My dreams in swtor... what I would like to see.

Elminster_cs

Interestingly, several people talked about this with Cory Butler as Cologne Cantina, and he admitted that releasing DF and DP simultaneously may not have been the ideal way, but that the story required it (and I suppose that the next Operation story arc was not really finished)

Funny little story but hardly relevant to what was said earlier.

Plus, claiming that they released two operations is a bit of a stretch seeing that Dread Palace is the shortest operation I have ever seen in this game, at least when compared to the likes of Explosive Conflict or Scum and Villainy... Hell, even Dread Fortress.

Instead of calling it Dread Palace, it should have been called "Dread Lobby + Main Hall". Far more fitting. :D

I'm surprised Alec isn't in here demanding Jedi robes...

But what do I want to see? I want to see some elbow grease. I want to see Bioware keep their releases going. Housing, if you ask people who aren't screaming on the internet because they like to yell at people, is fun. I agree.

Now... Let's see MORE stuff. Let's see Bioware go nuts, and bring even more to the table!

Also, Pazaak. I sucked at it in KOTOR, but it was still fun anyway. Maybe Dejarik, too.

I'm surprised Alec isn't in here demanding Jedi robes...

But what do I want to see? I want to see some elbow grease. I want to see Bioware keep their releases going. Housing, if you ask people who aren't screaming on the internet because they like to yell at people, is fun. I agree.

Now... Let's see MORE stuff. Let's see Bioware go nuts, and bring even more to the table!

Also, Pazaak. I sucked at it in KOTOR, but it was still fun anyway. Maybe Dejarik, too.

He won the TOR-Fashion contest it would seem.

His ego right now is a bit too overinflated for him to sit in front of his computer. :p

6) REAL ROLE PLAYING SERVER

8) New Classes

9) Wookie World

10) Changes to Long Shots/Arrura Cannon

11) Make instanced heroics and flashpoints scale to the level of the highest leveled players. So if a 55 steps into Esseles, its a 55 flashpoint on storymode. If a 55 goes back to Coruscaunt to run heroics there, those heroics become 55 heroics when he/she steps foot into them. Have the old content scale up to play level so the content is never grey and easy.

#6: No. RP servers would be fine, but trolls made the RPers leave. You can't fix stupid.

#8: No. Work with the classes we have now.

#9: *Wookiee and Kashyyyk. If you're demanding something, at least find out what it is called.

#10: No. Also, Aurora. The heroics are fine when you play them. They don't need to be "changed" which in your case is read as "nerfed".

#11: Absolutely no. You're asking for something that literally has no point. Why would you want a 55 storymode flashpoint version of Esseles, for instance? You'd get literally nothing for doing it.

Well in my opinion you are quite right. For me they are NOW aspire to keep player and not gain new subscribers. They are not investing anymore money.

But the choice to make this game a WoW like, for me is a good idea, but they have lot of margin to become even better.

Take a look at other MMO, they have all try new systems, new combat design and so on, 99% have failed:

Eso, Wildstar, TERA, Rift, GW2 and so on.

The only one is doing pretty well is FFIV but I don't like the style.

A fair contrast different from my own, yeah. I don't think there's anything wrong with wow or its style in any inherent fashion.

Just turned or to be that its wow-like structure was too much of the same ol' seen-and-done-before for my crew.

Others' mileage obviously varies.

On the other hand, past teaches us that almost every game that tried going a different way flopped even harder than this one (and unlike this one, did not made much of a comeback).

True. It's a hard line to walk, though I sincerely believe Bioware could've pulled it off where so many others have failed.

Pure fluff and sentimentality on my part, that. I let my expectations get way too high in TOR's ramp up.

So maybe I'd like to think they could have pulled it off.

It -has- been nice to see them going in the directions they've been going in lately, at least. They'll never turn a frog into a prince, but they're certainly doing alright at making it a much better frog.

That's a good as it gets sometimes.

Edited by Uruare

Your list is rather different from mine.

[*]Cross server queue I"m neutral on this. It sounds good to me, but I have no first hand experience with similar systems, so I don't know how valid the criticisms are.

[*]Double/triple spec No interest in this. That's why I have alts.

[*]A new planet... a pvp planet More planets are always good, and rvr is usually quite fun.

[*]An improvment to the engine They are always working on the engine.

