When did this begin ?

AlrikFassbauer

Same thing, different labels, without the intermediate "more than pass, less than roll" (i.e., greed) option.

yeah then it becomes about "why did you roll for cunning gear if your a maurader!?" "cause my comp needs it!" and the cycle continues no matter what

Edited by Sangrar

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People like the OP and me are filling in the meaning of "need" in their own way, but so are you ZooMzy. It's quite hypocritical to call others self-righteous when you're doing exactly the same thing.

Not quite. You are placing meaning for the words themselves, arguing that because an option is labeled "need" it should be interpreted in a certain way. ZooMzy is discarding the labels and instead looking at the options as an abstract three-tier roll system.

Suppose the options were labeled "blob", "glob" and "blah". "Blob" beats "glob", and either one beats "blah". Would you still argue that everyone should roll "glob" for decorations instead of "blob"?

As for decorations I actually support the convention of just rolling need. Otherwise I'll always have to wait until everyone else has rolled to make sure that I get my fair chance of winning it.

When it comes to gear, the discussion on when rolling need is justified will probably never end. I personally think that need should only be chosen if it is an improvement to the char contributing to the OP/FP and one should ask if they need the gear for alts, comps, etc.

hey for decorations I will press need if I don't have it and it would be a great addition to my home. If I already got it then no whats the point. I never use greed if I don't need or want something I just press pass. But yeah my point is of course I will press need for a decoration as new decorations can help boost my prestige score and add some ambiance to my stronghold.

QFT. I do the same, if it is a decoration I want I hit need.

But yeah my point is of course I will press need for a decoration as new decorations can help boost my prestige score and add some ambiance to my stronghold.

So, Strongholds has just become another "ccompetition game" ?

Well I think it has.

And those who want to be at the top "need" on everything they can get hold of - without any qualms.

I know what this turns out to be in RL ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

So, Strongholds has just become another "ccompetition game" ?

Well I think it has.

And those who want to be at the top "need" on everything they can get hold of - without any qualms.

I know what this turns out to be in RL ...

Well strongholds is another level of content. its natural that people would want to get further and further advancement on said content just like everything else and that includes decorations, its perfectly normal to want to advance.

and generally in groups you only press need if you want it, if you don't want it you press greed or pass to allow those who really want it to get it, nothing wrong with that, I have never gotten into a disagreement over loot roles in all my years of playing this game going off that system

Not quite. You are placing meaning for the words themselves, arguing that because an option is labeled "need" it should be interpreted in a certain way. ZooMzy is discarding the labels and instead looking at the options as an abstract three-tier roll system.

Sorry but no, you can divide things into "tiers" but it's still pure opinion where one tier ends and another begins.

I've recognized that my opinion might have been too strong and that meanings might differ for others., so don't put words into my mouth.

Ultimately it's simply up to groups themselves to communicate about loot rules with your party. Or the devs can decide to reinforce their own rules on the system (like WoW does by not allowing need rolls for items unintended for your class).

Edited by Fdzzaigl

Sorry but no, you can divide things into "tiers" but it's still pure opinion where one tier ends and another begins.

This is true, but some opinions make more sense from a logical point of view than others. Trying to construct a moral high ground for oneself will just result in being taken advantage of by those who realize no such high ground exists.

I've recognized that my opinion might have been too strong and that meanings might differ for others., so don't put words into my mouth.

That was "you (plural)", including both "you (singular)" and "the OP". You grouped yourself with the OP, and so did I. The OP at least presented very strong opinions based on the interpretation of the word "need" within his moral framework, even if you didn't.