The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dromund Kass and Coruscant not having a starship hook is...Planet-ist!

Lunafox

All they really need to do is add a floor to the elevator (it would give you the option to exit area or change floors when you clicked on it) and put a big hangar with a force field across the entrance. Ta-da!

LMFAO sorry but that signature is brilliant. And yes, that works for me. Or just another expansion to the stronghold altogether. I'd even be happy paying another million for that just to get my hook. It's rediculous that DK and Coru miss out on this. Someone on another forum tried to justify it by comparing it to SWG, where you had different housing "sizes". I never played SWG though so I'm inclined to think it's BS.

• 2 weeks later...

Look, I've got the strongholds open and unlocked, and I get the nerd rage over not having the starship hook, but we're talking about the Capital Worlds of each respective government. They've probably got more No-fly zones than you can possibly imagine when it comes to starship traffic.

The backwash from a starship would kill hundreds, easily, from the radiation alone. That's why smaller transports (with the exception of the actual swoops, not the things SWTOR calls a swoop) use repulsorlifts.

The extra pad on the balcony is big enough for shuttles, not for a starship. The starship models are actually smaller than they should be, so even the landing pad on the NS stronghold isn't big enough to hold a properly scaled starship.

In the center of governmental oversight and regulation, it's perfectly reasonable that they're going to tell you where you can or cannot park. Tatooine is a lot less regulated (and well spread out), and Nar Shaddaa ls all about the bribery and taking what you want. It's reasonable you might ignore certain regulations there, given the fees you paid to establish your strongholds.

NS has 1 hook. Tatooine has 2. I just want to see what the new stronghold has to offer.

Except that justifying the lack of a starship hook in those strongholds by pointing out things that make sense, but could still be worked around considering that it's unlikely both Coruscant and Dromund Kaas are entirely free from unregistered or private-use landing platforms ... then you're also saying that Jedi and Trooper players have no business even being given the option to purchase a stronghold, since during a time of war, Troopers would be stationed in military barracks and Jedi at various temples or command posts, and considering how non-materialistic the Jedi Order is, Jedi wouldn't be able to afford a stronghold ...... in a completely lore-based point of view. Edited by M_A_White

The last time I checked, at least in the modern military, it doesn't matter where you're stationed - none of that precludes the option of owning your own home, regardless of whether you are using it or not.

As much as they pay lip service to being non-materialistic, I think we've been given plenty of demonstration in the films (and books) and dialog options in quests that there are plenty of changes for Jedi to come into wealth, and use it as they see fit.

It is, afterall, a Legacy holding. It will be used by generations of your friends and family. And since you're purchasing it in the only place the government is allowing you to purchase it, it comes under the regulations imposed. You want less regulation, move to a more flexible environment. (where you're paying for that lack of regulation and oversight)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I see that much. But to suggest that there aren't any officials on the capitols that take bribes, or that there aren't special circumstances for certain people to have their own starship berths is ... well silly. If a planet so well controlled and secured as Coruscant can fall prey to a surprise attack from the Empire, who's to say its customs aren't lax enough to allow for personal starships?

I don't understand why our starship isn't already docked at all of our strongholds... we have to buy static ones!

I want to land at my stronghold, hop out of my ship and rock in the front door of my strongholds (all animated). And likewise when I leave. Static ships etc that we can have constantly there is cool for visuals but I'd love to see MY D5 or whatever parked while in a stronghold

Someone on another forum tried to justify it by comparing it to SWG, where you had different housing "sizes". I never played SWG though so I'm inclined to think it's BS.

It's true swg had different housing sizes and thus had a different storage limit. For small/medium houses you could have up to 200 items. For large houses and guild halls you could have up to 400-500 items (depending on style). Then ships that allowed other people on board also had their own item limit. (75 for most, 150 for gunboats if I remember correctly).

• 1 month later...

This was definitely the biggest disappointment/ gripe with the Strongholds. Dromund Kaas is my favorite stronghold for Imperial side toons, as I really wasn't fond of Nar Shaadda at all. I don't want another stronghold, as I'm perfectly content with the way the Dromund Kaas one looks; any other place would feel like a step down. After shelling out a lot of credits for a Fury decoration, it was an utterly monumental letdown not to be able to place it in the Dromund Kaas stronghold.

Give the option to upgrade the balcony's platform to accommodate the starship hook. Either by paying Cartel Coins or credits, so players aren't burdened or forced to look elsewhere to place their Furies, Thunderclaps, Defenders, Mantis, etc. To be fair, starfighters should be able to fit on the ones that aren't upgraded to fit a bigger & heavier ship.

Edited by Willjb

• 3 months later...
Give the option to upgrade the balcony's platform to accommodate the starship hook. Either by paying Cartel Coins or credits, so players aren't burdened or forced to look elsewhere to place their Furies, Thunderclaps, Defenders, Mantis, etc. To be fair, starfighters should be able to fit on the ones that aren't upgraded to fit a bigger & heavier ship.

There is no room for a Starship hook in Dromund Kaas or Coruscant. The largest hook they have is a Centerpiece, which is on the pad on the balcony. The Centerpiece hook is almost exactly the size of the balcony. A Starship hook is equal to 9 Centerpiece Hooks (3x3). A Starship hook would be almost the size of the entire top level of these apartments. There is no way they can add in a Starship hook without it being bizarrely huge and out of place.