Guild Ship Twitch Stream.

Infernixx

In all fairness to PvErs, they chose a PvE Server for a reason. There is no reason whatsoever that areas on those servers where the Commanders are located should be contested open PvP zones for them.

If participants in the Guild Conquest content want to participate in OPvP, then they should have to do so on a PvP server. It's a really stupid move by BW if that is indeed the case.

I disagree with this. I believe OWPvP should be allowed on all servers. There should be things in both pve and pvp servers to encourage open world pvp

I disagree with this. I believe OWPvP should be allowed on all servers. There should be things in both pve and pvp servers to encourage open world pvp

The only problem? PvP gear is insanely OP in OW compared to everything else except for itself. If PvE players don't like/play PvP, then they have ZERO chance stopping PvP guilds from ganking them.

Flood of tears will ensue.....

I can 'see' why they did this. Most PVP guilds aren't going to be swimming in credits.

That said, it'd be nice if Frameworks could drop off, say, HM Op bosses. Hell, even the last boss in SM.

200 Dark Projects is a lot of crafting. That's all I'm saying

The only problem? PvP gear is insanely OP in OW compared to everything else except for itself. If PvE players don't like/play PvP, then they have ZERO chance stopping PvP guilds from ganking them.

Which is why there is a crafting option available.

I can 'see' why they did this. Most PVP guilds aren't going to be swimming in credits.

That said, it'd be nice if Frameworks could drop off, say, HM Op bosses. Hell, even the last boss in SM.

If i am correct, don't the matts for the dark projects drop from bosses

You also get the frameworks by placing in the top ten of a conquest, per player(50 frameworks to make a room unlock) who hit their minimum conquest requirement(which looks pretty easy).

Hitting top ten might be on the difficult side though.

I believe so. Lots of old 50 raids ahead.

Don't forget all of the crafting mats needed to make the War Supplies: Invasion Force.

The crafting market will either make a lot of people very rich or be flooded with goods and make crafting capital ship upgrades very cheap.

Edited by Lord_of_Mu

Or, a lack of interest. Or both. My perspective: I only PVE; I'm on a PVE server. I'm not against PvP, I'm just not interested in it at this time. Because of the potential (likely) PvP aspect of a guild invading a base, players who aren't interested in PvP on PVE servers might treat those areas like they treat the Outlaw's Den. They just won't go there.

The crafting option allows for getting upgrades to a Guild Stronghold Spaceship. That's good.

One way or another, the guilds that will get the most from having a ship are the ones where the guildies work together.

Or, a lack of interest. Or both. My perspective: I only PVE; I'm on a PVE server. I'm not against PvP, I'm just not interested in it at this time. Because of the potential (likely) PvP aspect of a guild invading a base, players who aren't interested in PvP on PVE servers might treat those areas like they treat the Outlaw's Den. They just won't go there.

The crafting option allows for getting upgrades to a Guild Stronghold Spaceship. That's good.

One way or another, the guilds that will get the most from having a ship are the ones where the guildies work together.

Which isn't this what we want in the game? Having people who want to get together and do content? So I don't see this as a bad thing, especially since its boosting in 2 key aspect of the game that desperately need assistance (OWPvP and crafting)

For all those who complain about the PvP, there is the crafting option. For those who don't PvP or craft, you have guildies who DO, hopefully; that's why this is a GUILD function: you have a group of players who work together to accomplish a challenge. For those with none of the above, this feature is not for you so please don't complain. Edited by LordLongus

Which isn't this what we want in the game? Having people who want to get together and do content? So I don't see this as a bad thing, especially since its boosting in 2 key aspect of the game that desperately need assistance (OWPvP and crafting)

I agree about the boost to crafting, and guildies working together, and stated that in my response. I do some crafting, and I'm thrilled about the crafting aspect of Strongholds.

With OWPvP, I don't see it as a bad thing. I see it as something that just doesn't have an appeal to a number (I have no idea how many) of PVE players. I don't think PvP is better, or worse, than PVE. They're different parts of the game, available for play. There are players who choose a PVE server because they do not want to participate in OWPvP.

