Ops and the Holy Trinity

EllieAnne

Actually it was more of Shouldn't we have dedicated healers and tanks as opposed to DPS who can heal or tank viz. everyone can solo.

We have that now. If you choose to not roll into the trees dedicated to those specific roles on a class that has them, that's not a game design problem, that's a player making a choice. If your position is more "Heals and Tanks shouldn't be able to do anything on their own", then my answer would be no. The class missions are designed for solo play, even though you can group for them. I have yet to see any videos of anyone soloing DF/DP though. Ops and the standard FPs are where you'd expect the trinity to matter, and, properly spec'd for those roles, they do matter.

Personally, aside from playing a Chanter in Aion, I like this direction, since my Sorc, Jugg, Mara and Sniper could all run their class missions w/out having to queue up for a group to do them. That's working as intended, and there's no debate, unlike the Aion forums, about whether or not a Sage or Jugg can be a DPS. Note that these aren't all my 55s, just throwing those base classes out there for the sake of example. My dedicated healers use a tank comp, and my tanks use a DPS comp to make leveling "smoother", but for standard FPs and Ops, I fill my roles. My DPS isn't good enough, while tank/heal spec'd to compete with the same classes that are running in DPS trees. I don't want to see this freedom to choose a role removed.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic