The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Atris' Armor Set (Needs Improvement)

Hallo,

I've logged into the PTS (Public Test Server) for Game Update 2.10 and was checking out the new items that have been added into the Collection for the Upcoming new Cartel Packs and saw that the Development Team is adding/implanting Atris' Armor Set into the new Cartel Packs and would like to suggest an improvement because at the moment Atris' Armor Set does look pretty good but the details on the Armor Set is not very noticeable on her clothing that were present in Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, i will provide a Screenshot comparison of her In-game Armor set for both SWTOR and KOTOR II.

Screenshot:

http://i62.tinypic.com/33ndmko.jpg

Edited by Kevinisravan

No, subtle patterns look much better. Please keep it the way it is. Zoom in and you'll see that the patterns are there but they're not as "invasive" as in the original - meaning it will appeal to more players looking for more generic look.

If you're going to change the patterns, then please remove the sack from Jolee's chest piece...

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

No, subtle patterns look much better. Please keep it the way it is.

What looks better and what is accurate to the source material is not the same thing.

I agree with the OP. They should change it to be accurate to Atris' robes in KOTOR 2... but I doubt it'll happen.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

What looks better and what is accurate to the source material is not the same thing.

I agree with the OP. They should change it to be accurate to Atris' robes in KOTOR 2... but I doubt it'll happen.

Almost none of cartel market armor sets are not accurate with the source material. Please, compare travesty http://swtorista.com/uploads/outfitimages/jolee_bindo_01_854x480913.jpg http://swtorista.com/uploads/outfitimages/jolee_bindo_854x4804314.jpg With this http://i.imgur.com/jCOGsFM.jpg

You agree with the op for the sake of source accuracy but think of the people looking for generic Jedi robes which are barely present in the game.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Exactly, this is called the Atris' Armor Set so it really should reflect what it lookt like in the previous Games. If People really want this Armor Set without the pattern then please open a new thread demanding one without the pattern and let them call it "Jedi Armor Set 1" but don't ask BioWare to release something that's called Atris' Armor Set but lacks the detail of it.

Then ask them to "fix" other lore sets alongside.

And the detail is there. Either invest in glasses or new pc to play with high resolution and texture detail.

Knowing from previous experiences, they'll probably make it look worse than the original you want.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Trust me, i want most of the lore items corrected. Specially the Revan Armor Set that's missing the cape.

Ohmygod, nopleasenojustno. It costs a fortune AND you want to make it ugly? Nooo. No. :)

RE: Atris set. Never played KOTOR2(beginning was too boring), but the screenshot looks awesome. Please, don't add visible details - it would look just as bad as that casual combatant suit. Nice grey generic robes look just perfect.

Edited by Kulyok

Ohmygod, nopleasenojustno. It costs a fortune AND you want to make it ugly? Nooo. No. :)

Only the mask, belt and gloves cost a "fortune".

But yeah, considering most capes look beyond horrible in this game, I'd be careful with what you wish for.

Only the mask, belt and gloves cost a "fortune".

The mask was ~8 mil, belt and gloves cost ~21 mil on TRE(before the recent Shipment 1 flood), so, yeah, quite a fortune for the poor little me. (Can't find which pack these are from, btw - I heard Space Pirate, but the Dulfy doesn't list these two at all).

I agree with the OP too.

It's the details that count.

Make these lore outfits look accurate.

Stop giving us the knockoff version.

Happy to see another person that understands where im coming from, it's really sad to see alot of these People on the forums that just wanna see an unfinished lore item getting released instead of just asking if they can have that outfit and have it called something else and leave the lore item to be workt on to really resemble what it should look like.

Edited by Kevinisravan

No. I'd rather keep them as they are. Lore sets are never 100% excact copies. The patterns are visible enough and it's not our fault that you can't play in higher resolution textures.

There are so little simple Jedi robes in this game that I'd rather have this set the way it is. The patterns are there. They're visible and very detailed. They are in line with Atris concept art. No need to ruin this set for a lot of players who longed to wear some simple Jedi robes for almost 3 years. Pozdro A.

No. I'd rather keep them as they are. Lore sets are never 100% excact copies. The patterns are visible enough and it's not our fault that you can't play in higher resolution textures.

There are so little simple Jedi robes in this game that I'd rather have this set the way it is. The patterns are there. They're visible and very detailed. They are in line with Atris concept art. No need to ruin this set for a lot of players who longed to wear some simple Jedi robes for almost 3 years. Pozdro A.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2617/4051587427_a4d321e7d0.jpg Seems op wants them to turn this set into such monstrosity. Leave it as it is because it can only get worse, knowing from experience.

Don't know what you are talking about but i was playing the Game in 1920x1080p on Max Settings and the patterns are just not very noticable, i get that you guys want just some regular plain Jedi Outfits and im all for it too but not at the cost of a lore item. Just go out and ask the Cartel Market Team to release a set without the patterns instead of being a bunch of low lives that enjoys seeing unfinished content getting released. Honestly, i would consider People like you to be the reason why alot of this unfinished content even gets released and left to be unfinished.

Also, i don't get why you guys just can't bother starting a new thread asking for a similar set without the patterns instead of wanting to kill the lore item.

Edited by Kevinisravan

I agree with the OP too.

It's the details that count.

Make these lore outfits look accurate.

Stop giving us the knockoff version.

It seems to me as though the lore outfits should be made more accurate, and then non-lore versions of the same model without the textures could be released. Previews of upcoming market items show a new set with the model of the of the Handmaiden's set that doesn't have to be lore-accurate; that could be done with this as well.

It seems to me as though the lore outfits should be made more accurate, and then non-lore versions of the same model without the textures could be released. Previews of upcoming market items show a new set with the model of the of the Handmaiden's set that doesn't have to be lore-accurate; that could be done with this as well.

I don't want to wait for another 2 years. Patterns are tehre and there are visible. Remember that everything looks worse and less detailed in preview window. Please complain once it is released and u can wear it.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Just because you like this version doesn't justify BW giving us poor imitations of lore gear.

If BW is incapable of recreating accurate and authentic looking versions of lore outfits then they shouldn't be named lore outfits. BW should name them something else.

Edited by Unchosen

Just because you like this version doesn't justify BW giving us poor imitations of lore gear.

If BW is incapable of recreating accurate and authentic looking versions of lore outfits then they shouldn't be named lore outfits. BW should name them something else.

My thoughts exactly.