Seriously...?

Darth_Wicked

I'm not one to make this kind of threads but honestly, this is probably a bit too silly IMHO...

The GSI Satellite Support Service is now in open beta testing on Makeb. Once registered with the GSI support satellites, GSI will track your every move and provide you with the following support services:

• Gear is now bolstered to a 156 rating while on Makeb, increasing all stats!

• When combat is detected, a Medical Probe will be deployed to administer long-lasting, refreshing Kolto, healing you for 2% every 3 seconds while you remain in combat.

• There is now a 250% boost to exploration Experience while on Makeb.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one to make this kind of threads but honestly, this is probably a bit too silly IMHO...

I personally think this is fantastic news. I don't know if they still have the reduced mob density, but even if they do not the boost to 156 should compensate.

My guess is that this is an internal numbers move. They may have seen that folks are not doing Makeb dailies as often as other dailies, and also that perhaps many folks have not even finished Makeb. I suspect the latter is more likely...I hear that all the time. So they decided to make the adjustments.

Now, its a shame that they did the gear boosting thing, as that kind of forces "easy" on folks that may not like it. I think instead the buff should have been much stronger, but no boost. This way folks that like Makeb the way it is would be unaffected, since you can simply choose not to use the buff.

To my understanding, you have to click on a terminal to get the buff in the orbital station. It is not forced on you.

Oh, wait...if I am not mistaken the gear bolstering is part of the buff. That will work.

Edited by LordArtemis

I personally think this is fantastic news. I don't know if they still have the reduced mob density, but even if they do not the boost to 156 should compensate.

My guess is that this is an internal numbers move. They may have seen that folks are not doing Makeb dailies as often as other dailies, and also that perhaps many folks have not even finished Makeb. I suspect the latter is more likely...I hear that all the time. So they decided to make the adjustments.

Now, its a shame that they did the gear boosting thing, as that kind of forces "easy" on folks that may not like it. I think instead the buff should have been much stronger, but no boost. This way folks that like Makeb the way it is would be unaffected, since you can simply choose not to use the buff.

To my understanding, you have to click on a terminal to get the buff in the orbital station. It is not forced on you.

Oh, wait...if I am not mistaken the gear bolstering is part of the buff. That will work.

I'm gonna go kill stuff on Makeb at level 10 for giant experience points :D

I'm gonna go kill stuff on Makeb at level 10 for giant experience points :D

Hmmmm... I'm not sure that's the way it works.

Only your gear is bolstered to 156 AR, NOT your character level. If you're a LV10, you won't be doing them any damage and they'll just deflect every singe attack of yours.

Unless you were being sarcastic and I missed it. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Ah, they did implement the reduced density of mobs and reducing the group scaling for certain content.....

• The density of enemies on Makeb has been reduced.

• Group scaling has been removed from the following Missions, and the difficulty of the boss encounter no longer scales based on the number of players in the group:

-Stealing Thunder (Imperial)
    -Revenge of the Archon (Imperial)
    -Hitting the Hutts (Republic)
    -Taking on Toborro (Republic)
Edited by LordArtemis

Not only that but they have scaled down some of the makeb missions when in a group. Mind you some of those missions where a little tough to the point we had to start some of them solo and then invite from within the green door/s. Also the mob density has been lowered. It might be all good though , we shall see. I might take up the weeklies again on Makeb though , i used to love doing the republic one.

EDIT - The Lord beat me too it above , only just though.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

I read through those patch notes, and you left out the part where it says...

The GSI Satellite Support Service is now in open beta testing on Makeb. Once registered with the GSI support satellites, GSI will track your every move and provide you with the following support services:

Some I'm wondering...does this mean this boosting and medical probe healing is optional?

Because that would be great.

Edited by VitalityPrime

Some I'm wondering...does this mean this boosting and medical probe healing is optional?

It is on PTS. You walk up the terminal on the orbital station and click on it to apply the buff. Otherwise you don't have it.

I tell you what though that consular mission on Quesh could do with nerfing , that one wasn't very pleasant. I wonder if the consular one they have nerfed is the final mission on Corllia , phew what a rough mission.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Already fixed it. It was NOT intentional. ;)

Why is it bad?

I said "silly", not "bad". The latter has a more negative connotation attached to it.

Wow, is makeb really that difficult for folks?

My point exactly.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I tell you what though that consular mission on Quesh could do with nerfing , that one wasn't very pleasant. I wonder if the consular one they have nerfed is the final mission on Corllia , phew what a rough mission.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

The missions that were nerfed for the Jedi Knight, Jedi Consular and Trooper are indeed the final missions for each class.

EDIT:

The one for the JK being more nerfed than what already was in the past is just... Seriously... :rolleyes:

You're fighting the freakin' Voice of the Emperor. It's supposed to be hard. This is the third nerf or so since Vanilla(!!!).

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I would guess yes if they made the change. Funny how it works like that sometimes. Again, that is speculating that they looked at some kind of internal numbers and discovered that Makeb WAS being underutilized and was incomplete for a substantial amount of folks.

I know I didn't finish Makeb on my very first toon until just recently, and I was already in 156 gear at level 55 at that point...just decided one day to give it a whirl.

After that I started doing a FEW of the dailies on Makeb occasionally. CZ was better, quicker IMO.

As I suggested in another thread (not about this topic):

Lower mob density = good.

Mandatory buff/boost/bolster = bad (glad they didn't go that route)

Optional buff/boost/bolster = mmm ... okay.

There's a difference however.

I would have no issue taking the 156 AR buff once my latest Shadow gets there but with the NOT so optional healing, I'll just ignore it altogether. Too much pandering IMHO.

350 to 400 points of healing per GCD ... not much need to stop and heal while doing the Weekly and GSI missions. But I am going to miss the high mob density.

That said, as my wife and I are mainly doing dailies/weeklies for the Basics to buy Isotope-5, we will still do Oricon and CZ before Makeb, since Oricon and CZ pay 2 Basics per mission rather than 1, and are wicked quick with two 180 geared DPS and two 168/180 geared companions.

Edited by BuriDogshin

AAAK. The dreaded rolleyes emote.

At any rate, I think it was a wise move to make it optional. I wouldn't mind seeing them do something like this for Corellia as well.

Now, if we just see a new improved and much LARGER XP buff item we can use....Id be a happy camper.