Companion interaction question

aeterno

This has happened to me on a couple of occasions now...

I'm out in the galaxy, doing my thing, and the little notice of "X wants to talk with you on the ship" pops up. As I understand it it's when you reach certain affection stages.

I vendor some stuff, finish a quest chain or two and eventually get back to the ship, where, loe and behold, the companion has nothing to tell me.

What's the deal?

Is that prompt a false flag?

Am I supposed to drop everything and run to the ship to talk to them else I miss the window of opportunity to do so? If so, will that window ever open up again?

hey dude... i have the same problem.. annoying me so much..

I have 10000 affection with Mako, and as soon as i finished act 1 i did like 10 quests with her... but i know that they arent finished yet... cause i didnt get to the answer.. and now i keep getting that randomly and then disappearing when i fly somewhere closer to a cantina or my ship...

would love an answer about this also

There's a lot of problems with the pet dialogue not working properly

I haven't had it myself, because I was forced to use only one pet the entire game, as each class only recieves one viable pet; but apparently other people who grinded affection points had something similar to your issue happen

What's happening is this, you only have a limited number of dialogues with each of your companions per chapter. If your affection goes high enough, you start seeing the notifications for your next conversations, but you can't access them until you make it to a further chapter.

I had Vette at about 9500 affection before I even ended chapter 1. As soon as I finished chapter 1 I got about 7 dialogue options for her. The same thing happened again when I finished chapter 2. Just proceed through your story quests, and then the dialogue options will show up again.

Hope this helped!

I have the same issue with Jorgan, I am lvl 27 and affection is over 4000 and he has spoken to me twice (once to give a mission), but the icon keeps popping up that he wants to speak to me and if I move to a Cantina or to my ship - nada.

It may well be that these conversations are stacking up and I will get them at some point, but it seems to me that it is a real flaw to indicate a need to converse when there is no ready dialogue. It is as much a part of your storyline progression as anything else.

So either they need to make it clear that the conversation is queued up for 'X' point in the story, or not show the dang icon until it is actually available. A bit frustrating for me anyhow. :mad:

What's happening is this, you only have a limited number of dialogues with each of your companions per chapter. If your affection goes high enough, you start seeing the notifications for your next conversations, but you can't access them until you make it to a further chapter.

I had Vette at about 9500 affection before I even ended chapter 1. As soon as I finished chapter 1 I got about 7 dialogue options for her. The same thing happened again when I finished chapter 2. Just proceed through your story quests, and then the dialogue options will show up again.

Hope this helped!

That makes a lot of sense actually heh, cheers. =]