Character creation question: non-standard text

JacksonMo

No help whatsoever.

How is it no help? Just look up the alt coded letter(s) you want (looking them up is a lot easier than trying to remember all the codes), and paste it in the naming box. There. I told you how to get it, and insert it into the game. Wasn't that your question?

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Characters such as ć ÿ etc, can be typed into anything by their alt-code, for example alt 0243, alt 0255 (you hold down alt and you type 0243 and when you release alt the character shows). If you run a windows program called "charmap" it will show you the alt codes for everything, in the lower right corner.

So for example JacksónMó you type Jacks(alt)0243nM(alt)0243.

Edited by Merouk

How is it no help? Just look up the alt coded letter(s) you want (looking them up is a lot easier than trying to remember all the codes), and paste it in the naming box. There. I told you how to get it, and insert it into the game. Wasn't that your question?

You didn't give me any information I could use to actually get there. Basically you told me to Google it.

Characters such as ć ÿ etc, can be typed into anything by their alt-code, for example alt 0243, alt 0255 (you hold down alt and you type 0243 and when you release alt the character shows). If you run a windows program called "charmap" it will show you the alt codes for everything, in the lower right corner.

So for example JacksónMó you type Jacks(alt)0243nM(alt)0243.

Not knowing what I'm looking for makes Google useless. This is the info I needed to point me in the right direction.

Thank you. :D

Edited by JacksonMo

Correct. Although I haven't tried ALL of them, the standard accented characters such as ö, à, etc. work fine.

Some don't work in the character creation screen. It'll give you an error message saying it contains invalid characters. Trial and error.

I'll be adding their names to my friend lists (same faction) to make it easier to pass legacy gear.

From personal experience, I can't answer that. However, just try using the letter in question, and the client will tell you if it's not allowed.

It WORKS for what I need it! Now my SWTOR experience is complete! Thank you all so much!