How is the Sith Warrior's climax supposed to be good? (class endgame spoilers within)

Xilizhra

So, at the end of this storyline, you become the Emperor's Wrath, and it's awesome and suchlike. But... the Emperor is not only inactive, he's so much of an omnicidal maniac that Lord Scourge, far from any conception of "fluffy sunshine bunny" himself, ran away from that position and joined the Jedi Knight. Which means that you're locked into a position that seems destined to crash and burn in one way or another, and until then, it's not too far removed from "generically powerful Sith lord." I'll grant that it makes a bit more sense for post-50 content than a Dark Councilor leading the Sphere of Ancient Knowledge running around the galaxy doing legwork, but... there just seems to be nothing to really celebrate, at least from a metagame perspective; you're in a position that's impossible to follow without somehow deciding that killing the entire galaxy is worth it after all.

I Agree With You,If They At Least Made You Mentally Contacted With Emperor Vitia Like The Children Or The Hands Or The Imperial Guard And He Actually Sent You Orders,For Example I Haven't Played A 55 Warrior Yet But I Saw Their Introduction Of Makeb On Wrath Should Be Like You Were Sleeping Then Vitiate Appear To You And Say"Wrath I Need Your Help To Keep The Empire From Collapsing Appart,Go To The Planet Makeb And Request An Audience With Darth Marr,Offer Him Your Assistance On Seizing The Planet For The Empire,That Planet Has The Key To Our Survival".

So, at the end of this storyline, you become the Emperor's Wrath, and it's awesome and suchlike. But... the Emperor is not only inactive, he's so much of an omnicidal maniac that Lord Scourge, far from any conception of "fluffy sunshine bunny" himself, ran away from that position and joined the Jedi Knight. Which means that you're locked into a position that seems destined to crash and burn in one way or another, and until then, it's not too far removed from "generically powerful Sith lord." I'll grant that it makes a bit more sense for post-50 content than a Dark Councilor leading the Sphere of Ancient Knowledge running around the galaxy doing legwork, but... there just seems to be nothing to really celebrate, at least from a metagame perspective; you're in a position that's impossible to follow without somehow deciding that killing the entire galaxy is worth it after all.

Not only that but from where I was standing, I actually wanted to...

Decimate the entire Dark Council and make amends with Darth Baras.

Sure he betrayed you. Sure he tried to have killed. More than once.

But again - as you so aptly said - we are serving someone who's ultimate goal is to consume all life in the Galaxy, someone who Baras so expertly misled and imprisoned on Voss... His voice anyway.

For all intents and purposes, regardless of what they think of him, the Emperor is nothing more than a "absentee landlord", with galaxy-spanning genocidal tendencies. Alas, Baras is not.

And we get to remove the latter in favor of the former...

Win, win. :o

The climax is killing your Lord and assuming a role beyond the Sith power structure. Your word carries the Emperor's weight, and your actions can't be argued against. It is the ultimate expression of the Sith Code, as you're now only beholden to the "absentee Landlord".

but... there just seems to be nothing to really celebrate, at least from a metagame perspective; you're in a position that's impossible to follow without somehow deciding that killing the entire galaxy is worth it after all.

Like, going anywhere in Empire, doing whatever you want, and everybody being in fear of you? (or they should, at least). I guess you should look at it from a more practical perspective rather. Emperor is conveniently gone, so the galaxy is not going to crash and burn. That doesn't take away the warriors stature, also conveniently. I certainly would want to hold that status out of all the class quest endings really.

Like, going anywhere in Empire, doing whatever you want, and everybody being in fear of you? (or they should, at least). I guess you should look at it from a more practical perspective rather. Emperor is conveniently gone, so the galaxy is not going to crash and burn. That doesn't take away the warriors stature, also conveniently. I certainly would want to hold that status out of all the class quest endings really.

The Inquisitor gets the same deal, and the Warrior can't be too free with their actions, as the Dark Council seems quite willing to assassinate them if they get out of line. And the Emperor can always come back.