Master of the Ancients Achievement bugged?

Count_Mario

It seems like the new Achievement for completing the Rakata Prime Flashpoint 25 times does not use a working counter. I have completed the FP 10 times, got my Repeating History Achievement, but it did not count towards the 25 times.

EDIT: Funny thing, completing my 11th Run through Rakata Prime got me 1/25 for the Master of the Ancients Achievement. So to get it it would take 35 Runs :eek:

2nd EDIT: It stopped counting after that, so my 12th Run through Rakata did not count towards anything.

Edited by Count_Mario

It seems like the new Achievement for completing the Rakata Prime Flashpoint 25 times does not use a working counter. I have completed the FP 10 times, got my Repeating History Achievement, but it did not count towards the 25 times.

EDIT: Funny thing, completing my 11th Run through Rakata Prime got me 1/25 for the Master of the Ancients Achievement. So to get it it would take 35 Runs :eek:

2nd EDIT: It stopped counting after that, so my 12th Run through Rakata did not count towards anything.

Wait till you exit the game completely and come back. It seems anything logging out past 15 minutes, resets it to 0/25 again

Wait till you exit the game completely and come back. It seems anything logging out past 15 minutes, resets it to 0/25 again

Haven't tried that yet, but if that's the case it may be the same bug that occured during the initial release of the Junior Research Project achievement (the Gree one for killing 25 or something beasts on Belsavis, Quesh, Balmorra, Alderaan and Tatooine). It was fixed later, but all your progress before that was lost anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can we get this fixed so we don't have to do 35 instead of 25? It's achievement bugs like this that make the achievement system pointless (aside from achievement points not getting you anything other than e-peen points). Why have an achievement for things and then be like "Just kidding! We erased your progress. Do it again." Or in the case of the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife ones, "sorry, can't get those achievements that we erased, hit the machines again for hours and hours next year or wait for us to maybe fix it in a few months or years."

Again, I must emphasize, if you're going to break achievements remove them from the game. If and when you decide to fix them and have the progress counted as it was completed, then you can add the achievement back. Until then I don't want to see the incomplete. Don't make us do stuff over again. It's maddening.

And as a side rant, most of the achievements are stupid. And I say this as a person with nearly 30k achievement points. Doing something 25x or killing 10,000 of something isn't any sort of achievement, it's not enjoyable. The only thing I like is having the achievement points, which again, don't get me anything other than bragging rights. Achievements should be for things like datacrons or boss kills in operations, you know, things that actually require skill.