The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Imperial / Republic officers

Goof

As we now have our Strongholds on Dromund Kass and Coruscant . It would be nice to have some Officers either standing or at a computer terminal to add as a focus point with the guards that we can have placed in our Strongholds . As of the Stronghold on Naa Shaddaa either robot sentries or automated guns .

As we now have our Strongholds on Dromund Kass and Coruscant . It would be nice to have some Officers either standing or at a computer terminal to add as a focus point with the guards that we can have placed in our Strongholds . As of the Stronghold on Naa Shaddaa either robot sentries or automated guns .

Droid*

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p:o

You can whip up some neat things without a lot of effort, still. For example, this is what people see when they come in my stronghold on Nar Shadda:

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm229/Calsetes/swtor_2014_09_02_18_17_38_695_zps5a16a2a4.png

Those droids on the sides are just the Industrial and Synthetic fabrication droids. But they look ready to shoot, right? Use a Czerka corner desk cocked at the right angle, throw C2-N2 behind it as your receptionist, and you're all set. You could easily have some guards around, but I'm trying to keep my NPC limits low so I can squeeze in all my Republic companions there in the room behind him.

Throw up a frozen-in-carbonite bounty, a wall security panel for flair, and blam - a look that says "We'll give you a hand with whatever job you need, but don't mess with us because we'll screw you up faster than a Gammorean in a rancor den."

Sure, C2-N2 would make a great receptionist or taxi station attendant . . . if he didn't show up as a holo on all my characters but the one that placed him. >.<

Similarly, Lt. Iresso would be great posted as a guard, and I'd love to stick Ensign Temple in a uniform and have her observe a few NPC soldiers . . . but again, the effect would be ruined by the fact that they usually show up as holos. :(

That's not to say that NPC's wouldn't be great to have even if Companions didn't show up as holos. NPC's may have different poses/animations than Companions, can be vendors, and come all decked out in a specific outfit so you don't have to go hunting for something just right for them to wear. And I am all for the OP's suggestion. ^^

Edited by Gwena

Sure, C2-N2 would make a great receptionist or taxi station attendant . . . if he didn't show up as a holo on all my characters but the one that placed him. >.<

Similarly, Lt. Iresso would be great posted as a guard, and I'd love to stick Ensign Temple in a uniform and have her observe a few NPC soldiers . . . but again, the effect would be ruined by the fact that they usually show up as holos. :(

That's not to say that NPC's wouldn't be great to have even if Companions didn't show up as holos. NPC's may have different poses/animations than Companions, can be vendors, and come all decked out in a specific outfit so you don't have to go hunting for something just right for them to wear. And I am all for the OP's suggestion. ^^

I think everyone with access to that NPC will see them however they have them configured. I.E. all my Rep guys will see C2-N2 there, but an Imp guy would see the holocall version of him.

I think everyone with access to that NPC will see them however they have them configured. I.E. all my Rep guys will see C2-N2 there, but an Imp guy would see the holocall version of him.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that! Won't be any help for the strongholds I use cross-faction, but it may come in handy for my DK one. :)