120 Elite Comms for 162 rating Mainhand? Kidding I hope?

SebastiaanZ

It's intentional.

No one is forcing you to buy it.

You can ignore it altogether.

Whisper a crafter on the Fleet and trade mats for the actual Hilt or Barrel, which is what most of us do I guess. Most craft 34 Hilts and Barrels by now. That one is 30 or 31 if memory serves me right.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Do we have to pay ELITE COMMENDATIONS for a 162 mainhand commendation weapon of which the same rating gear is paid with BASIC COMMENDATIONS? I hope this is a bug and not intentional! PLEASE fix this!

Intentional, to make the most important DPS piece (Barrel/Hilt) harder to achieve. Tanks in exchange get the crappiest itemized mods and enhancements. Healers well, are lucky here

I don't care its unfair. 162 rating = basic comms. Goes for everything so also mainhands.

I want this fixed. And many with me I think.

Again, there's nothing to fix.

It's working as intended.

Just try to gather the necessary mats to trade them with a crafter for the actual 34 Barrel or Hilt. The difference is considerable.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Again, there's nothing to fix.

It's working as intended.

Just try to gather the necessary mats to trade them with a crafter for the actual 34 Barrel or Hilt. The difference is considerable.

You cannot even RE the damn things ... I want the Comm payment to be changed NOW. THIS IS UNFAIR.

there used to be no way to get a weapon higher than lvl 53 (rating 28 or 156) outside of operations. none. at all. and basic coms bought you lvl 53 armor.

main hand weapon was always the hardest to get. the fact that you can buy arkanian level mainhand for elite commendations - ones that are very VERY easy to get right now? is anything BUT unfair.

and plus, yes, you can always pay a crafter for 180 barrel/hilt... in fact usually - its free with your mats, so you just need to farm up the mats.

I'd say that exceptionally fair. seeing as you can get a very good mainhand weapon without stepping into an operation, ever.

Or even better yet ... spend an extra 20 Elite comms for a 168 ofhand and RE that barrel/hilt!

yep. did it with everything but tanky ones (not that it matters - I just use dps barrels/hilts for tanking) and willpower :/ although I did that back when you couldn't craft 180ties yet. wasn't as lucky with 180tes, sadly, dumped all my ultimates from multiple characters into offhands but the only one I was able to learn was aim >_> stupid rng..

Edited by Jeweledleah

Or even better yet ... spend an extra 20 Elite comms for a 168 ofhand and RE that barrel/hilt!

Forgive my noobness as I am new to end-game crafting... But you can RE those for schematics? I always thought the schematics were a raid loot.

Edited by TheBBP

Good Lord, are people REALLY beotching about 160-level gear?

Cracker please.

Run S & V STORY MODE. Run TfB STORY MODE. Ok, you got your Mass Manips and EEs. Now run level ** 50 ** HM FPS. Do that for a week, run some CZ-198 and some Black Hole or Section X as well. 50 eazy or 55 semi-easy.

Now you got enough Basic Comms to trade to a hilt / barrel crafter (most on my server don't give two craps about the green mats) for a 180 Barrel / Hilt.

SERIOUSLY, this is NOT hard.

*****************************************(Read this - written by a guildy prior to most recent patch) **************************

Don't wait until 55 to gear for 55. Need to think about three milestones: Level 50, 53 and 55. With most classes (DPS especially), upgrading your barrel / hilt should be priority # 1.

1) Here are some goals to set:

a) PvP comms: 1400 regular commendations, 2600 ranked. (Don't spend until 55)

b) Planetary comms: As close to 100 as possible for when you hit level 50

c) Basic Comms: 175 minimum (Do not spend until 55)

d) Classic Comms: If you can accumulate some - great - but not a priority (unless you like the look). Be advised there is a set bonus difference between classic gear and Arkanian.

2) You hit 50, now what?

a) Remember in 1)b) we talked about Planetary comms? Now's the time to go spend them at the Makeb planetary vendor (located on fleet)

b) (level 50) Flash points. You want to start doing these in order to accumulate 175 Basic comms

c) Any and all raids that you can join. EV (SM/HM), KP (SM/HM) Most groups will let you need to your heart's content.

