Gatekeeper Pack Decor

Jonfendm

This is probably NOT a bug per se, but it kinda functions as a bug. So, for 5 million credits a pop, I bought 4 hypercrates off the GTN. Placed all the acquired decorations in my cargo hold to wait for the bind to drop off them so I could determine a) what to keep for myself b) what to sell c) what to donate to the guild.

When I moved all the decor from Cargo hold 2 days later, it all stacked (by their various items), and I didnt think anything of it, it is typical behavior. After decided on the look I wanted, the cash I hoped to make back, I was ready to start divvying up the booty. So I went straight down the line , I had X number of X item, and said(for example 10 Executive Arrangements) I want to keep 6 for myself, sell 2 on the GTN, donate 2 to the guild. So, I clicked the stack 6 times. Moved on to the next item so I could do it all in 1 sitting. Then went to the guild bank to drop stuff in, and lo and behold everything was now bound to me. Because I clicked on the stack to use one of them.

I realize this is probably not a bug, but it is a bad application of the bound, unbound rule. Simple fix... make Decor never bind. Ever. If you click on a stack of 10, it becomes 9, there is no need to bind all 9 of the remaining to you. There is not even a warning screen when you click the stack of 10 that it will permanently bind the whole stack to you. I hope someone addressed this. For now, in the future, I will have to go through the early step of splitting stacks.

For now, in the future, I will have to go through the early step of splitting stacks.
If by this you mean splitting them while the bind timer is running, that might bind them to you as well. Because "using" an item while the timer is running cancels the timer and binds it to you immediately. So if splitting a stack binds the whole stack, it might bind them regardless of whether the timer is running or expired.

Safer approach would likely be to open one pack at a time, and individually drag items to your storage (legacy and/or individual) so they aren't stacked. (I hope you have lots of storage space). And then once you know what you have, you can allocate items to yourself, your guild, and the GTN. Just make sure you always drag them from/to different storage options as single items, and don't right-click to move them (which will auto-stack them) unless they're the ones you plan to keep for yourself.

This is definitely a bug, albeit not an easy fix, so I'm afraid we'll have to live with it. This mainly happens because the decorations are stackable. This is the first time a CM item is stackable, which is why this issue never before surfaced.

The easiest fix would be to make the items not stack, but that would clutter the inventory and fill up the GTN, so I hope they'll just leave it as it is and that players need to be careful when using decorations before the timer ran out.

No, this is not with the timer. I've had stacks that I've bought from the vendors, used one and now the entire stack is bound.

If by this you mean splitting them while the bind timer is running, that might bind them to you as well. Because "using" an item while the timer is running cancels the timer and binds it to you immediately. So if splitting a stack binds the whole stack, it might bind them regardless of whether the timer is running or expired.