The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bad at picking a skill tree what does each have and in your opinion which is better

Cryosword

for the powertech, if anyone could help?

Levelling, http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7484075&postcount=2

End Game:

DPS

Single Target - Pyrotech

AoE - Advanced Prototype

Shoot-yourself-in-the-foot - any hybrid, Shield Tech

TANKING

Single Target - Shield Tech

AoE - Advanced Prototype (not even kidding here, Advanced Prototype in Ion Gas Cylinder is tougher than shield tech in brontes)

Shoot-yourself-in-the-foot - Pyrotech

Edited by TACeMossie

Hey! I like my 8/20/18 hybrid!

I will admit, resource management in 8/20/18 is amazing. The only issues are RNG - Both PPA and Flame Barrage have a tendency to hate me when I try keep RB up 100% of the time.

I even played around with it till 2.8's pyro buffs were announced. Then I was like "SCREW IT. RNG IS RNG. FULL PYRO GOGOGO"

Also LOL at your sig - 2 months ago it would have been "Wait. Powertechs can do things other than Tank?"

Edited by TACeMossie

I will admit, resource management in 8/20/18 is amazing. The only issues are RNG - Both PPA and Flame Barrage have a tendency to hate me when I try keep RB up 100% of the time.

I even played around with it till 2.8's pyro buffs were announced. Then I was like "SCREW IT. RNG IS RNG. FULL PYRO GOGOGO"

Also LOL at your sig - 2 months ago it would have been "Wait. Powertechs can do things other than Tank?"

Yeah I tried parsing with it for the 1.5 mil and had 18 flame bursts with no flame barrage proc.

And I've been on the dps PT train for a looooooooong time, I heard a lowbie say that in DK gen chat and thought the irony was great. Actually thinking about it now 19/20 of my characters are dps, with a token merc healer I've had sitting around since 1.5 still with Tionese gear :o