Question about Supercharged Cells

roshakai

Does anybody know if the 5% damage reduction from Kolto Bomb while Super Charged Cells is active, is not supposed to refresh it's duration to full, even if Super Charged Cells is still active, and another Kolto Bomb is used?

(For the record I am not saying that any Kolto Bomb should refresh it to full, only the user with Supercharged cells who placed the initial Kolto Bomb

"Kolto Bomb: Places a shield on all targets, reducing damage taken by 5% for 15 seconds"

The Description does not say there are any restrictions, and the buff does seem to stack with other Commando healers damage reduction buffs, so why is it that it doesn't refresh when you put another Kolto Bomb down and Super Charged Cells is still active?

With that in mind, if you place a Kolto Bomb down, THEN activate Supercharged Cells, the kolto residue will activate the 5% damage reduction, and the NEXT Kolto Bomb will in fact refresh the duration.

My question is, is this intended? I don't understand why the damage reduction won't refresh if you activate Supercharged Cells first then use Kolto Bomb, followed by a second Kolto Bomb.

Edited by roshakai

While SCC is active any tick of Kolto Bomb or Kolto Residue will activate the 5% damage reduction for 15s.

The shield can be activated the instant SCC is turned on and will keep being refreshed to 15s by ticks of Kolto Bomb or Kolto Residue while SCC is active.

Therefore maximum shield duration is:

SCC base duration: 10s

SCC set bonus boost: +3s

Shield refreshed at last moment of SCC: +15s

So a commando can shield for 5% damage reduction for 28s solo and due to Kolto Residue having no cap on targets within range this is on infinite players.

I can't say if it stacks as opposed to merely putting up a second shield icon with no stacked effect.

I don't understand why the damage reduction won't refresh if you activate Supercharged Cells first then use Kolto Bomb, followed by a second Kolto Bomb.

Yes it does.

Edited by Gyronamics