[*]Vanity dress system This is a big one on my list too. Cosmetic tabs!

[*]Chat bubble Big no for me. I'd turn it off on my first log in.

[*]A revamp of the planets: The only change I'd like to see is having them expanded for more exploration.

[*]Less istance = more player Another big no thanks for me. I always search for the smallest instances to reduce competition and ganking. I also find crowded zones to be immersion breaking as well.

[*]Lot of little bug gone I would absolutely love a big bug squashing patch :)

[*]Guild features: QoL is always nice.

[*]More operation The only reason I have for wanting more ops. is to get other people to stop complaining about their lack. I've only done a couple so far and have found them to be absolutely no fun. I'd much rather have more flashpoint story arcs.

Topping my list would be a continuation of personal & companion stories, no matter how small an increment. I know it won't happen, but a girl needs to have dreams...

Hi all, I'm not here to complain or something similar.

I'm a founder, I'm having and I had found in swtor and I have always subscribe even if I were not able to play or there was nothing more to do in the game. This because I like swtor and I think is one of the best MMO.

So here I would like to share my dream list to see this game even better, with lot of new players.

• Cross server queue: after three years this is something I miss in PvP. Arena are so fun, one of the best ever created, but because of queues ranked are impossible in lot of servers. This is real sad and I would really love to see this system growing.
  • Double/triple spec: most of us have ask this from the beginning, is something really important. This is something that improve the QoL. I have in all my toons field respec, that is nice of course, but the possibility to istant switch and change gear would be much better.
  • A new planet... a pvp planet: a was loving ilum even if it was something madness. Some of the devs here come from DAOC, there was one of the best open world pvp ever created. I wish to see zone to conquer, pvp objects with real good reward. This is one of the part that I'm dreaming most.
  • An improvment to the engine: we have a really nice engine, the graphic is cool, and there is lot of realism even if it is an MMO, but is so heavy. This of course will help in lot of other point of the wish list.
  • Vanity dress system: another wonderfull dream, something where we can change gear every time we can without spend a credit. Amazing.
  • Chat bubble: *_____* I miss this features so much, really. Now that we have guildship is something that I really miss. They give such a great immersion in the game.
  • Connect between GSF and the character: this will be a very usefull QoL. Actually lot of player don't queue for GSF because they have the ship fully unlocked and there is not a real connection from your character and the a GSF match.
  • A revamp of the planets: Not a total rewap, but some more planet to choose while levelling. Is incredible fun to level an alt, but adding some more planet would be amazing. Something level-scaled, so that evey one can enjoy, with a "side quest" outside swtor timeline, a side story. I would like also to see lot of more PvP action in lot of planet. Take hoth for example, there are two side and probably during questing you have found 3/4 imperials or reps. Some quests in enemy territory, flagged for PvP (quest not obbligatory). This because there is WAR between repubblic and empire and this immersion miss inside the game, maybe some timed quest... aaahhhh such a great dream!
  • Less istance = more player: early planets have 120/130 players in the same instance, in later planet you will just find 40/50, so sometimes you feel alone because yuo don't found anyone around. Another great dream.
  • Lot of little bug gone: there are too many little bugs around that are there since launch and probably we will neve see a fix, an example is the sofa in the inquisitor ship that is without collider.
  • Guild features: oh well this aspect for me is very important. Actually my dream is to have: A roster bound by account and not by players where you can set up an icon role for the spec, an officer mailing list and an in-game event calendar, linked to the roster, where you can sign up for the operation. These are things that I dream most.
  • More operation: well this is my last dream, we all love operation but there are too few,,,

Just dreams, but as dream maybe somedays they will become real.

In my opinion this kind of things can bring back really lot of players.

Have nice dreams guys!

Cross Server Queues

While I can see the benefits of a cross server queue for PvP I can also see some problems with it. This game already suffers from very poor latency. I don't just mean server ping either. The engine itself is laggy sometimes. I can see cross server queues also creating favorable conditions for games hosted on the server with the lower ping and a distinct disadvantage for the other players. I can already see tons of rubber banding and other synchronization issues making this absolutely suck. If this could be done seamlessly and without performance issues I'd be all for it but I have no confidence BioWare can deliver on that experience.

