated earlier as well. Ilum is not a Core World, nor is it located in Hutt space.

Did I miss something?

How was Malgus not responsible for Sith in-fighting? Sure there were power struggle between the Sith, but he(and later, the Dread Masters) arranged a open coup against the Empire, how is it not Sith in-fighting itself?

I made very clear that

I wasn't clear about Ilum because I only run blackhole on one character and it was long ago, but it's not excuse to take away the damage Malgus' coup caused against the Empire.

Edited by Slowpokeking

It gave the Republic chance to strike, how is it not weakening the Empire and caused the Empire into such a situation?

Did you miss Imperial Ilum or anything of what I said earlier? :rolleyes:

The Empire had lost a tenth of its forces on Corellia. Half of the Dark Council was dead, the Children of the Emperor were defeated and the Emperor went underground, severely weakened.

The sorry state the Empire was in was NOT Malgus' doing.

How was Malgus not responsible for Sith in-fighting? Sure there were power struggle between the Sith, but he(and later, the Dread Masters) arranged a open coup against the Empire, how is it not Sith in-fighting itself?

He attempted to usurp the Emperor, after he went missing. He wasn't responsible for any of the Sith in-fighting that took place prior it, the SAME Sith in-fighting that left the Empire weakened and contributed for the loss of Corellia.

Again, read.

I wasn't clear about Ilum because I only run blackhole on one character and it was long ago, but it's not excuse to take away the damage Malgus' coup caused against the Empire.

The damage was already there. And was NOT of his doing, as pointed out a million times already. In fact, were it not for Malgus' bravado, the Empire wouldn't even be able to replenish its ranks following Ilum.