The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2

Silenceo

On sight you are not overwhelmed. He just makes others uneasy. Though, if he focuses very hard on a single individual, I wouldn't put it past the target to run away.

Thats what I'm saying, It seems a bit like Godmode, for example: 4 players are surrounding him, he uses his Fear powers and they all run, Do you see what I'm getting at?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion if he can just dominate anyone's mind that is too far, luckily for me I have master level Moving Meditation, which acts as a mental shield against any Dark Side effects.

Do you know how exhausting it would be for him to dominate even one individuals mind for even a short time? That would take nearly all of his energy. Though, his other powers do not dominate the mind, but they do have strong effects on the mind. Something he might only exhert that much energy to do to stop something that is about to finish him off or some such. A seldomly used ability. I do worry for none force sensitives ability to defend themselves against him however.

Think of it like he is the Boogy Man. ;)

Thats what I'm saying, It seems a bit like Godmode, for example: 4 players are surrounding him, he uses his Fear powers and they all run, Do you see what I'm getting at?

Except I already explained he would have to focus HARD on a SINGLE individual to force that single one to run, and that isn't even a jedi. if it is 4 individuals facing him at once he is most likely to force their attention away for only a moment and vanish.

Side Note: Using Force Horror *AoE Force Fear* would be very exhausting, and it wouldn't defeat the opponents. You appear to be mixing deadly power and escape powerful here.

Edited by Silenceo

I put forward the argument that it needs more than a MINOR calm mind to clear away MAJOR effects. :D

A minor amount would allow the person in my opinion to just be uneasy even at your strongest attempts a Moderate to be completely unaffected and A Major the ability to resist MULTIPLE people trying to mentally tamper.... :D

Except I already explained he would have to focus HARD on a SINGLE individual to force that single one to run, and that isn't even a jedi. if it is 4 individuals facing him at once he is most likely to force their attention away for only a moment and vanish.

True, But it seems a little...Overpowered against Non force users, Get rid of the unease just by being near him thing and I am good

A minor amount would allow the person in my opinion to just be uneasy even at your strongest attempts a Moderate to be completely unaffected and A Major the ability to resist MULTIPLE people trying to mentally tamper.... :D

I would think a minor calm mind would make a Major fear into a moderate fear. A moderate Calm mind to turn a major fear into a minor fear. Then Major for both, they cancel out. That is how I imagine it anyways.

True, But it seems a little...Overpowered against Non force users, Get rid of the unease just by being near him thing and I am good

Then hit him before he can fear you.

Think WoW Warlock fear. Enemy charges him, he fears them, they run a bit, he gains distance, fear wears off shortly after. Except, Jahuro is melee.

Side Note: The overall unease in his presence is more to his physical presence than force power. It is like you see a guy across the bar that looks like he wants to rip your spleen out. But he hasn't made a move towards you yet. You would feel uneasy.

Edited by Silenceo

I would think a minor calm mind would make a Major fear into a moderate fear. A moderate Calm mind to turn a major fear into a minor fear. Then Major for both, they cancel out. That is how I imagine it anyways.

Nope Calm mind is much more advanced then fear with even more prereq's. IOt is a highly advanced technique. Needs to be worth it.

Nope Calm mind is much more advanced then fear with even more prereq's. IOt is a highly advanced technique. Needs to be worth it.

Where on the list again is Calm Mind? All I can find is Cleanse Mind.

Cleanse Mind I would say would defeat fear like you describe yes, but Force Horror or Dominate mind it might not completely push off.

Side Note: I had originally thought I saw calm mind as a no pre req T1 with a free rank, which is part of why I was uneasy. If it was Cleanse Mind you were referring to, alright then.

Anyone find my character O.P? She is almost completely defensive.

The only issue I have is that you are still missing force repulse which would be free for you as well as Saber throw rank 1 which I believe is also free for you... other then that all goods to me...

Where on the list again is Calm Mind? All I can find is Cleanse Mind.

Cleanse Mind I would say would defeat fear like you describe yes, but Force Horror or Dominate mind it might not completely push off.

Side Note: I had originally thought I saw calm mind as a no pre req T1 with a free rank, which is part of why I was uneasy. If it was Cleanse Mind you were referring to, alright then.

Ya i was refering to Cleanse Mind my bad... and yes if Force Horror were to be used as single target then they would cancel one another out....

Edit: I do not recommend "fearing" my character, wookies dont react well to being backed into a corner....