Multiple Specs

The double, triple spec idea is something we've asked for since pretty much the start of the game. I don't think this will happen. BioWare doesn't want us switching specs on the fly in warzones and probably not in boss fights. I think this feature should be implemented but perhaps requiring you to be out of combat or something before the spec can be toggled and simply not allow the change once in a warzone queue. I don't know exactly what needs to happen here but BioWare should be able to meet the needs of the community on this one while still preventing any game breaking exploits that on the fly spec switching without doing it the hard way might bring.

PvP Planet

A planet that caters specifically to the PvP community? That's never going to happen. You can pretty much forget that. BioWare won't offer such targeted content that excludes the rest of the player base to such an extent. And if you want PvP anywhere that's what the PvP servers are for.

Engine Improvements

Engine improvements are something I'm sure we'd all like to see. Not only performance improvements but graphics improvements as well. To some extent BioWare has done this from time to time as they've reworked artwork and textures here and there for no reason other than they just wanted to. I think they'll continue to do things in this vein as time goes on but massive engine overhauls seem unlikely. They are costly, risky to implement and offer no real benefit to the game's profitability. So sorry, a few tweaks and some updated artwork here and there is likely all we are going to get.

Chat bubbles.

This is the one thing in the list I absolutely don't understand. How on earth or any other planet does this improve immersion. I don't need comic book like chat bubbles crowding my screen. What the **** would this accomplish for you?

Revamping Planets

Revamping the planets? You won't see that. There isn't any reason to go back through and mess with what already works. There are tons of ways to level in this game now and going through planet quests is but one of them. It just doesn't make sense to change how these areas work or bolster them.

Less Instancing

Less instancing? No thank you. It's already annoying enough to visit some of the daily areas and get your objectives taken from you or to have to wait a long time for objects to respawn. And how does physically having more players in the instance benefit you? It doesn't. You might just want to see more people running around but that's about all you'd get out of it. The chats for each instance are linked now per planet so you can still talk to everyone. I see no benefit to less instancing. In fact for performance and other reasons I wouldn't mind more instancing in places. For general running around larger maps with less loading can help make a world feel bigger but for places where you actually want to accomplish things I think sometimes instancing is better.

Bug Fixes

The bug list is really long for any MMO. Bugs like you mentioned may get fixed over time but honestly there are bigger fish to fry and that's the least of our problems.

Guild Features

The guild features you speak of are something I can get behind. These may be difficult to implement and to some extent many guilds have these features through their guild websites. I know that's not what you meant and having it in game would be nice but I think BioWare's resources would be better spent on other aspects of the game. I agree with you in that this sort of thing would be cool but I doubt we'll see this sort of thing for awhile if ever.

This is all just my opinion of course.

Could you please elaborate on that? Tbh, I don't have any idea what this means?

Well actually if you run some GSF you don't get any reward for your character. Is a real side game with nothing to do with you toon.

1: bigger warzone like 16vs16

2: i love conquest i hope they keep improving it giving use more objectives

3: option to turn of hooks in strongholds use freeplacement

4: faster content update for operations 10 month is way to long

5: new advance class or talent tree for all classes

2) Yes, and find a way to be more interactive with other players of other guilds not only a farming fest. I like it too.

3) why not XD

4) True story

2) As long as this refers to current advance class I agree.

3) But Id love to see a full zone or planet where sides fought over bases or outposts in PVP. Doubt it happens though at this late stage. The artificial mechanics in conquest designed to get people to utilize the unused warzones shows EA is married to this lesser brand of PVP in SW:TOR and would rather promote it then fix PVP over all.

5) Never understand the desire of some people to turn MMORPGs into comic pages with chat bubbles. The chat is there for you to read, read it. Complete waste of time and dev energy.

7) DISAGREE. No Idea where you play but I hit Oricon or Makeb or CZ and they have 30+ people and Im looking for a smaller instance instantly. I DO NOT want to be in a instance with 120/130 players. This game is very poorly designed in this regard and instances CAN NOT handle that many players with out the players tripping over each other and being generally @%!%!#% to each other.

............................................................................................

