Buy Cartel packs vs buy item on GTN. When item is astronomically expensive on GTN.

Finrok

I got a mount I want but it is always over 1 million credits on GTN.

Since it is so high would buying a hypercrate maybe be worth it?

Buying a hypercrate to open the packs hoping to get that mount would not be worth it, IMO.

If you bought a hypercrate and sold the packs unopened on the GTN, then you would probably have enough credits to purchase that mount, though.

1 million is nothing. All right, not nothing, it's the average price for a cool new mount.

Super desired mounts (thrones, walkers) can exceed 10 million, cheaper mounts are 200-400k range, and sub-100k is garbage mounts for newbies.

The only time you should ever open cartel packs is if you are trying to grind the reputation of said pack.

it's always better to sell the packs on the GTN when the binder runs out. (and I personally sell them individually, not as hypercrates, since the price of hypercrates on my server is actually slightly lower than I'd get from selling them all individually)

Since it is so high would buying a hypercrate maybe be worth it?

Never gamble. If you want to buy hypercrates, buy them then sell them unopened on GTN, then buy what you want with the proceeds.