All I see is options. As a guild you can choose multiple ways of getting your frameworks for focus on just one way. Either way it is open and up to the guild.

Either way, those who's epeen requires them to have everything naaaooo, will have to work for it, which is fine.

50 mil gets us in the door, then, how you pursue the unlocks is up to the guild.

I agree about the boost to crafting, and guildies working together, and stated that in my response. I do some crafting, and I'm thrilled about the crafting aspect of Strongholds.

With OWPvP, I don't see it as a bad thing. I see it as something that just doesn't have an appeal to a number (I have no idea how many) of PVE players. I don't think PvP is better, or worse, than PVE. They're different parts of the game, available for play. There are players who choose a PVE server because they do not want to participate in OWPvP.

I understand that but I am also saying is that there are people on PvE servers who like to have the option to choose to engage in OWPvP this is what that allows. And might I add this is FACTION v FACTION OWPvP. It's actually bringing the Wars back into Star Wars

Unless BioWare bolsters the areas the Conquest Commanders are in. :)

They clearly have this capability, as demonstrated by the Bolsterizers on the fleet.

Right now, feeling a little daunted. I'll admit it.

The credits, we've got already. The grinding for the Frameworks, that's going to eat up a 'lot' of time.

That said, I'm going to withhold final judgement until I see how the Conquest Events feel on live and how they deal with the reality that larger guilds are going to dominate the leaderboards.

I would hate to see a scenario where small guilds never stand a chance of hitting the leaderboard.

The credits, we've got already. The grinding for the Frameworks, that's going to eat up a 'lot' of time.

That said, I'm going to withhold final judgement until I see how the Conquest Events feel on live and how they deal with the reality that larger guilds are going to dominate the leaderboards.

I would hate to see a scenario where small guilds never stand a chance of hitting the leaderboard.

Haven't seen the stream yet, but my understanding is that the opportunities for smalled guilds will come into play from there being multiple planets during each cycle. Yeah, a small guild might not have a realistic shot at whichever planet all the "big dogs" are going after, but if you put in the effort and coordination there will be other worlds to Conquer.

Haven't seen the stream yet, but my understanding is that the opportunities for smalled guilds will come into play from there being multiple planets during each cycle. Yeah, a small guild might not have a realistic shot at whichever planet all the "big dogs" are going after, but if you put in the effort and coordination there will be other worlds to Conquer.

Up until those "Big Dogs" decide to coordinate and rotate what planets they will conquer this week.

Up until those "Big Dogs" decide to coordinate and rotate what planets they will conquer this week.

The planets rotate depending on the Name of the Conquest. So one Week Voss, Alderaan and Makeb maybe available the next week Nar Shadaa, Tatooine and Quesh maybe the planets available or all 15 planets. And each planet gets a separate bonus (PvE, PvP, Crafting) so each planet will have different types of guilds focusing on them

Edited by MisterBlackJack

i was really excited for the planet conquests

now, finding out there's a bonus for having a stronghold...really disappointing and annoying. i had no intention of ever participating in the stupid barbie dreamhouse content but now apparently i have to throw a bunch of junk in there against my will to get a bonus.

why on earth does housing have any impact on planet conquests? no sense at all

In all fairness to PvErs, they chose a PvE Server for a reason. There is no reason whatsoever that areas on those servers where the Commanders are located should be contested open PvP zones for them.

If participants in the Guild Conquest content want to participate in OPvP, then they should have to do so on a PvP server. It's a really stupid move by BW if that is indeed the case.

No it's not since the commanders are not instanced. Therefore, it will be a competition between guilds on who can down them first. PVE'rs need to put on their big boy pants for once.

It is daunting, but I think it should be.

The unlocks, the work involved, is going to take time and organization. Those that want everything naaahooo are going to have to wait. Sure there will be a few guilds who will get everything first. There will be those who can afford to dedicate all there time and I mean all their time on the Capital Ships. But being first isn't the game here.

I doubt my guild will be the first to conquest a planet, our goal will be to get our ship unlocks and looking the way it should and have fun along the way. That will be good enough to start with, and there will be plenty of participation.