New Scoreboard Statistic: Duration CC'ed

Warlord_Maliken

i would like to see it, though i would lean towards % of time played stunned

i play a sorc healer. i know i probably shouldn't be able to pvp at all since i'm healer and not an op, but it is what it is.

being a healer, i've been on the wrong end of focus target a few times. it's not all that common, but there are definitely games where i've spent as much time cc'ed as i've spent alive. my resolve bar can go from all white to nothing a lot faster than my stun breaker and force barrier come off cool down. depending on the warzone and how much time i spend in the penalty box, i can easily die 3 times before my stun breaker comes off cooldown.

would force barrier count as a self-inflicted stun?

Definitely hyperbole, and if it's not, you're a baddie.

What sorts of stuns do you use your breaker and force barrier for? Do you only break hard stuns? Is it situational? Do you sometimes eat a stun even if your breakers are available?

because 350 * 4 = 1000? Do you mean 250? If stuns wear off the instant you reach 1000, then you'd be stunned slightly less than three seconds, as even a full 3 seconds * 350 resolve/second > 1000 resolve, aka white barred.

nice math.

Also, your idea of having resolve build at a constant rate of time stunned instead of lump-summed has been brought up before years in the past, nothing new.

And I'd laugh at anyone on my stealthers trying to take a node. Objective caps are 18, 8 and 6 seconds long. That means that I can inflict less than 1800, 800, and 600 resolve on those individuals and it will theoretically all drain.

With a large group of people, say, four, I can take turns sapping each one. Each sap will last 1.5 seconds, as it will cancel after I go on to the next. That's 1.5 seconds * 200 resolve/second = 300 resolve. Or hell, even 200 since there was no full 2nd second. Each person gets 200-300 resolve, decayed in 2-3 seconds, and it takes them 18, 8, or 6 seconds to cap.

lol

TBF, the correct formula is (350-100) * 4 = 1000

Your point is still valid though: resolve system that's even worse than we have now.

It isn't but you gotta blame something for your loss. DPS tunnelers wanna tunnel.

Minimize the CC in this game and see how invincible a good tank/healer combo becomes in objective based WZ's where you don't need kills to win.

But tanks and healers have more ccs than most dps. And healers love it when you're mezzed (while mezzing a healer won't let you kill him or his tank). Remove cc and that combo dies faster in many cases (if it dies at all). I'm not suggesting all cc gets removed but i would love to see a meter. A lot of that info is in the logs, though.

With a large group of people, say, four, I can take turns sapping each one. Each sap will last 1.5 seconds, as it will cancel after I go on to the next. That's 1.5 seconds * 200 resolve/second = 300 resolve. Or hell, even 200 since there was no full 2nd second. Each person gets 200-300 resolve, decayed in 2-3 seconds, and it takes them 18, 8, or 6 seconds to cap.

This is only valid if mezzes are removed the instant you mez another target. There is no reason at all that you shouldn't be able to mez multiple targets with a ROT system.

There is definitely an issue tho on the opposite side which I will have to think on. The issue is that the 4 seconds of immunity will not be enough time to cover a cap. This period of time is used to force a player out of stealth in order to prevent you from capping. It would need a secondary debuff which applies only to mezzes. That is, once you hit full resolve, you become immune to mezzes for 8 - 10 seconds.

Edited by JackNader

Definitely hyperbole, and if it's not, you're a baddie.

What sorts of stuns do you use your breaker and force barrier for? Do you only break hard stuns? Is it situational? Do you sometimes eat a stun even if your breakers are available?

normally i will eat a stun if my resolve bar isn't full yet. sometimes i break a stun without the full resolve bar if i have to run to someone out of LoS/too far away and for whatever reason i don't want them to die. sometimes i'll break a stun early to stop the other team from capping an objective. typically though, those aren't the cases where i die 3 times before my stun breaker comes off cooldown.

mostly it's a problem when getting focus-fired. if i get hit with a net and one of the 3-second stuns while 2 (maybe 3) people are focus firing me, i would have to use the stun breaker to get my force barrier up, then use force barrier to stop the damage (since i lost a cooldown to break the stun and probably lost at least half my health). it's unlikely i would be unable to force speed away to save myself, especially when force charge will stop me. then, if i'm in 8v8 i have something like a minute of no stun breaker. if i'm in 4-man, i just hope the others have enough dps so my impending death doesn't cause a loss. it's easy to kill a sorc if you know what you're doing. you may want a merc on your team.

how is that hyperbole? are internet forums you're main source of education?

normally i will eat a stun if my resolve bar isn't full yet. sometimes i break a stun without the full resolve bar if i have to run to someone out of LoS/too far away and for whatever reason i don't want them to die. sometimes i'll break a stun early to stop the other team from capping an objective. typically though, those aren't the cases where i die 3 times before my stun breaker comes off cooldown.

mostly it's a problem when getting focus-fired. if i get hit with a net and one of the 3-second stuns while 2 (maybe 3) people are focus firing me, i would have to use the stun breaker to get my force barrier up, then use force barrier to stop the damage (since i lost a cooldown to break the stun and probably lost at least half my health). it's unlikely i would be unable to force speed away to save myself, especially when force charge will stop me. then, if i'm in 8v8 i have something like a minute of no stun breaker. if i'm in 4-man, i just hope the others have enough dps so my impending death doesn't cause a loss. it's easy to kill a sorc if you know what you're doing. you may want a merc on your team.

how is that hyperbole? are internet forums you're main source of education?

Your CC breaker is off the GCD, but I can't speak about force barrier (if I remember correctly, I thought it was also off the GCD). I do have a sage healer and I know that even though I don't play the spec even remotely as well as the best healers, I don't spend MORE TIME stunned than not.

But, most sorc/sage healers I see in warzones tend to hit the panic button early. If you're spec'ing your character correctly, your force speed will allow you to break roots/snares and be immune to them for the duration of force speed. your force speed also resets after your force barrier ends. Kiting leapers, even vengeance juggs, shouldn't be too difficult, unless you have a melee train of 3+ on you and none of your teammates are peeling for you.

Finally, when remarking on my education, you should take proper care to have the correct usage of "your" (you're is a conjunction of 'you are').

#TheMoreYouKnow

To reiterate what I stated earlier, if you honestly are getting stunned and dying so much, maybe it's not the game that needs to change but your playstyle.

In all seriousness, if you have any gameplay videos, I'd be more than happy to give you some basic tips and pointers, and to anyone still playing a sage healer really well (they exist), they'd be able to help you with more advanced stuff.

Edited by kamikrazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEPn0whO2zc

Merc lowbie huttball match. Uploaded it only because it ended up being hilarious. It's about 9 months old so no merc healer buffs and the TTK is longer than present. Only death was caused by attempting to fire pit 2 guys which ended up biting me in the ***. Used my breaker poorly once right at the end which didn't matter as the match was over. Regardless, even tho it wasn't a serious match it should at least serve as an example of how I generally play.

Edited by JackNader