"SWTOR Is Dying and Strongholds are a Failure!"

MaximusRex

Almost as bad as those saying there's not gonna be an expansion this year still.

I am sure BioWare is working on the expension and that we will eventually get it, but I started to doub it will be this year. Don't get me wrong, I would be pleasantly surprissed when it really should happen this year, but I just have no indication that it is going to happen.

I am sure BioWare is working on the expension and that we will eventually get it, but I started to doub it will be this year. Don't get me wrong, I would be pleasantly surprissed when it really should happen this year, but I just have no indication that it is going to happen.

You mean other than the repeated and consistent statements from BW that it'll be out this year? yeah, other than the actual company saying over and again for the last six months that it'll be out this year, there's no reason to think that it'll be out this year.

Until they state it's being delayed, it's still coming this year and has been confirmed several times recently that it is still on track.

You mean other than the repeated and consistent statements from BW that it'll be out this year? yeah, other than the actual company saying over and again for the last six months that it'll be out this year, there's no reason to think that it'll be out this year.

Lower your expectations and you'll never be disappointed!

Until you are, and then it's devastating.

In all honesty I'm expecting mid-to-late December, if it's out this year at all. And that's not be saying Bioware are "lying" or anything, but that they're probably going to run into problems that might delay it. I'd rather it be late than buggy as all hell.

Also queues seem to only apply to the US servers.

Lower your expectations and you'll never be disappointed!

Until you are, and then it's devastating.

In all honesty I'm expecting mid-to-late December, if it's out this year at all. And that's not be saying Bioware are "lying" or anything, but that they're probably going to run into problems that might delay it. I'd rather it be late than buggy as all hell.

Also queues seem to only apply to the US servers.

Everything we've seen so far points to 3.0 being released this year still. If such was not the case, them being in a hurry for the release of Part 3 for Forged Alliances, which is supposed to tie into the expansion, would make no sense.

Also...

Charles Boyd: Thanks! We have a few more in the works for 2.10 and 3.0.

For those unaware, Charles Boyd was the lead writer for the Trooper story and - if I understood correctly anyway - is the lead writer for the game right now.

The latest story blog entries pertaining the Manaan flashpoint were written by him.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I don't understand why people don't think 3.0 will come out this year. We have 4 months until 2015, i'm sure they are just waiting until 2.10 and the new FP comes out before they reveal the expansion since the expansion heavily relates to:

Revan's Return

Edited by LegoUniverseBC

Everything we've seen so far points to 3.0 being released this year still. If such was not the case, them being in a hurry for the release of Part 3 for Forged Alliances, which is supposed to tie into the expansion, would make no sense.

Yeah, they probably do want to release it this year. Doesn't mean they will. I'm not saying "Oh my god, Bioware suck, everything is terrible ahhhh" - just, it might be late. Plan for it being late, be pleasantly surprised when it turns up on time. That way, we don't get massive whine threads when November hits and no 3.0.

It's just a different way of looking at things.

Yeah, they probably do want to release it this year. Doesn't mean they will. I'm not saying "Oh my god, Bioware suck, everything is terrible ahhhh" - just, it might be late. Plan for it being late, be pleasantly surprised when it turns up on time. That way, we don't get massive whine threads when November hits and no 3.0.

It's just a different way of looking at things.

I went for that approach when they pretty much refused(?) to divulge more info, after Strongholds was first delayed.

Right now, even though they haven't exactly shared any details of what 3.0 will entail, it is a sure given that 3.0 is bound to be released this year. Again, there's a reason why Part 3 of Forged Alliances is already hitting less(!) than a month after Part 2, while the latter was only released four(!!!) months after Part 1.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Until they state it's being delayed, it's still coming this year and has been confirmed several times recently that it is still on track.

I am a skepticist and thus I don't give much on words, I see BioWare is almost always behind their time tables, like the delays with strongholds. And since we have no date (which would be moved anyway to a later point) and nothing about the expansion yet Istay doubtful that it will come this year. In my opinion it will only be confirmed when I actually play it this year, no statement will be confirmation enough for me, I just am not that easy to believe something people say. I see nothing wrong with my mentality, so explain me why that is a bad thing? And also what this have to do with the topic at all? I mean I enjoy SWTOR, but I that doesn't mean I have to buy anything BioWare tells me, like they would still be on track.

I am a skepticist and thus I don't give much on words, I see BioWare is almost always behind their time tables, like the delays with strongholds. And since we have no date (which would be moved anyway to a later point) and nothing about the expansion yet Istay doubtful that it will come this year. In my opinion it will only be confirmed when I actually play it this year, no statement will be confirmation enough for me, I just am not that easy to believe something people say. I see nothing wrong with my mentality, so explain me why that is a bad thing? And also what this have to do with the topic at all? I mean I enjoy SWTOR, but I that doesn't mean I have to buy anything BioWare tells me, like they would still be on track.

Doubting Thomas here no doubt.

I thought this was a poke fun at all the doomsayer topics that keep cropping up and keep being proven wrong.

I thought this was a poke fun at all the doomsayer topics that keep cropping up and keep being proven wrong.

Then you have failed your objective, since I think SWTOR is still doing well, but I just see that BioWare is never on schedule. So, my criticism on SWTOR has nothing to do with thinking SWTOR is doomed or any such nonsense. Two completely separate issues.

Then you have failed your objective, since I think SWTOR is still doing well, but I just see that BioWare is never on schedule. So, my criticism on SWTOR has nothing to do with thinking SWTOR is doomed or any such nonsense. Two completely separate issues.

What is your basis for this exactly?

Other than Strongholds, is there anything else that was delayed this year?

Except I didn't fail as I posted before you and you responded to me.

skepticist... i like that, a skeptical pessimist... i've just added a new word to my vocabulary, thx Drudenfusz

... :D

I wouldn't say I am especially pessimistically, more like realistic, BioWare has a record for delays (regarding SWTOR) on which I base my projection that it might not happen this year. If I would really be a pessimist, I think I would have stopped playing SWTOR a long time ago, and some things BioWare did were worse then my predictions, but since I cannot know how the future will actually pan out there will of course things that will be better than I think it might going to be.

What is your basis for this exactly?

Other than Strongholds, is there anything else that was delayed this year?

You make that sound like there have been a dozen relases for SWTOR this year that were on schedule. But when you loke on what schedule original was promised when SWTOR had gone f2p, you would see that basically everything since was too late! So, my assumption is that they have not yet given us a release date for the expension is just because they already know it would be really optimistically to really hit that, and i am pretty sure some internally at BioWare already regret that it was said it will come this year.

Edited by Drudenfusz