The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2

Silenceo

The next sequence of events for Jahuro might step on a few toes, so I figured I would ask around to see if it is acceptable for all of you, or if there is a preferred change before I post it. I will give plenty of time prior to posting to allow others to get their word in.

1. Is it alright if I have Chuckles-At-Predators help Jahuro/Boran find a vacant cave where he may rest and recuperate during the storm.

2. Once he finds the cave, would there be objections to Chuckles-At-Predators or some of his squirrely friends gathering small quantities of food *ex. an apple every now and then* during the less intense portions of the storm? (Due to Boran having befriended many of the squirrels i figured I would propose this one)

3. Using Art of Small to heal over time, probably 1-2 days in a deep meditative state.

4. In such a state, while his body is being repaired, due to his strong emphasis on the mind in his force studies, would it be possible for him to stretch out and sense the life signs around him? Earlier he did this for brief times, but if he is concentrating on it for so long, could it be possible it extends further than usual? For example, due to where Jahuro/Boran is now and where he will end up with the cave, he is likely to be within 5-20 miles of the trio. Keep in mind the entirety of the area has a diameter of 100 miles.

5. If he is able to extend his senses to the Trio, he likely will only sense the two force users at first, since among so many beasts, regular people will likely blend in on such a grand scale. After scrutiny he might find that the 3rd is actually a sentient?

6. The possibility for Jahuro/Boran to use force whisper in such a state at such a range, for either a malevolent or a benevolent purpose, depending on which persona is currently dominating. Note, at such a range it has no suggestive power, and is more like someone whispering in ones ear.

7. At such distance it is very possible that the mental representations of the individuals is very basic and hard to decipher, unless he focuses on them for a long time. *Which over the course of a day it might narrow slightly.*

I ask you guys these because all of this could be considered too OP, or not fair or such. I am asking here first to allow everyone to have their opinion heard concerning this sequence of events. Share your opinions! NOW!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The next sequence of events for Jahuro might step on a few toes, so I figured I would ask around to see if it is acceptable for all of you, or if there is a preferred change before I post it. I will give plenty of time prior to posting to allow others to get their word in.

1. Is it alright if I have Chuckles-At-Predators help Jahuro/Boran find a vacant cave where he may rest and recuperate during the storm.

2. Once he finds the cave, would there be objections to Chuckles-At-Predators or some of his squirrely friends gathering small quantities of food *ex. an apple every now and then* during the less intense portions of the storm? (Due to Boran having befriended many of the squirrels i figured I would propose this one)

3. Using Art of Small to heal over time, probably 1-2 days in a deep meditative state.

4. In such a state, while his body is being repaired, due to his strong emphasis on the mind in his force studies, would it be possible for him to stretch out and sense the life signs around him? Earlier he did this for brief times, but if he is concentrating on it for so long, could it be possible it extends further than usual? For example, due to where Jahuro/Boran is now and where he will end up with the cave, he is likely to be within 5-20 miles of the trio. Keep in mind the entirety of the area has a diameter of 100 miles.

5. If he is able to extend his senses to the Trio, he likely will only sense the two force users at first, since among so many beasts, regular people will likely blend in on such a grand scale. After scrutiny he might find that the 3rd is actually a sentient?

6. The possibility for Jahuro/Boran to use force whisper in such a state at such a range, for either a malevolent or a benevolent purpose, depending on which persona is currently dominating. Note, at such a range it has no suggestive power, and is more like someone whispering in ones ear.

7. At such distance it is very possible that the mental representations of the individuals is very basic and hard to decipher, unless he focuses on them for a long time. *Which over the course of a day it might narrow slightly.*

I ask you guys these because all of this could be considered too OP, or not fair or such. I am asking here first to allow everyone to have their opinion heard concerning this sequence of events. Share your opinions! NOW!!!

1. Yes

2. Yes

3.Eh...I'm going to say no

4.Distance...yes. rest...yep.

5,6,7. I don't really have a problem with this.

3.Eh...I'm going to say no

Aw... Why not? :d_grin:

I asked #3 because it has been used for healing purposes before. I am not discouraging disagreements, I just love explanations so that I can fully understand both the nays and the yays. :d_wink:

Aw... Why not? :d_grin:

I asked #3 because it has been used for healing purposes before. I am not discouraging disagreements, I just love explanations so that I can fully understand both the nays and the yays. :d_wink:

I don't feel like it's best suited for that purpose. And I needed something to say no to, for balance reasons. :p

I don't feel like it's best suited for that purpose. And I needed something to say no to, for balance reasons. :p

Even when resting it would be incredibly taxing, so if it took 2 days, he would still be completely exhausted at the end, making it so he still isn't 100%. :d_frown:

As for balance, true enough. Could extend how long it would take if that would balance it. I kinda wanted to have him become almost like the eye in the force sky, for better or worse. For a limited time anyways. :d_grin:

Though if Art of Small may not heal at all, depending on everyone's opinion, how would you guys propose he deal with his injuries? :d_confused:

Even when resting it would be incredibly taxing, so if it took 2 days, he would still be completely exhausted at the end, making it so he still isn't 100%. :d_frown:

As for balance, true enough. Could extend how long it would take if that would balance it. I kinda wanted to have him become almost like the eye in the force sky, for better or worse. For a limited time anyways. :d_grin:

Though if Art of Small may not heal at all, depending on everyone's opinion, how would you guys propose he deal with his injuries? :d_confused:

With the power of squirrels. :D

Rise of the Squirrel Overlord

Coming soon to a Scenario near you!

