Harbinger and Begeren Colony unavailable.

MiahC

You know, it is ridiculous that players would have to tell BW that the login server is hosed.

There ought to be automatic alarms triggered when a LIGHT server gets a login queue.

Now in position 3, someone probably gave up after 20 minutes. Estimated wait 40m 00s. I like how the wait estimates includes seconds, as if it were anywhere close to that accurate.

"There are currently no System Alerts." http://www.swtor.com/systemalerts

Still at 3, still estimated wait 40m 00s.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is honestly one of the most frustrating scenarios this company has ever placed in front of me. I pay to play this game, and balance what time I have between work and my 1yr old. I get about 10 hours a week of actual time-to-myself, spread over about 2 hrs a day. When the darn game wont let me log in for 2 projected hours, the money I spent looks like a waste. I have had my toons on the same server for YEARS. I have no intention of moving them, or the hard-won rewards and benefits of my fellow players and guildmates. I personally feel that Bioware, as a provider of a product and purveyor of entertainment; should offer some form of restitution or reparation to its subscribers. I certainly feel I am deserving of a free month of play, or some sort of in-game "bone" they could throw. I have been trying to play for 2 days, and forgive me for sounding off about my technological addictions, but if we don't get our SWTOR fix soon..... Guild Flagships and Strongholds wont mean a dang thing...

This is honestly one of the most frustrating scenarios this company has ever placed in front of me. I pay to play this game, and balance what time I have between work and my 1yr old. I get about 10 hours a week of actual time-to-myself, spread over about 2 hrs a day. When the darn game wont let me log in for 2 projected hours, the money I spent looks like a waste. I have had my toons on the same server for YEARS. I have no intention of moving them, or the hard-won rewards and benefits of my fellow players and guildmates. I personally feel that Bioware, as a provider of a product and purveyor of entertainment; should offer some form of restitution or reparation to its subscribers. I certainly feel I am deserving of a free month of play, or some sort of in-game "bone" they could throw. I have been trying to play for 2 days, and forgive me for sounding off about my technological addictions, but if we don't get our SWTOR fix soon..... Guild Flagships and Strongholds wont mean a dang thing...

Calm down. It's technology and these things happen. I've never seen any system with 100% up-time.

BTW: how does two hours down equate to one whole month free? :t_confused:

The problem is that all these problems we have now are due to the strongholds eating so much memory in the servers, now no one will admit it, but few weeks down the road we will see the truth. No one thought how much demand these SH will put in the already decimated capability of the servers.

The problem is that all these problems we have now are due to the strongholds eating so much memory in the servers, now no one will admit it, but few weeks down the road we will see the truth. No one thought how much demand these SH will put in the already decimated capability of the servers.

I hope it is that simple. Adding more memory to servers is easy and relatively cheap. Fixing poorly written software is hard and expensive and sometimes breaks more than it fixes.

I agree that strongholds and guild ships are eating resources, I don't think you can just say memory.

But obviously strongholds weren't QAed under the kind of load that Harbinger is under.

probably be cheaper to bring up another PvE Server for West coast and offer free transfers off Harbinger to that new server....

But then you will get "empty server" issues in the lull between new content. So not a perfect solution.

The "16m GF Op" fiasco revealed that BW's software has not necessarily been designed to scale well. If that is the problem here, then it is a big one that will take a lot of work to fix. Splitting the server is just a bandaid.

They have had server issues with Harbinger for years. They just need to increase capacity and most likely went with the cheapest servers to do that (If they did at all) for Guild Ships and Strongholds.

Personally. More hardware on the cluster, more memory and decrease the population on instances is required. I've still no idea whey Oricon (Operations - any Operations for that fact) are not on separate robust servers for those instances. Not saying a new server, but instances get priority CPU/Memory to them and chop the population on them to nothing.

No, just no. Go back to flipping burgers.

The system loads the resources for the location of each logged in player.

If you are/were on fleet, it loaded that, now it loads your stronghold.

If you or someone else are not in your SH, it is inactive, just data on disk.

It is just more instance switches, you were always somewhere, it is a wash.

Harbinger is broken and BC is overloaded because all the HB people are logging in there.

Edited by Foambreaker