More strongholds - good for players good for SWTOR business

AemmaAstryr

I think that if you were allowed to have more than 4 strongholds to your legacy that it would be great for the players and also for business. For the players: What about the people that have 12 or more characters? It only seems fair to allow at least one stronghold per character, and I think it would be a lot more fun for people. I'd ideally think it would be best if we could have an unlimited number of strongholds in our legacy. It would be far more fun for the players and couldn't hurt anyone. It would be good for in-game commerce as well because more people would be buying items for their strongholds from vendors. For the SWTOR business: There would be a huge boom in people buying decorations and stronghold bundles. It would be very, very lucrative.

Except that it would lag the servers all to hell and make the game unplayable.

They said very clearly that the 4 stronghold limit is in place for performance reasons and that if in the future they release a 5th stronghold AND the servers can handle it, they will consider raising the limit.

IMO they are playing a game of tight rope between decorations / stong hold limits and "we want to allow up to 50 people to go to your stronghold at once"

IMO the need to deliver stable performance to 50 people in a small instance is a big part of why the restrictions are in place. I personally think this number should be reduced // halved at least. If it could offer extended stronghold design options and ability to have more than 4 then I am all for it.

It seems like they are disaster planning for the worst case scenario (50 toons loading massive deco all at once) IMO the amount of people who will ever have 50 in their stronghold pales in comparison to the people who will have a max of 8 in their lifetime. If this is the case then why gimp everyone so 5% of people can throw a huge party in their house.

I say drop it down and up our stronghold limits (deco and # of sh)

I see your point on having lots of people in the stronghold. In my personal opinion though, people will rarely have 50 people in their stronghold at once unless it is a guild stronghold. They obviously can't take down the number of people you are allowed to have in a stronghold at once though, especially not after charging such high rates for opening all the rooms in stronghold, which is the reason why a lot of people are doing it. I just still strongly feel that it is too few for the people who have so many characters, and don't understand why it would "overload the servers" when you can can only be in one stronghold at a time. I highly doubt that most people would be having huge parties at once, so I don't see what the problem is about it. I'm no computer programmer or anything though, so I don't know quite what all goes on with the factors of handling a server.

I see you both have good points, me personally I'm waiting for them to stabilize everything because sooner or later...probably later they will get things worked out and might start releasing cool planet strongholds such as Voss, or Alderaan or Makeb or something like that, I have faith it will all work out when the time is appropriate for more strongholds, I think I now know why I have been going to 1 bar randomly and then crashing...maybe that or Charter is being stupid again :i_mad:

I'm not meaning to be rude, I'm just wondering how it would lag the servers if only one character is on at a time and they can only be in one stronghold at a time.

Because each stonghold and its contents are part of your legacy data, so every time you load your character into an area, all of that data is attached to it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.