The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

why the heck would you place a server maintenance in the middle of the day?

Beardedragon

im more curious as to why you would place it during the day. maybe its because your headquarters are located a place where its early in the morning right now, but right now where i am, its in the middle of the day. its 1:15pm where i am, and placing a server maintenance usually occurs during the morning for the least convenience?

like.. start it at 6 or 7 in the morning and no one would be hassled by this. im guessing that it might be around 10:15 where your headquarters are, but even so thats not considered "early". its still rather inconvenient to start a server shutdown there.

i dont think ive seen any other game placing server maintenances so inconveniently during the middle of the day.

Edited by Beardedragon

look Cupcake, its common knowledge when you make an MMO that you dont make server shutdowns during the middle of the day unless its an emergency. for the least inconvenience of the players you always make these things during the morning or as early as possible.

dont tell me that 10 am is as early as possible. no one asks them to start at 3 am in the morning, but around 7 or 8 would be an appropriate time as most people start their working day there, i would assume they would too.

by the way, its 7 or 8 in the morning where THEY are im talking about.

Edited by Beardedragon

by the way, its 7 or 8 in the morning where THEY are im talking about.

Actually they started at 4am their time:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7620173#edit7620173

We have delayed the start of maintenance. Patch 2.9a will now begin at 4AM PDT (11AM GMT) and will be completed within 2 hours. Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

I believe they're based in California so yes, they are doing it in the middle of the night (Well very early morning) for them.

edit: Oh and if you're going to be insulting and rude, at least post your thread in the right subforum.

Edited by dr_mike

1)Wrong forum.

2)Always middle of the day somewhere.

3)Emergency fix is important.

4)Deal with it.

[/i].

+1 Signature.

It might just be me, but i prefer they do hotfixes like this just after a somewhat major uppdate. OFC there will be bumbs on the road, you would be stupid to think otherwise, There are alot they can do in beta but alot they can find in live as not everyone reports EVERY bug they spot in beta instead of lolling around.

1)Wrong forum.

2)Always middle of the day somewhere.

3)Emergency fix is important.

4)Deal with it.

Signed, a british player.

I got a problem with number 3 above me, everything was working just fine for all i could see and then BAM this so called stuppid fix.

It didn't fix anything for me, patch download will get to 90% and just stops working. I tryed uninstalling the game but it won't let me and after about 5 min or so i get a error message saying "unable to download external UI, exiting" and that's it, all i can really do know is trow everything of my computer and reïnstal everything again or just quit playing is also a option

I got a problem with number 3 above me, everything was working just fine for all i could see and then BAM this so called stuppid fix.

It didn't fix anything for me, patch download will get to 90% and just stops working. I tryed uninstalling the game but it won't let me and after about 5 min or so i get a error message saying "unable to download external UI, exiting" and that's it, all i can really do know is trow everything of my computer and reïnstal everything again or just quit playing is also a option

That's bad, I understand.

But this was an emergency fix, and the bug had affected my entire guild. It turns out that the only 2 guilds that are now way out of reach, conquest points wise, on my server, had used exploits to get up there, and now everyone's competing for 3rd place because there's no way to match them.

This patch fixed these exploits. And that's good.

That's bad, I understand.

But this was an emergency fix, and the bug had affected my entire guild. It turns out that the only 2 guilds that are now way out of reach, conquest points wise, on my server, had used exploits to get up there, and now everyone's competing for 3rd place because there's no way to match them.

This patch fixed these exploits. And that's good.

oh well after a whole day trying to fix this, i'm so sick of this crap every time a new patch comes out, stay of they *********** game when it runs ok for all.

But in any case not my problem anymore, game is deleted and i'm thinking of just going back to my old wow account, atleast there i had never problems with there then i have here