Seriously...?

Darth_Wicked

Another seriously moment.

• The Jedi Knight Mission “Doomsday” has had its difficulty reduced.
  • The Jedi Consular Mission “Chaos and Harmony” has had its difficulty reduced.
  • The Trooper Mission “The Battle of Corellia” has had its difficulty reduced.

Really? There was no need to nerf the difficulty of any of these missions. They are class missions, they are already easy by default.

I agree here. I just did the Consular "Chaos and Harmony" a couple days ago and didn't find it all that difficult. I did it in one attempt at level 47 as a balance assassin. I was still wearing level 41 gear, and used Qyzen with roughly the same gear except for his sword and offhand which were the default that he came with at like level 10.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So by that logic would you be on-board with an instantly-level-to-55 option being added to the game?

I know I wasn't asked this but my take on it is that why not? Put some restrictions on it like legacy 50.

People's biggest complaint would likely be people don't know how to play their classes but learning to play the class isn't rocket science.

I personally think this is fantastic news. I don't know if they still have the reduced mob density, but even if they do not the boost to 156 should compensate.

My guess is that this is an internal numbers move. They may have seen that folks are not doing Makeb dailies as often as other dailies, and also that perhaps many folks have not even finished Makeb. I suspect the latter is more likely...I hear that all the time. So they decided to make the adjustments.

Now, its a shame that they did the gear boosting thing, as that kind of forces "easy" on folks that may not like it. I think instead the buff should have been much stronger, but no boost. This way folks that like Makeb the way it is would be unaffected, since you can simply choose not to use the buff.

To my understanding, you have to click on a terminal to get the buff in the orbital station. It is not forced on you.

Oh, wait...if I am not mistaken the gear bolstering is part of the buff. That will work.

The reason people dont do Makeb dailies is not cause of gear. Imo, its strictly time vs reward. The time it takes to complete them, isn't worth the reward.

The reason people dont do Makeb dailies is not cause of gear. Imo, its strictly time vs reward. The time it takes to complete them, isn't worth the reward.

Makeb is one of the worse place for making credits. Daily on Ilum is worth 10k versus 8k for Makeb. Ilum takes less time.

Makeb is one of the worse place for making credits. Daily on Ilum is worth 10k versus 8k for Makeb. Ilum takes less time.

I became a huge fan of the Staged Weekly to be honest but then again, I do so because I enjoy it, not so much because of the credits.

It's a shame since some of the heroics are pretty fun.

So by that logic would you be on-board with an instantly-level-to-55 option being added to the game?

Sure and they can give you max gear. No difference. I don't see that being a good thing. If they do something like that oh well. Just not a good idea to me.

The threads I miss when I go out to shop.

I don't see this as silly.

My question is why you're asking it now, when it's been known about for a while?

I'm fairly sure this was NOT known "for a while"...

• When combat is detected, a Medical Probe will be deployed to administer long-lasting, refreshing Kolto, healing you for 2% every 3 seconds while you remain in combat.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I agree with you. If they had more level 9 mats I would go but that is because I use them for crafting for my chrs. I do Ilum for credits since it is so much quicker. CZ 198 for mats.

what I don't like is how several class missions had difficulty reduced, I played through some of those that were reduced and they were easy, harder than regular missions but not by a lot as long as you knew what you were doing ( mainly to interrupt casts...) so yeah I am not sure about that

I agree here. I just did the Consular "Chaos and Harmony" a couple days ago and didn't find it all that difficult. I did it in one attempt at level 47 as a balance assassin. I was still wearing level 41 gear, and used Qyzen with roughly the same gear except for his sword and offhand which were the default that he came with at like level 10.

I would the one that gave me any trouble was the jedi knight end and that was because my T7 still had the same gear when he was level 10 and I didn't realize I was suppose to interrupt the emperor's blast.

Uh it was, I've known about it from the pts and the first thread that popped up about Makeb being nerfed.

I honestly don't remember quite honestly. Do remember the reduced mob density and the 156 AR but that's pretty much it.

Even so, it doesn't change the sentiment. :o

I would the one that gave me any trouble was the jedi knight end and that was because my T7 still had the same gear when he was level 10 and I didn't realize I was suppose to interrupt the emperor's blast.

There's a mini-quest of sorts preceding that battle that involves getting 116 AR gear for T7.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I became a huge fan of the Staged Weekly to be honest but then again, I do so because I enjoy it, not so much because of the credits.

It's a shame since some of the heroics are pretty fun.

Staged Weekly is one of the best things about Makeb. I wish there was more staged weekly. The only reason I don't run it is because of the horrible instance part that is nothing but mob after mob. That only purpose is to make it take longer. (Imp middle part) If I could do the Imp stages and Rep middle quest I would do it on all my characters ever week. I don't care to much for the Rep stages.

I honestly don't remember quite honestly. Do remember the reduced mob density and the 156 AR but that's pretty much it.

There's a mini-quest of sorts preceding that battle that involves getting 116 AR gear for T7.

I guess I missed that. Would have been nice.

I guess I missed that. Would have been nice.

If you ever replay that class story... ;)

It's inside the Dark Temple. You need to reconfigure the main columns in the first floor in order to match the Empire's symbol.

Staged Weekly is one of the best things about Makeb. I wish there was more staged weekly. The only reason I don't run it is because of the horrible instance part that is nothing but mob after mob. That only purpose is to make it take longer. (Imp middle part) If I could do the Imp stages and Rep middle quest I would do it on all my characters ever week. I don't care to much for the Rep stages.

I expect every single new planet to have one of these. Hopefully. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If you ever replay that class story... ;)

It's inside the Dark Temple. You need to reconfigure the main columns in the first floor in order to match the Empire's symbol.

Which, let me tell you, is a whole ton of fun to complete when your video card isn't displaying the symbol properly [/sarcasm]

Trial and Error FTW! :p

I don't remember the bolster but people were talking about the optional heal and reduced mob density.

I'm not one to make this kind of threads but honestly, this is probably a bit too silly IMHO...

You need to look at what they are doing big picture. This is going to give everyone 3-4 months of a free boost at lvl 50 to get all their toons to 55 before the large scale expansion launches and kicks the level cap up to 65.