First Week of Conquests

ML_DoubleTap

I hope everyone had a good time with this first week. From those that pushed for first place on their respective planets, to those that fought to stay in the top ten for guild rewards and those that just enjoyed the new opportunity for OWPvP. I was personally surprised at how fun this new system ended up being. In the Army of Light our competitive spirit kicked in and we had members working over time running anything that could get points. Our hats of to 13th Legion for a great battle. Congratulations to all 3 guilds that conquered a planet this first week; Aisthesis, Army of Light and Freedom Warriors. It was a fun back and forth with 13th over the weekend and the race between Aisthesis and Veritas was right down to the wire this morning.

Now, time for some R&R...I think we're taking a week off :D

It was an really fun week. I think it is the most fun I've had in game since launch and I'm someone that has really enjoyed this game from the start. Kudos to all the winners and special kudos to Army of Light for winning our competition over Makeb. It was fun pushing you guys on the last day. I wasn't certain how we would do at the beginning of the week and we got off to a slow start, but we really kicked it into gear and shot up the leader board.

Looking forward to future conquest activities and hopefully conquering a planet or two in the name of the Thirteenth!

It was fun having something to do last week other than the normal grind, but now I fear the conquests will quickly start to feel like that as well -- if they haven't already for some people.

Enjoy your week off -- oops, I mean your DAY off.

I definitely think it's a mistake to hold the conquest event every week. People need some time off to chill or just get back to their regular activities. This will be like like having the Olympics every month instead of once every four years; it'll quickly lose its significance and appeal.

I definitely think it's a mistake to hold the conquest event every week. People need some time off to chill or just get back to their regular activities. This will be like like having the Olympics every month instead of once every four years; it'll quickly lose its significance and appeal.

Yeah, I agree with this. At this point I'm not sure if I care if Aisthesis even places next week. Just so darn tired.

I think they're planning on mitigating this is by switching up what things give out points depending on the conquest goal. If you look on Dulfy, there's two whole events that seem dedicated for crafting where I don't think you can even PVP for rewards. There's a week that just focuses mainly on flashpoints, or GSF or PVP too. So I'm guessing guilds and players will sort of fall into their own natural rhythm, where they only compete in weekly events for the type of content they really care about.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out though.

Edited by Prisoner

It was fun having something to do last week other than the normal grind, but now I fear the conquests will quickly start to feel like that as well -- if they haven't already for some people.

Enjoy your week off -- oops, I mean your DAY off.

I dunno I see this as more of a pacing thing. if your guild needs time to rest and recharge... take it. this gives over guilds a chance to compete instead.

Yeah, I agree with this. At this point I'm not sure if I care if Aisthesis even places next week. Just so darn tired.

Yeah we're pretty sure we'll be taking a week off probably just trying to make sure we get top 10. It was a lot more fun than crafting and doing old content should have been :p Just goes to show that if you get a bunch of competitive people together anything can be fun and competitive!

I was up till 7:30 am trying to push everything we could, at midnight when we seen are 450k lead goto a negative 200k deficiate I was like crap guess I'm not getting any sleep tonight. We grinded all night long to catch up, which we watched you having a few people on as well but not enough to maintain the lead. When you guys had your best crafter login at 7:30 am and we watched out 80k lead goto a negative 411 loss I said screw it felt really disappointed that everything I did was for not (2,519,160 of our points where just me) and went to bed. I personally have taken this loss as my fault for not doing more then I could.

So my hats to you for now, but we will meet again and next time I won't hold back. Only other consellation I walked out of this 1st week only spending 40% of my stored materials and only 10m on mats I didn't have. Leaving me with 300m for future events and alot more bank space then I had before 2.9.

Edited by Zohkar

I was up till 7:30 am trying to push everything we could, at midnight when we seen are 450k lead goto a negative 200k deficiate I was like crap guess I'm not getting any sleep tonight. We grinded all night long to catch up, which we watched you having a few people on as well but not enough to maintain the lead. When you guys had your best crafter login at 7:30 am and we watched out 80k lead goto a negative 411 loss I said screw it felt really disappointed that everything I did was for not (2,519,160 of our points where just me) and went to bed. I personally have taken this loss as my fault for not doing more then I could.

So my hats to you for now, but we will meet again and next time I won't hold back. Only other consellation I walked out of this 1st week only spending 40% of my stored materials and only 10m on mats I didn't have. Leaving me with 300m for future events and alot more bank space then I had before 2.9.

It was like an epic football game, back and forth with possession of the ball in the 4th quarter being the deciding factor. I also did a huge chunk myself (2,630,305, if the guild screen is accurate now...) so there are other people out there who know what you went through.

Well fought! :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.