3) You hit 53, now what?

a) Now you can upgrade to (66) crafted to include barrel / hilt. This will be a significant power and HP boost from your old gear. Get as much (66) as you can.

b) Continue to raid as per 2) c).

3) Check GTN for (66) Blue gear (esp. Earpiece and Implants)

4) You just hit 55, now what?

a) Take the PvP comms to the PvP vendor. You are looking (first) for Conqueror relics (700 regular comms each), then upgrade at the vendor right next door for 1 Conqueror Relic and 1300 ranked comms. (Currently these are BIS in game (12/31/2013)

b) Take your basic comms and purchase five (5) Isotope-5 "tubes". (They look like a test tube filled with Mt Dew). Get in on a SM TFB or SM S & V. Completing either for the first time rewards you with Mass Manipulation Generator. You will need five Isotope-5s', one MMG and some minor items for a (72) Hilt / Barrel.

At this point you should be in all (66) crafted (minimum) with the exception of your MH (72) and relics (78 equiv). If you have the credits, check the GTN for Ear and Implants (54-55). Often they are sold very cheap (20k)

Continue to raid. While it is up to you, I recommend your first purchase with Ultimates (78) is your OH. (esp Marauder and BH).

Forgive my noobness as I am new to end-game crafting... But you can RE those for schematics? I always thought the schematics were a raid loot.

That is correct. To a degree. Not every comm-bought piece can be RE'd. Verpine implants and earpieces, for example.

But the hilts and barrels most certainly can be. The rule is that the highest grade of gear, presently 186, cannot be RE'd. So, feel free to buy that offhand and try to RE it!

Also, because of this, certain hilt or barrel schematics aren't available outside of raids. For example, a GUARDIAN hilt, as opposed to a MIGHT hilt. The Might hilt is available for RE from comms because Marauders and Sentinels have comm-bought offhand weapons. A Guardian hilt will only be found in a mainhand and that will only make an even lower tier available for purchase with comms. 120 Elite comms, to be exact, as identified by the OP.

Also, because of this, certain hilt or barrel schematics aren't available outside of raids. For example, a GUARDIAN hilt, as opposed to a MIGHT hilt. The Might hilt is available for RE from comms.

And no one needs or may even want a GUARDIAN hilt. Tanks need armor, not HP (because 90+% of a tanks HP come from his or her healers.) Armor, which a tank does need, comes from the rating (e.g., 162, 168, 180, ...). And while the MIGHT hilt may give fewer HP, it creates higher threat generation and more damage. So many tanks I know use Might or Reflex or Resolve hilts/barrles/armorings, rather than the high-endurance alternatives.

And no one needs or may even want a GUARDIAN hilt. Tanks need armor, not HP (because 90+% of a tanks HP come from his or her healers.) Armor, which a tank does need, comes from the rating (e.g., 162, 168, 180, ...). And while the MIGHT hilt may give fewer HP, it creates higher threat generation and more damage. So many tanks I know use Might or Reflex or Resolve hilts/barrles/armorings, rather than the high-endurance alternatives.

True. But I was merely reporting the facts so as to keep that poster from then wondering why those schematics aren't available.

That is correct. To a degree. Not every comm-bought piece can be RE'd. Verpine implants and earpieces, for example.

But the hilts and barrels most certainly can be. The rule is that the highest grade of gear, presently 186, cannot be RE'd. So, feel free to buy that offhand and try to RE it!

Also, because of this, certain hilt or barrel schematics aren't available outside of raids. For example, a GUARDIAN hilt, as opposed to a MIGHT hilt. The Might hilt is available for RE from comms because Marauders and Sentinels have comm-bought offhand weapons. A Guardian hilt will only be found in a mainhand and that will only make an even lower tier available for purchase with comms. 120 Elite comms, to be exact, as identified by the OP.

Thank you. I appreciate the time you took to explain. :sy_havoc:

I don't care its unfair. 162 rating = basic comms. Goes for everything so also mainhands.

I want this fixed. And many with me I think.

*throws a soother to the OP*

*walks off*

Edited by Kalfear