Edited by tunewalker

The only issue I have is that you are still missing force repulse which would be free for you as well as Saber throw rank 1 which I believe is also free for you... other then that all goods to me...

I may include Force Repulse despite being an offensive ability however Saber Throw would be self-defeating for a Soresu/Makashi practitioner.

Ya i was refering to Cleanse Mind my bad... and yes if Force Horror were to be used as single target then they would cancel one another out....

Good, I thought you were saying a Minor T1 was canceling out a Major T1. :p

That is much more reasonable, considering Force Horror and Cleanse Mind are the same Tier, though, I am unsure how it would effect a full out Dominate Mind... That thing is a T5. While Cleanse Mind would likely stop the worst effects if it was Major, I do think it would essentially lock the two in a contest of wills. With Dominate Mind having a slight edge due to being so advanced/exhausting. *Wouldn't last long, and even if the user of Dominate Mind won, they would be completely out of juice.*

I tend to think of Dominate Mind in this type of scenario and due to character power levels, as a " Oh *#(% " move for a Dark Sider. Unless the target is 100% defenseless I doubt the user could do anything too terrible. Though, it still has to be the cost since it will drain the user of his own strength to use such a technique.

Side Note: Oh I know Tune. Which is why he might Force Fear him if he is among his fellows. Or use Force Confusion for more controlled results. :D

Edited by Silenceo

I may include Force Repulse despite being an offensive ability however Saber Throw would be self-defeating for a Soresu/Makashi practitioner.

my point is it would be among your ability to do so, even if your character doesnt usually do so, if you know what I mean....

Good, I thought you were saying a Minor T1 was canceling out a Major T1. :p

That is much more reasonable, considering Force Horror and Cleanse Mind are the same Tier, though, I am unsure how it would effect a full out Dominate Mind... That thing is a T5. While Cleanse Mind would likely stop the worst effects if it was Major, I do think it would essentially lock the two in a contest of wills. With Dominate Mind having a slight edge due to being so advanced/exhausting. *Wouldn't last long, and even if the user of Dominate Mind won, they would be completely out of juice.*

I tend to think of Dominate Mind in this type of scenario and due to character power levels, as a " Oh *#(% " move for a Dark Sider. Unless the target is 100% defenseless I doubt the user could do anything too terrible. Though, it still has to be the cost since it will drain the user of his own strength to use such a technique.

Side Note: Oh I know Tune. Which is why he might Force Fear him if he is among his fellows. Or use Force Confusion for more controlled results. :D

To be perfectly honest now that I think about it cleanse mind should work as I suggested against ALL mental based attacks. Because unlike other mental abilities it has 0 offensive use... it is a purely defensive ability thus if some one isnt actually using a Mental attack its useless. Unlike everything else. I think Mind trick would be the one to work as you suggest, but Cleanse mind is a purely defensive ability and as such should benefit from that fact....

To be perfectly honest now that I think about it cleanse mind should work as I suggested against ALL mental based attacks. Because unlike other mental abilities it has 0 offensive use... it is a purely defensive ability thus if some one isnt actually using a Mental attack its useless. Unlike everything else. I think Mind trick would be the one to work as you suggest, but Cleanse mind is a purely defensive ability and as such should benefit from that fact....

So what would happen then if a skilled mental power user was to attempt to invade a skilled jedi's mind?

Cleanse wouldn't stop the attack entirely because the invasion would basically be instantly re-applied. Though, I am iffy including game mechanic abilities, it makes sense. *Though, many abilities currently used are all game abilities.*

Though, what would be amusing is if Jahuro used multiple fears on some one so they were essentially living a nightmare, and Vi'la had to help them clear it away.

Though, how tiring is Cleanse Mind? Compared to Force Fear I mean?

Edited by Silenceo

Character Name:Sith Lord Jaron morbus

Profession-Darth Malicious Personal assassin/Apprentice

Species-Human

Skill(s)-Skilled Duelist and can hide in plain sight when you think no ones there that's when he strikes his killing blow , skilled in hand to hand combat , basic survival skills , speaks Basic, Huttess , Cheunh and the ancient sith language

Clothing-sith hooded robes with medium sith body armor on so he can move quickly and still take damage if he is exposed

Physical appearance: Leash scars of being wiped while at the sith academy on Korriban and the second then last line of the sith code tattooed on his arm in the sith language Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak

Height: 6'3

Skin: Brownish red

Complexion: Youthful adult.