:d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes: :d_rolls_eyes::D_rolls_eyes:

With the power of squirrels he will become invincible!!!! Vespus won't stand a chance.

1.yes

2.yes

3.to a extant

4,i will say yes wouldn't mind my character meeting yours

5. agreed he would only sense the force sensitives

6.not sure about that one

7.not sure about that one need someone more knowledgeably them myself

@Silenceo

I don't really know much about the healing stuff. As for the Force Whisper, I'd say it depends on how it's done. And would prefer that we get to choose how our character reacts if they're the one targeted by it. For example, if he attempts to influence Alderick, I'd be open to it if I get to control the response. If it causes Alderick to do something I feel is really out of character/I don't have a say in it, then I'd say no.

@Silenceo

I don't really know much about the healing stuff. As for the Force Whisper, I'd say it depends on how it's done. And would prefer that we get to choose how our character reacts if they're the one targeted by it. For example, if he attempts to influence Alderick, I'd be open to it if I get to control the response. If it causes Alderick to do something I feel is really out of character/I don't have a say in it, then I'd say no.

Force Whisper only has that effect sometimes when in close proximity. At such range, it should quite literally be a whisper in the ear/mind using the force. As in no persuasive nature to it other than the words themselves.

Besides, I would always ask if I was to try for something like that, you know that! :d_grin:

I also was planning to leave the reactions fully up to the one the whispers were sent to, ex:

Jahuro used the force to whisper into Alderick's Mind, "You can never trust a sith...sith...sith..."

Then it would be up to you to make the response, if any, to the message. No mind control involved.

Edited by Silenceo

Any further opinions concerning those points?

As for those unsure about healing with Art of Small in just 2 days, could it be made more reasonable if the time was extended?

Another

. Edited by Silenceo

These Hints are getting weirder but am starting to think we are going to get a special appearance in the next update when will that be

side note : Also i think healing with art of small should take more the 2 days to heal you but you doing nothing for two days is not going to be interesting so i say do the two day time length so we can move your story along

Edited by Jarons

Three days of constant Force Healing would be acceptable, he is severely burnt and wounded.

That being said can we please move on and get this update done, I've been waiting weeks to get this to endgame.

On the upside, midterms are now passed so I can focus more on scenarios. :)

Side Note: Going to try and finish the Scenario to advance your story tomorrow LK, though I still have a few minor kinks to iron out.

Edited by Silenceo

On the upside, midterms are now passed so I can focus more on scenarios. :)

Side Note: Going to try and finish the Scenario to advance your story tomorrow LK, though I still have a few minor kinks to iron out.

Same midterms are done so I can focus on other more (or less) important things. :D

this story about to take a huge turn especially for Darksaber character he being pulled in so many directions i don't know what's going to happen next with him also i can't remember if you said something about this or not but what is stopping a predator from coming across Boran and eating him while he is in a mediated state

this story about to take a huge turn especially for Darksaber character he being pulled in so many directions i don't know what's going to happen next with him also i can't remember if you said something about this or not but what is stopping a predator from coming across Boran and eating him while he is in a mediated state

The fact he can sense every living things life signature around him, which is also how he detected the 2 force signatures of Alderick and Jaron.

That, and his pre-cog abilities are quite advanced if you check his character sheet. :D

There is nothing stopping Boran from leaving the state, so if something dangerous approaches he can leave it and engage.

Side Note: I forgot to check, has Jaron been masking his presence? *I forgot, might need to edit if so*

Edited by Silenceo

The fact he can sense every living things life signature around him, which is also how he detected the 2 force signatures of Alderick and Jaron.

That, and his pre-cog abilities are quite advanced if you check his character sheet. :D

There is nothing stopping Boran from leaving the state, so if something dangerous approaches he can leave it and engage.

Side Note: I forgot to check, has Jaron been masking his presence? *I forgot, might need to edit if so*

I don't remember at first i was but am not sure if i removed it when i started talking to Alderick or not i have to re read but i don't believe i am

Also I know each of the force sensitive on the planet has at least a moderate Pre-cog ability i believe

I did not know that again i don't know the full extant of Art of small healing ability

Side Note: I just check i have force stealth but it is basic level so Alderick wouldn't be able to sense me but for some reason he could but anyway sense its basic Boran should be able to sense me still if its activated or not

Edited by Jarons

I don't remember at first i was but am not sure if i removed it when i started talking to Alderick or not i have to re read but i don't believe i am

Also I know each of the force sensitive on the planet has at least a moderate Pre-cog ability i believe

I did not know that again i don't know the full extant of Art of small healing ability

Side Note: I just check i have force stealth but it is basic level so Alderick wouldn't be able to sense me but for some reason he could but anyway sense its basic Boran should be able to sense me still if its activated or not

Alright, going to wait for Karadron to respond before I start meddling. :jawa_evil: