The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

ok so *** seriously

nynetynyne

so just got out of a PvP match mind you the first since launch when i decided to try huttball the first time i was able to try it out, as a player returning to the game since launch when my PC just couldnt handle it.

So this is the situation, the map is the one with the 3 turrets trying to kill enemies base or whatever, we are losing pretty badly the enemy has us 3 capped, so my team ends up getting the 2 far points and we now have a 2-1 lead.

normal circumstances everything is good for us if we can hold 2 pts we win.

now the entire reason my team is able to take eventually all 3 points on the map is because while i am being camped at our spawn the entire enemy team comes to camp as well so me 1 single player is keeping them all busy while my team does work

in most games this would be a valid strategy decoy the enemy while your team cleans house, but apparentlythis is not allowed in swtor.

i was booted for afk in this game even though i never was able to get out of combat, never in a safe zone, and never recieved any warnings about being in an unnacceptable location.

how is this possible me being the second on my team as far as score and medals gets booted with no reasoning behind it, no msg even to tell me *** happened.

I get to the fleet ask in general because i have never seen anything like this b4, amd am told i was booted by a vote kick system in a god damn unranked not even level cap pvp match, when the only reason we were winning was because i was keeping their entire god damn team engaged at our spawn.

we went from 0-3 capped and winning handily when i was booted again second on medals for my team.

Is this the experience that is commonplace in this game right now, let people vote kick for no good reason? I have read a few different threads about the votekick system in pvp it sounds like this system needs to be removed.

Im not really entirely sure how this system works as I was not even aware it existed till about an hour ago, but it seems to me that this system is an open griefing invitation.

there was no warning no you must leave this area to not be removed it was just there and gone, again when i was second on our team and doing more for our team than the guy standing on the rock glitched way the hell up top where nobody could even hit him and i know he couldnt hit anyone else

First off, the vote kick system has fail safes for what you described. If you were always in combat as you claim to have been- you could not have been vote kicked. The vote kick system is more attuned to afk players than actually removing an active member (even if they are idiotically active) in a warzone.

Second, what most likely happened was you received a kick from the warzone itself for failing to leave what it considered to be the spawning/safe area. Take a moment in the next warzone you play to look at your buff bar right after you respawn from a death in the start area (or after the clock goes active at the start of the warzone). You will see a debuff there called 'deserter'. If this debuff runs out you will be automatically removed from the warzone- in combat or not. The only way to clear this debuff is to leave the safe area- in NC, the first little platform is still considered 'safe'.

There *is* a message that pops up on your screen warning you about being removed if you do not leave the safe area, however I think you only see this if you stay behind the holding screen. The game thought you were hiding from play, which in a sense you were. There are two exits to the spawn area so you could have avoided the spawn camping if you really had tried.

so just got out of a PvP match mind you the first since launch when i decided to try huttball the first time i was able to try it out, as a player returning to the game since launch when my PC just couldnt handle it.

So this is the situation, the map is the one with the 3 turrets trying to kill enemies base or whatever, we are losing pretty badly the enemy has us 3 capped, so my team ends up getting the 2 far points and we now have a 2-1 lead.

normal circumstances everything is good for us if we can hold 2 pts we win.

now the entire reason my team is able to take eventually all 3 points on the map is because while i am being camped at our spawn the entire enemy team comes to camp as well so me 1 single player is keeping them all busy while my team does work

in most games this would be a valid strategy decoy the enemy while your team cleans house, but apparentlythis is not allowed in swtor.

i was booted for afk in this game even though i never was able to get out of combat, never in a safe zone, and never recieved any warnings about being in an unnacceptable location.

how is this possible me being the second on my team as far as score and medals gets booted with no reasoning behind it, no msg even to tell me *** happened.

I get to the fleet ask in general because i have never seen anything like this b4, amd am told i was booted by a vote kick system in a gosh darn unranked not even level cap pvp match, when the only reason we were winning was because i was keeping their entire gosh darn team engaged at our spawn.

we went from 0-3 capped and winning handily when i was booted again second on medals for my team.

Is this the experience that is commonplace in this game right now, let people vote kick for no good reason? I have read a few different threads about the votekick system in pvp it sounds like this system needs to be removed.

Im not really entirely sure how this system works as I was not even aware it existed till about an hour ago, but it seems to me that this system is an open griefing invitation.

there was no warning no you must leave this area to not be removed it was just there and gone, again when i was second on our team and doing more for our team than the guy standing on the rock glitched way the hell up top where nobody could even hit him and i know he couldnt hit anyone else

I'm the one you talked with on the fleet. As I told you in-game, you get automatically removed from the warzone if you stay in the safe area for too long. The upper platform on Novare Coast counts as part of the safe area, because it's not intended for ranged classes to be able to just stay there and burst down players below indefinitely. You were not votekicked out of the warzone, you were automatically removed from the warzone for staying in the safe area for too long. You must have not seen the warning, but I guarantee you that's why you were removed from the warzone. Even if your team is getting badly beaten and the enemy team is spawn camping, you still cannot stay in the safe area indefinitely (and again, the upper platform on Novare Coast is part of the safe area).

Edited by Volxen