Concealment UI

Masked_Phantom

Just wow. I don't have anything constructive to add cause I haven't clicked with my op. But serious those were both really unnecessary responses. To the OP it's just personal preference just keep tweaking and moving things

Use the ops dummy on fleet if you don't have one on your ship. Till you get comfortable

Just wow. I don't have anything constructive to add cause I haven't clicked with my op. But serious those were both really unnecessary responses. To the OP it's just personal preference just keep tweaking and moving things

Use the ops dummy on fleet if you don't have one on your ship. Till you get comfortable

You cannot tell me that you can sucessfully play an Operative with clicking... this game was designed around using the 1 - = keys for attacking... and should be played that way.

Seems like this is getting out of hand so sorry for the trouble people. Guess my goal now is to learn how to stop clicking. N thx for the advice about no melee dps for clickers.

You'll be much better off going about this road and try not to listen to the obvious trolls trying to get some sort of reaction from you.

Personally the best thing you can do for setting up effective and easy to use keybinds is starting off by making right strafe D and left strafe A. This opens up your Q and E keys which are extremely accessible. While everybody's keybind preferences are different but I most focus on your number keys 1-5, Q, E, F, G, V. Add shift and maybe even control modifiers for them and you can have almost every tool in your arsenal at your finger tips.

Good luck and I bet once you start getting used to keybinds you'll find your performance in game to go up dramatically.

Edited by Zeuxus

You'll be much better off going about this road and try not to listen to the obvious trolls trying to get some sort of reaction from you.

Personally the best thing you can do for setting up effective and easy to use keybinds is starting off by making right strafe D and left strafe A. This opens up your Q and E keys which are extremely accessible. While everybody's keybind preferences are different but I most focus on your number keys 1-5, Q, E, F, G, V. Add shift and maybe even control modifiers for them and you can have almost every tool in your arsenal at your finger tips.

Good luck and I bet once you start getting used to keybinds you'll find your performance in game to go up dramatically.

Or if you dont want to spend 5 hours keybinding and learning how to use those keybinds. Buy this keyboard (not a Referral Link, it's an actual Amazon Link) it's worth every penny and you will never need to buy another keyboard, ever again. ever. EVER. trust me, it's worth buying.

Given that noone is actually answering the original quesition, this is the UI that I use.

http://imgur.com/DkhRSut

Everything is in the center of your screen giving you small distances to travel for clicking. If you don't want to change your playstyle, then don't. One of the (ex)best Operatives in the game played and was a clicker and was quite proficient; however, it is less optimal. I used to be a clicker as well and can tell you from experience that taking it one day at a time is the best way to go about it. Start off with binding your main rotation i.e Rifle Shot, Lacerate, Shiv, Backstab, Corrosive Dart and Hidden Strike.That gives you 6 keybinds to work with. the numbers 1-6 are fairly easy to reach for most people, or you can invest in an MMO gaming mouse. Just some friendly tips :) Cheers.

To piggyback on Orangeskye's post - once you get used to those first 6 key binds, you can then try binding those same 6 keys plus shift. That keeps your fingers in the same place, but gives you twice as many options. It's something I do to keep myself from having to reach all over the keyboard. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
To piggyback on Orangeskye's post - once you get used to those first 6 key binds, you can then try binding those same 6 keys plus shift. That keeps your fingers in the same place, but gives you twice as many options. It's something I do to keep myself from having to reach all over the keyboard. Good luck!

That's what I'm doing. I've only bound 1-6 and Shift 1-6, as well as Shift-Q for (stealth) CC, Shift-R for interrupt, Shift-S for stun and Shift-W for speed burst, for all my characters.

As for clicking, wouldn't it be more useful to have your main rotation close together? You seem to have Hidden Strike far, far away from Backstab.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.