more stupid noob questions (mounts and cartel rep vendors)

duffy

Ok so a couple of questions.

first ummm how do you dismount without right clicking in the buff area? Am I missing an easy way to dismount?

Ok in an effort to get the darth training statue I was going to get the contraband pack from the cartel market? HOw does it work with the vendors?

I get the rep I get the cartel certificates I go and buy the statue.

Does that put it in my collections so I can unlock on all my characters (with coins of course) or is it just that one character?

Same way with the armor on the ice vendor. I have the rep I need to get all expect the chest (the loki looking armor)

If I buy all but the chest piece from the rep vendor and then get the chest from the gtn does it unlock the whole outfit?

Thank you

I always open the skill page by pressing P and put the mount I want to ride on my bar. Then I just click it to ride it and click again to dismount.

As for your other question, you get the items unlocked once you buy them and wear or use them. Also, if it is a full set then you need to purchase the full set and use / wear them to unlock it in your collections. However, once unlocked you can get multiples of that item bound to you for free. In addition, it will cost cartel coins to unlock for your other toons on your account but it should still be cheaper.

About dismounting what i usually do is find an ability that forces me to dismount (this depends on class obviously) i.e. force wave for consulars. Obviously you have to be careful to not hit anything you don't want to. Now if you are a sub then yes, just put the ability on one of your quickbars and keybind it

thanks. I umm got a few of the really cheap mounts and put them on a quick bar. I always forget which one I have out at the time and just right click the icon instead of searching. or yes I will force leap

thanks for the answers!

All the mounts have the same speed, so you only need one, really. I'd only put one on the bar, conserve space. If you want to show how many you have, just open your Abilities window (P) and click them on and off from there.

Yes the Darth statue can be unlocked (you pay a cartel coins fee) for the account. It sits in your inventory and you drag it to your bar to be able to activate it quickly.

About dismounting what i usually do is find an ability that forces me to dismount (this depends on class obviously) i.e. force wave for consulars. Obviously you have to be careful to not hit anything you don't want to. Now if you are a sub then yes, just put the ability on one of your quickbars and keybind it
A better option to force dismount is just hit your class self-buff. No danger of hitting anything with that.

If you want to buy any of the cartel items, like a statue or something else, I would recommend you to NOT open any packs and do not collect reputation things. Instead, just save some credits and buy the thing directly from GTN, that'll be cheaper. You can buy the packs and sell them unopened, if you like.

With speeders, I usually try to leave only one or two on my quick-panel. Btw, I would really recommend you a speeder like Sienar(now discounted on Cartel Market), Incendia or Sky Cruiser - those speeders have _exceptional_ protection from being knocked off, which is better than the "standard" excellent protection.

I umm got a few of the really cheap mounts and put them on a quick bar. I always forget which one I have out at the time and just right click the icon instead of searching.

If the mount is on a quickbar, the one you're on at the moment has a small blue bar underneath it, just like stances (if you're playing a class that uses stances, like the Jedi Shadow & any of the Jedi Knight ACs) & Sprint.

If the mount is on a quickbar, the one you're on at the moment has a small blue bar underneath it, just like stances (if you're playing a class that uses stances, like the Jedi Shadow & any of the Jedi Knight ACs) & Sprint.

thanks! that does help!

and thank you all for the insight. I just like having the different mounts and I am only level 31 so I am not full with other stuff.