The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Getting stuck

Tobytja

Well this is probably not exactly bug, but it is a problem I encountered.

Yesterday it happened to me, that I got stuck on Taris near Endar Spire in between some blocks of metal during a jump. I typed /stuck in chat, I stopped jumping, but didn't move from the spot I was at. When I tried to move back, I got stuck again. After some time I typed /stuck again, nothing happened. I tried quick travel, but it was canceled for some reason after about a second. I tried to log out of game and then back in, but it didn't help either. After about half an hour of thinking and asking other players for advices, one of them said "try fleet pass". Unfortunately my cooldown was still about 7 hours from completion, but I tried priority transport to my ship and that worked.

My point is, that the solution was pretty complicated and if I didn't have that priority transport unlocked, I really have no idea what I'd have done. The problem with "getting stuck" shall be resolved more efficiently. For example never get stuck at all. I don't remember happening it to me in DDO, which is the only mmo game I ever played aside from SWTOR. And I don't remember it from any other kind of game either.

There's lots of places to get stuck in this game. The final solution someone told me in general chat if nothing else worked was to queue for a warzone, and once there, do the fleet pass from the start area. if you just exit the area, you'll wind up back where you were which doesn't solve anything. Doing the two transports in a row is my last resort.

Of course you've got the time delay....