The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

why do people spread the myth that boba fett was a bad ***?

he got beat by a bind guy and was too stupid to properly maintain his jetpack so it would work when he need it. they should have left him in the sarlac pit.

Tell me, do you ever have days where just nothing goes right for you, and others where it all goes perfect? This was one of Fett's bad days.

I am sure others here can illustrate it better, but he was kinda trying to deal with a jedi without dying, hard to attack some one coming at you from behind. Not to mention that Han Solo is the "Luckiest man in the galaxy" nor the fact that any damage at all to jetpacks cause them to cease to function or to malfunction. We see such things numerous times, such as when Darth Maul faces off against Previzla in TCW.

Not to mention he was severely out of his element here. Fett isn't the top dog in the Bounty Hunting game due to his great precision or his arsenal of weaponry in his armor alone. He is the best because he uses his mind to win battles before they even begin, yet here he is forced to make due with not one, but two Main Characters with severe plot armor, with no pre-planning what so ever.

Without the plot armor even without pre-planning to most other individuals Fett could have recovered, but even here he could have. If they were not directly over a pit. If they were just over sand or some such that would have merely been round 1, and he would have gotten right back up for round 2.

As for the whole why everyone thinks he is so epic thing... Well...read basically anything that has him in the story in any fashion at all and he will always be viewed as one of those guys that is always a threat.

Plot Armor, CIS, PIS, and extremely situational circumstances is what defeated Boba Fett that fateful day, though being the B@ that he is, he of course drags himself out.

Boba Fett is not to be underestimated...

Edited by Silenceo

Star Wars is Star Wars because we fans overhype so many of it's characters.

Not nearly as bad as most other popular fiction franchise. Such as WH40K...Or Halo... Or Marvel... Sometimes DC. Then again, Superheroes are easy to hype...

I was confused by this thread until I realized you are that bad at trolling.

On the off-chance you really just don't know what you're talking about and you just poorly articulated yourself:

Reasons and stuff

Have a nice day.

EDIT:

Star Wars is Star Wars because we fans overhype so many of it's characters.
No more than any other franchise. Infact Star Wars is pretty good about keeping fanboyism to a minimum. Talk to a few of the model builder guys who enjoy the ship-design stuff or the administrators over in Wookieepedia and you'll find quite a few rational and intelligent people.

Of course, Star Wars is a franchise geared in part towards children as well so you get what you get...

Edited by StarSquirrel

With his customized Mandalorian armor, deadly weaponry, and silent demeanor, Boba Fett was one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy. A genetic clone of his “father,” bounty hunter Jango Fett, Boba learned combat and martial skills from a young age. Over the course of his career, which included contracts for the Empire and the criminal underworld, he became a legend.

--Taken from the Star Wars Databank

So, to answer your question. He is a bad@ss.

I love the Fett Man, but that's because he looked awesome and so he got alot of love from the EU world.

So we could over look the whole death thing, lol

Fett has changed though for me because of the more recent movies; He became a clone which made him a glorified storm trooper really. I am not a fan of that decision.

Clone Wars cartoon did him some justice though. :cool:

I am afraid that now that Disney has rejected the EU for any continuation with the new films, I think Boba Fett is going to stay dead.

No more EPIC Sarlacc escape.

I love the Fett Man, but that's because he looked awesome and so he got alot of love from the EU world.

So we could over look the whole death thing, lol

Fett has changed though for me because of the more recent movies; He became a clone which made him a glorified storm trooper really. I am not a fan of that decision.

Clone Wars cartoon did him some justice though. :cool:

I am afraid that now that Disney has rejected the EU for any continuation with the new films, I think Boba Fett is going to stay dead.

No more EPIC Sarlacc escape.

Del Rey said something about that, I can't remember what they said but it was something along the lines of "unconfirmed, but we prefer to look on the bright side" or something. So Fett could well be alive.

they should have left him in the sarlac pit.

People that saw the movies thought he was cool, so he was brought back.

He didn't have many lines in the movies but even Lord Vader listened, sort of. His armor looked cool - functional and loaded with weapons but also dented, scuffed and with patches of missing paint. And that Imperial Officer called the bounty hunters "scum" which immediately gained them points with everyone rooting for the heroic rebels to win.

Del Rey said something about that, I can't remember what they said but it was something along the lines of "unconfirmed, but we prefer to look on the bright side" or something. So Fett could well be alive.

That would be pretty much....awesome . :cool:

He survived the Sarlacc pit, which no one else has ever done...so I think he kind of redeems himself. Also **** Episode II, the extended universe novels gave him an awesome background and storyline; one that was WAY better than clones and Jango Fett.