Being a Sub

Patroller

I have been playing this game for over 2 years, and I am still a sub. I like the added benefits, but over the past few months, I have noticed that it is almost not worth subscribing because I get very few perks that I actually care about. I have a friend who is preferred-status and I get very few things that he doesn't.

Then, they give subs early access to some expansion, but I really don't feel that is a good benefit. A good to great benefit would be reducing the amount of comms you have to spend on Elder's Game Gear or providing us subs with 30% experience boosts. I feel there is a lot ways I am being ripped off. Does anyone else share these thoughts?

Edited by Patroller

I am a Subscriber from the beginning, perks are nice but I don't need them. If I enjoy something I don't mind paying for it. If I could buy a yearly subscription I would, like I have in some of the other online games that I have played. So no I don't feel the same way you do about being a subscriber.

The only thing I care about is this. The forum access. Everything other is kinda meh.

And yes, sub benefits in Tor are laughable. The only thing different about us and prefereds(that can not be bought):

-> Crafting RE rate

-> Chat limitation

-> Forum access

Those 3 are NOT worth 15$. But giving support to Bioware: hell yes! Pity that I can do it with coins(and I would if I could still post here) as well.

Edited by Cuiwe

The only thing I care about is this. The forum access. Everything other is kinda meh.

And yes, sub benefits in Tor are laughable. The only thing different about us and prefereds(that can not be bought):

-> Crafting RE rate

-> Chat limitation

-> Forum access

Those 3 are NOT worth 15$. But giving support to Bioware: hell yes! Pity that I can do it with coins(and I would if I could still post here) as well.

You forgot the credit cap.

Sure you can get over it a bit with escrows, but you'll be spending a significant number of credits each time you want to build up to a large sum to buy something nice on the GTN, or from other things that go above the 420k (or something like that) limit.

What???...

I came back the other week from a break that lasted like 6 months. I tried playing as Preferred, and it's just god awful.

There are so many restrictions. So much so, that I had to subscribe BOTH of my accounts.

I know preferred players with most of the unlocks are quite capable of having a good time, but I just don't think I could.

I like accumulating credits via GTN and crafting and buying the cosmetic items: bought Tulak Hord/Rancor/Meditation chamber yesterday; I like early access - I never ever tried Galactic Starfighter, but I am looking forward to Galactic Strongholds. Also, 15$ a month is just one more lunch - I don't think it's that much for a month of great time.

I started out as F2P, then after a few months, went to a sub, and after 4-5 months went back to Preferred, and then after 6 months am now a sub again for these 2 months. There are a lot of differences.

You really have to grind Flashpoints and Warzones to keep up the levels of your class quest.

You can't transfer money between toons, only items. IIRC, you can only attach 2-4 items, but I could be wrong.

You can't wear purple gear. Sure, there is an unlock for that, but I have 8, 55 toons, so I would have to spend a lot of CC's just for that.

I never had more than $200-$300k at a time, so I never hit the credit cap.

You have a limit to the number of FPs and WZs you can hit each week.

I never tried the OPS, but I'm sure there is a cap there as well. No point in trying it without the purple gear.

No Rested XP bonus

Can only craft one thing at a time (except queueing up 5 things). Also, can only have 3 comps doing stuff at a time (instead of the 5).

When you die, you only get 5 probes to revive you where you are, and when you are out, you have to buy more via CC's or go back to the med center. Really sucks when you are deep inside a base and wipe because you accidentally aggro a mob, or lag, or are under leveled (because of being F2P and always behind) and barely get beat.

There is a plethora of other things that I'm sure I'm forgetting. When double-XP weekends happened, it helped me to catch back up and even get ahead on some of my toons. I was racking in the PC's because of all of the FPs I was doing, but it just got tiresome.

Oh, you can only have 6 characters active at a time.

Sure, some of these things can be unlocked via the Cartel Market, but if you are spending real money anyways, then why not just subscribe? It really just depends on whether you are going to be playing it a lot? And as an adult, $15 a month just isn't that much, as long as the content is great. That's 2 trips to chipotle.

I have been playing this game for over 2 years, and I am still a sub. I like the added benefits, but over the past few months, I have noticed that it is almost not worth subscribing because I get very few perks that I actually care about. I have a friend who is preferred-status and I get very few things that he doesn't.

Then, they give subs early access to some expansion, but I really don't feel that is a good benefit. A good to great benefit would be reducing the amount of comms you have to spend on Elder's Game Gear or providing us subs with 30% experience boosts. I feel there is a lot ways I am being ripped off. Does anyone else share these thoughts?

Why did you post this in New Player Help?