Eyes: light Blue

Build: moderately muscular

Items:

1.dual wielded lightsabers 1 with a (Firkrann crystal with a red dark color crystal )he inherit from his father and the other from his mother( Aqua focus cristal)

2.Mother locket with a picture of her and his father holding him when he was younger

history

Was born the son of Darths was trained at a young age to be his parents personal assassin trained as a warrior by his father and illusions by his mother. During the great war his mother were captured by the jedi while fighting on the Dathomir and later redeemed by the jedi council before his mother left the sith order she left her son his own lightsaber with a blue aqua crystal his father couldn't bring himself to kill the women he loves so let her flew Dromund kaas and rise his son as he saw fit using him to gain more power in the dark council and his own enemies . His father wanting to make sure his son would be ready when the times come to work for him enrolled him in advance class at the sith academy on Korriban.While there he impressed his teachers and fellow acolytes with his abilities to pick up lessons quickly. He was a prodigy when it came to dualing however besting his fellow students and even his teacher in training sessions but ne realized early on one lightsaber at a time leave you open for a attack two is the perfect defense from attacks and counters your opponents attacks more easily. One day during his trails he found 3 of his fellow acolytes trying to force them selves on his friend Karin and went into a rage like trance and slaughter each one of them then dismembered there body,then started to attack everything insight around him only Karin could stop him and when he awakened he was horrified with what he done he fall into a pit of despair. Then his father came to visit the academy amd came to his son and asked him one question how did you feel while doing it how did it fell when you let your rage take over and he remember it felt great he felt happy he wanted more of it but his father stopped him and said all sith have this power it what's make us stronger then the jedi but to become great you most learn to control it then you will be great .The next day he took his punishment from his teachers and was severely wiped and to this day he still have the scars on his back. He used that pain to fuel and knowledge his father passedon to him to past the rest of his trails and become his father apprentice. One day while Jaron Slept he had a vision of his mother running from a group of assassins though the streets of Nar shadda killing everyone that comes close to them and there prey he recognizes the attackers they were sith followers of his father rival Darth nibus next thing he know his mother was trapped and he know it was over for her he woke up screaming to the top of his lungs holding his mother locket his father comes rushing in and looks at his son he could see the fury in his eyes he tells his son we have work to do and together they start to hunt each one of them done. One day his father gets a tip that one of the assassins was on guard duty with a imperial Gage-class transport and he get his son on the ship and tells him kill him and everyone else there no survivors so he starts to head out.

Mentality

A pretty Nice guy for a sith some see him as a anomaly among the sith order. He allows his beliefs and emotions affect his decisions but always try go make the right choice in every situation even if others disagree. He spends most of his times practicing his forms and abilities but also like to visit his friends from the academy . Things changed after his mothers death he spends most of his time tocus on his work and looking for any information he can find on his mother killers. Some says he is obsessed others believe he is right and his need for vengeance is making him stronger. No matter what. others say he won't rest tell his mothers killer have been crushed under his heel even if its kills him.

Lightsaber forms :

Shii Cho Moderate free

Juyo mastered 45

Niman mastered 14

Shien /Djem so 12

Makashi free

atari basic free

soresu basic free

Force abilities

Force Speed mastered

Force cloak Mastered 5

Force stealth Basic free

Force sight Moderate 3

Force empathy basic free

Force illusions 6

Force whisper 2

Chain lightning 2

Telepathy mastered 5

Telekinesis Moderate 3

Force jump modera3te 3

Force Push/pull moderate

Light saber throw basic free

Force barrier basic 1

Force throw moderate 3

Force wave morderate 3

Shadow vision basic free

Projected telepathy Moderate 3

Tutaminis moderate 3

Concel others morderate

Detoxify poison basic 1

force deflection free

force repulse Moderate 4

Force lightning mastered 6

Force rage morderate 2

Force slow basic free

Force wound basic free

Force scream basic free

Force fear Moderate 6

Force grip moderate 3

Force choke basic free

Drain knowledge morderate

Force horror Basic 3

Mind control Basic free

Procognation basic 2

Force barrier 1

150 total points

Planet Vote Taris

Edited by Jarons

So what would happen then if a skilled mental power user was to attempt to invade a skilled jedi's mind?

Cleanse wouldn't stop the attack entirely because the invasion would basically be instantly re-applied. Though, I am iffy including game mechanic abilities, it makes sense. *Though, many abilities currently used are all game abilities.*

Though, what would be amusing is if Jahuro used multiple fears on some one so they were essentially living a nightmare, and Vi'la had to help them clear it away.

