running a 2nd account

SimonJ

I am thinking of running a 2nd account so I can play and level other crew skills at the same time.

.Which unlocks would I need as I dont really want to run 2 subscriptions (only get the once off 60 day sub so I get the xpac)but buy the unlocks with the subscribers bonus and authenicator CC.

Also wondering as I have the physical collectors edition would I be able to use the physical security key on the unsubbed account as I use the security key app for my main account?

Thank you

I am thinking of running a 2nd account so I can play and level other crew skills at the same time.

.Which unlocks would I need as I dont really want to run 2 subscriptions (only get the once off 60 day sub so I get the xpac)but buy the unlocks with the subscribers bonus and authenicator CC.

Also wondering as I have the physical collectors edition would I be able to use the physical security key on the unsubbed account as I use the security key app for my main account?

Thank you

Be sure to create your second account by using your own Friend Referral Link. That gives you a few unlocks on your new account and a useful mount on your original account (110% speed at speeder nav I). Then you won't need any more unlocks.

But the guild bank and additional cargo bay could be useful.

I think you should be able to apply your security key to your new account. But you will only get the additional 100cc per month while you are a subscriber.

AFAIK, each physical key works for only one account.

Actually, that's incorrect. You can add the same physical key to up to five different accounts. :)

Also, yes - you can use the physical key from your CE on a F2P account that didn't come with the CE. It's just a standard autheticator, so it isn't bound to your CE by default or anything.

Edited by Callaron

I currently have 2 accounts subscribed.

I'm not sure if it's what you plan to do, but you cannot have 2 clients open at once (without some sort of special programme that is) on the 1 computer.

If I have 1 game open, and try to load the other I cannot get past the loader.

I currently have 2 accounts subscribed.

I'm not sure if it's what you plan to do, but you cannot have 2 clients open at once (without some sort of special programme that is) on the 1 computer.

If I have 1 game open, and try to load the other I cannot get past the loader.

I have a virtual set up of Win 7 thats a few years old just need to update it.