My list is

1) Pazzaak

2) Swoop (NOT POD) racing

3) Appearence tabs (Carry multiple armor sets with out filling up backpack slots

4) Dual spec that is saved so switching over changes hot bars and everything to a pre determined set up

5) Expand existing planets (Id love to see a new 55+ zone added to the old planets so there is a reason to reuse these planets when you at max. I know I havent been back to Tython in forever)

6) REAL ROLE PLAYING SERVER

7) DAoC Style RVR (with out expertise stat. If your as good as you think you are, you dont need an extra stat to make you even more powerful. There is a reason why many players PVP to 49 and then stiop and reroll new character.)

8) New Classes and Races including more aliens iconic to Star Wars universe.

9) Wookie World, Onderon (and Dxun), Dantoinne, Expand the universe with a focus on end game content

10) Changes to Long Shots/Arrura Cannon (section X) and other under 55 heroics that require 3-4 players to complete a non combat mechanic. Make the old world herooics 2 person to lvl 55s so they can get this content done if they rerun it

11) Make instanced heroics and flashpoints scale to the level of the highest leveled players. So if a 55 steps into Esseles, its a 55 flashpoint on storymode. If a 55 goes back to Coruscaunt to run heroics there, those heroics become 55 heroics when he/she steps foot into them. Have the old content scale up to play level so the content is never grey and easy.

2) Yes this was my idea ^_^

3) Would be awensome... *____*

5) Because inside FP, OPS and so on they look very nice. Now that we have also guildship talk in /s is pretty ugly.

7) I was talking about low level like Hoth, tattoine, big planet with lot of people. If CZ is full with 30 people around, we have just 45/50 on hoth that is 5 times bigger, so you don't see anyone around. This is what I'm talking about.

-------------------------

Your list:

1) A welcome of course! But again must be "linked" in someway to the main game.

2) sure, same as 1!

3) yup!

4) As my dream!

5) Yup!

6) Not so much because there are to many trolls in swtor!

7) Something I real miss!

8) Awensome

9) Very cool idea!

10 - 11) Well this is nice!

Cross Server Queues

While I can see the benefits of a cross server queue for PvP I can also see some problems with it. This game already suffers from very poor latency. I don't just mean server ping either. The engine itself is laggy sometimes. I can see cross server queues also creating favorable conditions for games hosted on the server with the lower ping and a distinct disadvantage for the other players. I can already see tons of rubber banding and other synchronization issues making this absolutely suck. If this could be done seamlessly and without performance issues I'd be all for it but I have no confidence BioWare can deliver on that experience.

Well actually you right. Take lot of effort to implement such system. But again for me is a must, because we have ranked that in lot of server are not popping. Hope they can find a solution. Of course to avoid ping delay, they must lock EU/US servers.

Multiple Specs

The double, triple spec idea is something we've asked for since pretty much the start of the game. I don't think this will happen. BioWare doesn't want us switching specs on the fly in warzones and probably not in boss fights. I think this feature should be implemented but perhaps requiring you to be out of combat or something before the spec can be toggled and simply not allow the change once in a warzone queue. I don't know exactly what needs to happen here but BioWare should be able to meet the needs of the community on this one while still preventing any game breaking exploits that on the fly spec switching without doing it the hard way might bring.

Yes of course must be out of combat. You know that actually you can field respec in combat? There are boss that can easy done with a fast respec. I have see a dps change to healer doing a boss in HM...palace... myself.

PvP Planet

A planet that caters specifically to the PvP community? That's never going to happen. You can pretty much forget that. BioWare won't offer such targeted content that excludes the rest of the player base to such an extent. And if you want PvP anywhere that's what the PvP servers are for.

Is not the same, probably you have never see something like DAOC. Is not a "go and PvP yourself" Is an event on planet to conquer outpost and so on. In my guild there are about 10 players that will come back with this kind of features

Chat bubbles.

This is the one thing in the list I absolutely don't understand. How on earth or any other planet does this improve immersion. I don't need comic book like chat bubbles crowding my screen. What the **** would this accomplish for you?

Read the other reply! :D

Revamping Planets

Revamping the planets? You won't see that. There isn't any reason to go back through and mess with what already works. There are tons of ways to level in this game now and going through planet quests is but one of them. It just doesn't make sense to change how these areas work or bolster them.

The other guy have shared a very cool idea for a revamp of the planets

Bug Fixes

The bug list is really long for any MMO. Bugs like you mentioned may get fixed over time but honestly there are bigger fish to fry and that's the least of our problems.

