Warning: don't use 'Reset Decorations in Room' function

Yaanos

So I've been working on my NS Stronghold for the past few days. I decide to put down a Mentor Processing Core on a medium hook in one of the little side rooms coming off the 2nd floor, but it seems rotating it to -45 degrees causes the hook to bug and and become un-selectable.

No matter, I think to myself... I'll use the 'Reset Decorations in Room' function to pick up everything in the room and start again ... but what's this I see... 'This may include decorations in adjacent rooms.' OK that's fine, don't have much in the next room or even the hallway...

Every item on 2nd floor was picked up.

I'm a reasonable buy BioWare... but that is completely unacceptable and shoddy development! If it doesn't work the way it should, then don't have it at all!!!!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Some players have said here on the forum that one use of the reset decoration will take all decorations in the Yavin stronghold. I have not tried this myself but it can be good to know if someone intends to only remove a few decorations.

Some players have said here on the forum that one use of the reset decoration will take all decorations in the Yavin stronghold. I have not tried this myself but it can be good to know if someone intends to only remove a few decorations.

Yavin IV doesn't have any doors anywhere. So it's basically one big room. A bunch of people have said they did this and lost the placement of everything.

Changing the hook type is a good way to pick up several decorations at once, including moving decorations that bugged out and can't be selected (the Kel Dor Jedi Master is also one of them)

I know, but it's a single medium hook, so I can't do that :(

Changing the hook type is a good way to pick up several decorations at once, including moving decorations that bugged out and can't be selected (the Kel Dor Jedi Master is also one of them)

I know, but it's a single medium hook, so I can't do that :(

Are you sure? Single medium hooks can usually be changed into four small hooks.

Edited by DreamMuse

• 5 months later...
Are you sure? Single medium hooks can usually be changed into four small hooks.

I use that trick a lot. The problem is that if you can't select the hook, you can't pick up the deco or change the arrangement. I'm having the same problem. Underlurker on a single medium tile. Can't even find a tiny edge of the hook to select and get rid of it. So, I'm just sitting here staring at the reset button. I just don't want to loose the three rooms I just finished on the Command Deck of the guildship (I'm working on the center room). Or worse, the entire ship.....

The thing is that the default room which you gain when unlock the stronghold includes the speeder room, the hallway and 2 more rooms. If you use reset decoration in one of this places, will be picked up all the decorations placed in this default room. Doors doesn't change anything, if their unlocked by default, it considered the same room. In nar shadda case, it is the all 2nd floor except for 2 rooms and the room with the stairs.

Also on tatooine and yavin, which the first room is almost the entire stronghold, if you use reset decorations there, it will be picked up all the decorations placed in all the stronghold except for the rooms that needed to be unlocked

Edited by Tibi-Fit

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't take it anymore and pushed the dreaded reset button. And it worked! :eek: It only picked up everything in the room. The three rooms connected to the command deck had closed doors and were not affected. Now, I'm sure the bridge deck will pick up not only the bridge but the elevator room, hall to officer deck, and escape pod area. But, it seems that the closed doors do work on the guildship as a buffer to the reset button.