The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Current Commander system

Sillensumbra

My suggestion would be this:

1) Pulling the Commander outside of the zone that flags you for PVP resets him. Also, increase the size of the flagging zone, or move him deeper into it, to accommodate for his knockbacks.

2) Healing the Commander automatically flags your entire group for PVP, regardless of if the commander is currently in combat or not., or where your group is located on the map.

3) Performing any hostile action (attacking, taunting, etc) on the Commander automatically flags your entire group for PVP, regardless of where your group is located on the map.

As far as the tug of war taunt system is concerned, I don't really have an easy solution for that. Perhaps they could change taunts so that targets that are in combat with one person/group (as indicated by the little lock icon on their portrait) are immune to taunts from other groups/people. Not sure how easy that would be to code though, especially not without breaking taunts entirely.

Edited by Andrellma

If you have a decent sized guild group, it takes entirely too many healers to heal the mob faster than you can dps it. If you use foresight, you'll have a couple of tanks so taunts won't be an issue.

The only problem is healers not getting flagged when healing. That needs to happen. Healers don't last long by themselves.

If you have a decent sized guild group, it takes entirely too many healers to heal the mob faster than you can dps it. If you use foresight, you'll have a couple of tanks so taunts won't be an issue.

The only problem is healers not getting flagged when healing. That needs to happen. Healers don't last long by themselves.

Not when another guild brings 5 assassin tanks and 3 juggernauts. Should we bring an additional 10 tanks with us just in case?

Not when another guild brings 5 assassin tanks and 3 juggernauts. Should we bring an additional 10 tanks with us just in case?

Then they have planned to defeat you. Their planning is greater than yours. The ball is in your court to plan to defeat their plan.

These commanders are PvP activities and if you fail to prepare adequately then it is your fault. If A guild brings that many tanks, they deserve to win.

I do, however, find it hard to believe that 8 tanks have nothing better to do than form a counter group to a commander.

Then they have planned to defeat you. Their planning is greater than yours. The ball is in your court to plan to defeat their plan.

These commanders are PvP activities and if you fail to prepare adequately then it is your fault. If A guild brings that many tanks, they deserve to win.

I do, however, find it hard to believe that 8 tanks have nothing better to do than form a counter group to a commander.

Charles Kane agrees.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If you find that hard to believe, then you're simply not educated enough in how things are being done in the current content. Guilds are working across faction lines in order to trade Commander kills to maximize their rewards in direct contradiction to how the system is supposed to work.

Unless, of course, you think that this sort of cross-faction cooperation is in the spirit of the game. In which case, I wonder what your thoughts were on Ilum pylon-trading back before they hot fixed it. That was a solid bit of planning on the part of the players then, too, hmm? ;)

But, hey, planning, right? lol

If you find that hard to believe, then you're simply not educated enough in how things are being done in the current content. Guilds are working across faction lines in order to trade Commander kills to maximize their rewards in direct contradiction to how the system is supposed to work.

Unless, of course, you think that this sort of cross-faction cooperation is in the spirit of the game. In which case, I wonder what your thoughts were on Ilum pylon-trading back before they hot fixed it. That was a solid bit of planning on the part of the players then, too, hmm? ;)

But, hey, planning, right? lol

So guilds have nothing better to do than to camp out at all of the Commander spawn points 24 hours a day to prevent other guilds from attacking commanders? Again, not buying it.

Our guild gets together at random times and goes after commanders and have only run into one or two healers trying to out heal a complete operations group. It fails miserably of course.

I've never seen organized defense of commanders, either.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just find it hard to believe that it happens as often as you'd like us to believe. Had I seen it even once in the last two weeks I'd believe you but aside from the random healer we've seen nothing.

If you think there is an issue, file a report on the players involved, but I'm willing to bet that since their is a PvP solution to the problem that nothing will be done.

So guilds have nothing better to do than to camp out at all of the Commander spawn points 24 hours a day to prevent other guilds from attacking commanders? Again, not buying it.

Our guild gets together at random times and goes after commanders and have only run into one or two healers trying to out heal a complete operations group. It fails miserably of course.

I've never seen organized defense of commanders, either.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just find it hard to believe that it happens as often as you'd like us to believe. Had I seen it even once in the last two weeks I'd believe you but aside from the random healer we've seen nothing.

If you think there is an issue, file a report on the players involved, but I'm willing to bet that since their is a PvP solution to the problem that nothing will be done.

So, you're working the assumption that people are camping out 24/7?

All it takes is for someone to park an alt near the spawn point and check every so often and when it spawns, check the timer for when the shield comes down. I know, because that's how we do it. There's only a few to check, after all, it takes 8 alts across an entire guild in order to camp them all out.

So, yes, not only is it easy to know when/where the Commanders are going to be open for grabs, but anyone can do it, either faction. And they do that already.

As for doubting me, you're free to do so, but you'd be wise to a search on these forums and others. You'd find that I'm not the only one reporting this sort of behavior and it's not just happening on my server. Cross-faction cooperation and trading Commander kills is a thing now, just like trading pylons was a thing back on Ilum. Because that's TOR players for you.

Solution is simple, BioWare should remove commanders altogether from PvE servers, only PvP servers should have them... yes, I am aware how important they are for guildships, but who cares about PvE players anyway?

Well, since most of us are on PVE servers, lol@U