Though, how tiring is Cleanse Mind? Compared to Force Fear I mean?

I always figured you would use the one most appropriate to the time not 'multiple fears at once" if its sinlge target its force fear if its multiple its horror if you want to use a milder version you do so for less exhaustion.

Bassically my uneerstanding of cleanse is that its bassically a mental defense ability stronger then just the usual mental skills, I dont think it should matter it is highly specific to the scenario. We have already noted a few time LS ability are usually less tiring but more technical..... or at least that's how I see it.

Character Name:Sith Lord Jaron morbus

Profession-Darth Malicious Personal assassin/Apprentice

Species-Human

Skill(s)-Skilled Duelist and can hide in plain sight when you think no ones there that's when he strikes his killing blow , speaks Basic, Huttess , Cheunh and the ancient sith language

Clothing-sith hooded robes with medium sith body armor on so he can move quickly and still take damage if he is exposed

Physical appearance: Leash scars of being wiped while at the sith academy on Korriban and the second then last line of the sith code tattooed on his arm in the sit language Ashajontû kotswinot itsu nuyak

Height: 6'3

Skin: Brownish red

Complexion: Youthful adult.

Eyes: light Blue

Build: moderately muscular

Items:

1.dual wielded lightsabers 1 with a (qixoni crystal)he inherit from his father and the other from his mother( Aqua focus cristal)

2.comlink

3.depends on what planet is chosen

history

Was born the son of Darths was trained at a young age to be his parents personal assassin trained as a warrior by his father and illusions by his mother once the great war started his mother were captured by the jedi while fighting on the Dathomir and later redeemed by the jedi council before his mother left the sith order she left her son his own lightsaber with a blue aqua crystal his father couldn't bring himself to kill the women he loves so let her flew Dromund kaas and rise his son as he saw fit using him to gain more power in the dark council and his own enemies but one day while Jaron Slept he had a vision of his mother running from a group of assassins fight killing everyone that comes close he recognizes the attackers they were sith followers of his father rival Darth nibus next thing he know his mother was slain and he awoke screaming to the top of his lungs his father already knowing why sent him to do what he does best and kill everyone of them

Lightsaber forms :

Shii Cho Moderate

Juyo mastered

Niman mastered

Shien /Djem so expert lvl 3

Makashi basic

atari basic

soresu basic

Force abilities

Force Speed mastered

Force cloak Mastered

Force stealth Basic

Force sight Moderate

Force empathy basic

Telepathy mastered

Telekinesis Moderate

Force jump moderate

Force Push/pull Moderate

Light saber throw basic

Force throw moderate

Force wave Moderate

Projected telepathy Mastered

Tutaminis moderate

Shatterpoint Basic

force deflection

force repulse Moderate

Force lightning Moderate

Force rage basic

Force slow basic

Force wound basic

Force scream basic

Force fear Moderate

Force grip moderate

Force choke moderate

Drain knowledge basic

Force horror Basic

Mind control Basic

Force destruction basic

149 total points

Planet Vote Taris

Jaron, can you please add how many points are used for each ability?

Side Note: This is going to sound rude, and it isn't meant to... but can you please use more punctuation?

After Thought: To achieve basic Force Destruction you need both Force Push and Force Wave mastered. Currently Force Wave is only at moderate.

Edited by Silenceo

Jaron, can you please add how many points are used for each ability?

Side Note: This is going to sound rude, and it isn't meant to... but can you please use more punctuation?

After Thought: To achieve basic Force Destruction you need both Force Push and Force Wave mastered. Currently Force Wave is only at moderate.

Yea sorry when i am typing i sometimes forget to add the punctuation expressly when i am invested in what i am doing. ok i will add the points as well and i thought it did but it wasn't mentioned so i thought i could get away with it :D

Edited by Jarons

Just to point out, even by the Dark Wars Qixoni crystals were extremely rare and well beyond the bounds of the Sith Empire at this time.

yes but it was given to him by his father who used it for his own personal lightsaber that he found as a young sith during the war but if you all think i shouldn't have it i will change it .

Edited by Jarons

Qixoni crystals came from the nebula of the same name, in the expansion region, millennia before the Jedi Civil War and were exceedingly rare, infact by the time of the Dark Wars(300 years before the GGW) they were almost non-existent. Edited by LadyKulvax