Thinking RFL is trash? Think again!

tommmsunb

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought

IMO Yuuko is one of the best scouts who plays (albeit kinda hit and miss since he's obsessed with DOTA2). I also think Drako, Stasie (sp?), Scrab, and Nemarus are all in the same category (there are more like Starmender, but the TOP scout pilots IMO are these dudes).

In regards, to using RFLs and CRUSHING the DPS record (to my knowledge, the second highest is 249.9 and Yuuko got 275 something) the record says more about the circumstances than it does the individual performance (but takes nothing away from the pilots). Like in Econometrics, the increase and decrease of one metric is often associated with a larger group of contributing factors. Since we lack the proper tools to analyze EVERY aspect of GSF, we really can't come up with an algorithm to say "This person is the best in every scenario".

That said, IN THAT MATCH (<-- Keyword), I don't think we can say that RFLs were bad, but suboptimal. Again, can't attribute the results EXCLUSIVELY to ship composition because it's a team game, but I'm still super impressed by these numbers regardless. The math in this thread makes me not want to bother with RFLs when there are LLCs. Against a group of skilled opponents, this type of number wouldn't have happened with RFLS (could you imagine if he had started the match with LLCs) but then again, most of the record thread isn't filled with "Good team vs Good team". I'm impressed with the record, and shows that under the right circumstances RFLs CAN BE EFFECTIVE, even if they aren't THE MOST EFFECTIVE.

Then again, I fly a GS and hate all you scout pilots so my perspective may be off ^.^

Edited by SammyGStatus

How the hell did this thread degenerate this badly this quickly?

Degenerate?

It started out with baseless, outlandish assertions about a worthless component being powerful.

Then it was swarmed by the Mathhole Sociopath Brigade (who are correct, but tactless).

Then the OP tried to defend himself by ad hominem.

The thread was pretty terrible to begin with.

All I did was offer an (admittedly hyperbolic) compliment to the OP's flying skill to try and help him save some face. I would hardly call that the worst this thread has to offer :rolleyes:

But just to see how bad it can get, I submit this to the court:

Dustmaker is actually better than most people give it credit for, because it can use Plasma Railgun AND Thermite Torpedo AND Lingering Effect to get THREE DOTS on a single enemy ship. :cool:

Edited by Nemarus

I did not even respond once the epeen was slapped down on the proverbial bar, puddles of bourbon and all.

Let's all agree this thread should not have happened as the basis was born of, lets say, wishful thinking and leave it at that?

• 3 weeks later...
All I know is when I'm not using BLC's I use LLCs, I maxed each type on my Sting and I'll take the LLCs over the quads nowadays hands down.

lol... quad and LLC are far from the same... LLC are basicly a small firing arc BLC with a very high RoF. LLC have the same effective range (under 2.5km) as BLC with a small effective firing arc (about the ones of rocket pods at 2.5km and the whole arc at 0.5km). Quad have 5km effective range for a slightly lower DPS than LLC (about 150 at 0.5km) and a smaller effective firing arc (never bigger than rocket pods arc). Quad is used for range, as is LC, while LLC is used to replace BLC when you don't have it. Using LLC on your Sting is far from good. Better than RFL, but not good.

Fully upgraded RFL + maxed out frequency capacitor is kinda fun on my Alt's Blackbolt. Subtle as a chainsaw, but fun.

Pew.

Pew, pew.

Pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew,pew...

pew pew???

It's the noise I make most often while blowing up unsuspecting targets in GSF.

Using RFL and said upgrade means I have to say it a lot faster than when using LLC. :D

Edited by FBPL
Quote didn't work.