Black-Black Color Bug on Body Armor of Entropic Assault Chest Piece

Ghost_Spectre

As the topic states, there is a huge bug for color with the Body Armor of Entropic Assault and Black-Black Dye Pack.

The original color is dark purple and black. However, with the Black-Black dye pack the Body Armor of Entropic Assault Chest piece has a dark green look. Standing next to Jaesa, you can see what her black and red dye pack looks like. A stark contrast of difference. Strangely, when you're in cut scenes or at the character screen, it looks like this.

This is the issue. I bought the black & black dye pack from the CM. That was a big expense. Now, instead of getting what I paid for, I have a very expensive dark green chest piece while the rest of the armor is black, except the head piece it will not change colors either as you can see in the two pictures.

Can you please fix this or refund the 2,000 cartel coins I spent for this dye pack.

As the topic states, there is a huge bug for color with the Body Armor of Entropic Assault and Black-Black Dye Pack.

The original color is dark purple and black. However, with the Black-Black dye pack the Body Armor of Entropic Assault Chest piece has a dark green look. Standing next to Jaesa, you can see what her black and red dye pack looks like. A stark contrast of difference. Strangely, when you're in cut scenes or at the character screen, it looks like this.

This is the issue. I bought the black & black dye pack from the CM. That was a big expense. Now, instead of getting what I paid for, I have a very expensive dark green chest piece while the rest of the armor is black, except the head piece it will not change colors either as you can see in the two pictures.

Can you please fix this or refund the 2,000 cartel coins I spent for this dye pack.

Are you sure that's not just the lighting? Do you have any guildmates or party members who can tell you what color it appears? That body piece looks normal to me but I don't have a heavy armor wearer handy to actually equip it. But you're right, in the preview it looks correct with black/black. Your picture looks like a lighting issue, though.

Are you sure that's not just the lighting? Do you have any guildmates or party members who can tell you what color it appears? That body piece looks normal to me but I don't have a heavy armor wearer handy to actually equip it. But you're right, in the preview it looks correct with black/black. Your picture looks like a lighting issue, though.

Yes, my guild mates confirmed it looks dark green, not black. Everywhere I go, no matter where, it is the same color, dark green. However, in all cut-scenes it is black.

That sounds like a bug then. Did you enter a customer service ticket too? I'm not sure which would get more attention faster, but this is something that would have to be fixed on the server if it is appearing incorrectly to other people as well. I hope someone notices!

That sounds like a bug then. Did you enter a customer service ticket too? I'm not sure which would get more attention faster, but this is something that would have to be fixed on the server if it is appearing incorrectly to other people as well. I hope someone notices!

No, I didn't submit a CS ticket. If I had, they'd just direct me to come here and post on the forum.

No, I didn't submit a CS ticket. If I had, they'd just direct me to come here and post on the forum.

I would certainly say it would do no harm to submit the ticket also. I've never been outright told to just go to the forums by an official of swtor.

I would certainly say it would do no harm to submit the ticket also. I've never been outright told to just go to the forums by an official of swtor.

I have. I get an automated reply saying CS does not handle Bug Reports. I should go and post them in the Bug Forum.

I think in this case, you need to put in a customer service ticket for the issue without saying it is the bug part that bothers you. You paid for an expensive dye, tested it in the preview, and it still does not work.

You could try sending a PM to Tait (http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=11432032) instead of entering another ticket. At least just to get an acknowledgement or maybe a pointer on what is the next step you should be taking.

I think in this case, you need to put in a customer service ticket for the issue without saying it is the bug part that bothers you. You paid for an expensive dye, tested it in the preview, and it still does not work.

You could try sending a PM to Tait (http://www.swtor.com/community/member.php?u=11432032) instead of entering another ticket. At least just to get an acknowledgement or maybe a pointer on what is the next step you should be taking.

Thanks, I just sent him the original post. Here's hoping I'll hear something.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey! Thanks for the post and the message. I'll pass this along to the team and have someone take a look.

-tw

Today is the 23rd of August. It's been 20 days since I posted this. Why haven't I heard anything on this?

If you're not going to fix this problem, I demand you refund my 2000 cartel coins now. I'm tired of waiting for something that should have been resolved in 24 to 48 hours.

Today is the 23rd of August. It's been 20 days since I posted this. Why haven't I heard anything on this?

If you're not going to fix this problem, I demand you refund my 2000 cartel coins now. I'm tired of waiting for something that should have been resolved in 24 to 48 hours.

Today is August 29, I've still not heard anything on whether you are going to fix this or refund my 2000 cartel coins? This wait has gone on long enough. Please, refund my cartel points now.

• 1 year later...

Yup, same thing happening here. recently got back to the game and the Black dyes have dark green in them under certain lighting. Out 8 million credits thinking maybe the pack I got was bugged. Super lame.

I have the same chest piece as you Mystcard. Same issue with the Eradicators chest piece too. Used a Primary Gray dye and it happened. Figured it was because I had only a primary so then went and bought and Black/Black and its still there.

Edited by Kohsar
More information.

I mean, according to this thread. The issue is over a year old. That's.. Maddening. Why it's not fixed yet is pretty obnoxious. Stinks, because I was having an awesome time. Good customer service would have been icing on the cake.

I mean, according to this thread. The issue is over a year old. That's.. Maddening. Why it's not fixed yet is pretty obnoxious. Stinks, because I was having an awesome time. Good customer service would have been icing on the cake.

Well, I've come to the conclusion that these people truly do not care anymore and haven't since the game went F2P. EA is the worst gaming company in the industry when it comes to these matters. Its all about maximizing profits at the expense of quality and customer relations. In my opinion they are worse than NCSoft and that's saying something.

Well, I've come to the conclusion that these people truly do not care anymore and haven't since the game went F2P. EA is the worst gaming company in the industry when it comes to these matters. Its all about maximizing profits at the expense of quality and customer relations. In my opinion they are worse than NCSoft and that's saying something.

Yea bro.. That's kinda sad. Felt like swtor was feeling a resurgence with the expansion. But, an issue like this is just obvious quality management. That stinks. Well, I'll bump this thread periodically in hopes that a Moderator will care enough to do something about it.