EMP pulse nerfed to 3000m

Verain

Every time I bring up the nerf to EMP field- from 4500m baseline to 3000m baseline- someone "helpfully" tells me that I'm wrong.

Well, I'm not. EMP field still says 4500m on the tooltip, but is 3000m base in game. The last real patch (which had no GSF patch notes) had several GSF diffs in the XML. One was, for instance, the tooltip and the value being adjusted on Ion missile (you'll notice that it's a 6 second snare instead of a 12 second snare).

The other was the EMP field VALUE (not the tooltip) being nerfed.

So we don't know if the nerf is intended, but I just went and tested to be sure, and I couldn't get numbers above 3k to work at all, but everything below 3k did.

Every time I bring up the nerf to EMP field- from 4500m baseline to 3000m baseline- someone "helpfully" tells me that I'm wrong.

Well, I'm not. EMP field still says 4500m on the tooltip, but is 3000m base in game. The last real patch (which had no GSF patch notes) had several GSF diffs in the XML. One was, for instance, the tooltip and the value being adjusted on Ion missile (you'll notice that it's a 6 second snare instead of a 12 second snare).

The other was the EMP field VALUE (not the tooltip) being nerfed.

So we don't know if the nerf is intended, but I just went and tested to be sure, and I couldn't get numbers above 3k to work at all, but everything below 3k did.

Wait, who tells you that's wrong? If I recall that was one of the original things that made us doubt the validity of the tooltips in the first place...

I forget which patch had the EMP balance fix (too lazy to look it up) along with the other GSF balance fixes. but if memory serves (and it my not :)) the buff to emp was meant to be 4000m and only maxed out at 4500 with the ability upgrade and was intended to counter seeker mines.

(as you and many others have pointed out the tool tips are just wrong).

after the balance patch emp was a great counter to mines and drones however, it does seem to have been nerfed recently (mines and drones that I thought were within the field over the last few days turned out not to be. did I miss-calculate?... are bombers just being more careful with placement?... or is this a result of what you're talking about?).

I can't argue with you findings V' and if the 'field value' has changed and that value really does affect us in game (I'm not saying it doesn't, I really don't know either way) then please post in the Bug Report forum or submit a bug report ticket in game, pretty sure that's the only way this issue will get noticed.

also, you might consider sending Tait or eric a PM asking them to double check with the GSF team if there was an unintended bug or change introduced with one of the recent patches.

(I'll guess they get tons of PM's every week but, you never know).

the Novadive is my goto ship when the Fett hits the Shan and if I don't have a 'working as advertised' EMP then how do I continue to destroy bomber balls with such EMP flair and style? - :p

best of luck

I forget which patch had the EMP balance fix (too lazy to look it up) along with the other GSF balance fixes. but if memory serves (and it my not :)) the buff to emp was meant to be 4000m and only maxed out at 4500 with the ability upgrade and was intended to counter seeker mines.

Nope, nope, and nope.

It was 4500, it maxed at 5000, and we never learned what, exactly, it was "meant" for- though likely the ability to actually blow up more than one mine that you carefully aimed at was on the list.

The last major patch- the one that gave us the type 3 bomber and the type 3 gunship- also upped the radius to 4500, maxing at 5000 if you take the upgrade.

The GSH patch ninja nerfed the ability. It changed the value, without modifying the tooltip.

I wouldn't assume that this nerf was balanced related. The changes still look accidental. But the devs have said nothing about GSF since they went AWOL.

Again: unlike previous changes, which had patch notes, this one did not. It just happened.

I can't argue with you findings V' and if the 'field value' has changed and that value really does affect us in game (I'm not saying it doesn't, I really don't know either way)

You could go test yourself, if you want to know.

then please post in the Bug Report forum or submit a bug report ticket in game, pretty sure that's the only way this issue will get noticed.

I posted this on the bug report the night it went live, along with all the other bugs they introduced that night. That's weeks ago.

This thread is just pointing out that even though people still pop in and argue, they remain wrong. The field was nerfed.

Edited by Verain