Credits can buy you 9 decorations.

Deewe

You're not a fan of RP for sure.

I for one can imagine various scenarios where such would make PERFECT sense, starting with the possibility that one of my characters wanted to invade an enemy stronghold and the ship was part of the ruse.

Again, the possibilities are endless. Shame that Bioware is apparently oblivious to this.

Like that time in Return of the Jedi that made no sense! :p

I never said it was my idea... just that I think that's their reasoning.

Waahhhhh. You've got some that can be purchased directly for credits. There are many that can be purchased through crafting materials which will be easy to obtain either by converting your normal crafting materials or buying off the GTN. There are several that come from achievements. There are some that come from PVP comms. The ones that can be purchased through Cartel Certificates aren't even that good. Basically that is just something different to spend Cartel Certificates and heaven forbid that the people subsidizing this game through CM purchases get a bone thrown their way. Queue the flood of forum tears. Most importantly, all of the decorations from CM packs will end up being sold on the GTN by people, which means you'll be able to buy those off the GTN for credits.

The CM came out almost 2 years ago. Get over it already. If the CM is still ruining your life, then find a new game to play. This game would be dead and gone if they hadn't added the CM to subsidize the game. Everything sold directly in the CM or in CM packs can be re-sold on the GTN. All of this stuff finds it way on the GTN. So BW gets the extra revenue to fund the game and everyone still has a way to buy this stuff (and it's basically all cosmetic stuff) with credits if they want to. If this stuff was just being added to regular vendors or as mission rewards, we'd be getting 1/10 of this stuff added to the game. With the CM, you get more cosmetic stuff added to the game and you can buy it off the GTN if you don't want to spend Cartel Coins.