Main problem is that the "old content" is hard to fix, that is why we have so many old bugs popping up time to time. New content have much more quality

Guild Features

The guild features you speak of are something I can get behind. These may be difficult to implement and to some extent many guilds have these features through their guild websites. I know that's not what you meant and having it in game would be nice but I think BioWare's resources would be better spent on other aspects of the game. I agree with you in that this sort of thing would be cool but I doubt we'll see this sort of thing for awhile if ever.

Yes, we all have website, but people are so lazy that never come to take a look XD. For me a mailing list is a core feature in modern MMO

This is all just my opinion of course.

Thanks for sharing you opinions guys, keep posting your dream. I hope some of them will become true!

Edited by Elminster_cs

Just a update on references to trolls and Roleplay servers.

If REAL Roleplay server was offered, there would be no trolls

The TROLLS only exist in SW:TOR so called RP servers because eA and Bioware refuse to put forth REAL RP servers that are supported and enforced.

For a very minimal amount of energy and almost no wage increases to EA/BW pay role, they could eliminate every single troll currently on the RP servers and give the Role Players a real dedicated and positive server to play on.

All it would take is

1) Make RP servers subscriber only. This completely eliminates the F2P trolls who role there to bother others. Tie this server to subscriber benefits only package.

2) Players report non acceptable names and a cust service rep review those names each day (many to start with but soon turn into few reports over time).

Name breaks the TOS (which most names on RP server do currently) the subscriber is sent a email asking for 3 alternative names that do not break TOS

If sub returns with 3 unacceptable names, EA/BW assign that character a new perm name.

If that sub commits this over multiple characters the account is banned from RP servers

MOST COMMON TROLL IS NOW REMOVED FROM EQUATION.

3) Chat and behaviour reports are handled on a case by case situation and any report about chat or behavior instantly includes a chat log sent to EA when report filed (this is VERY common practice in other MMORPGs).

See naming rules for how to handle problem players who consistently break the TOS on the RP server

2ND MOST COMMON TROLL NOW REMOVED FROM EQUATION

RP servers have been around 2+ decades and how to run them correctly and successfully is already written in stone.

For what ever reason EA/BW has refused to do this for a section of their subscribers and allowed trolls and mental midgets to ruin the environments of those RP servers.

Trolls are easy to remove from RP servers and it mostly can be done by the actual player base.

Just need EA/BW to give a bleep and care just the smallest bit.

#11: Absolutely no. You're asking for something that literally has no point. Why would you want a 55 storymode flashpoint version of Esseles, for instance? You'd get literally nothing for doing it.

City of Heroes had a very cool thing called SuperSidekicking. A team would always be fighting at the same level - normally the team leader's level, or at the mission (quest) owner's level when doing an instanced mission, or at the high end of a task force (think flashpoint). You'd earn XP based on your actual level, get influence (credit) drops adjusted for your level. Gear was less important in CoH than SWTOR, but Planetary/Classic commendations solve that well.

The time I miss it most is in the bounty event - if a level 55 and a level 20 both have the same kingpin bounty, they can't effectively team up because the kingpin will be level 55 and the level 20 character will be completely ineffective.

But it also would be great for the Conquest - no more blasting through heroic4's filled with NPCs 20 levels or more below you, you'd be at their level. The flashpoints also would have had people at the flashpoint level. It both ends the abusive nature of running those way above level, and it makes them both challenging and giving rewards.

City of Heroes had a very cool thing called SuperSidekicking. A team would always be fighting at the same level - normally the team leader's level, or at the mission (quest) owner's level when doing an instanced mission, or at the high end of a task force (think flashpoint). You'd earn XP based on your actual level, get influence (credit) drops adjusted for your level. Gear was less important in CoH than SWTOR, but Planetary/Classic commendations solve that well.

The time I miss it most is in the bounty event - if a level 55 and a level 20 both have the same kingpin bounty, they can't effectively team up because the kingpin will be level 55 and the level 20 character will be completely ineffective.

But it also would be great for the Conquest - no more blasting through heroic4's filled with NPCs 20 levels or more below you, you'd be at their level. The flashpoints also would have had people at the flashpoint level. It both ends the abusive nature of running those way above level, and it makes them both challenging and giving rewards.

True true!