Annihilation PVE

Cjirucha

Hey guys I just switched from carnage to annihilation for PVE and man does it feel strange. Going from pretty much on demand burst to sustained dots just feels...weird. Anyway, I was wondering what you guys think about the rotations posted on dulfy for the spec? So far I've been trying to use those and I feel a little clunky but they seem to be decent. I was also wondering how you guys avoid clipping rupture. I did TFB last night and there were so many freaking dots on the boss when rupture proced I just had to guess whether or not 6 sec had passed since I last cast it. Haha not ideal. Overall, I'm starting to really enjoy the spec but any additional tips/tricks would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys I just switched from carnage to annihilation for PVE and man does it feel strange. Going from pretty much on demand burst to sustained dots just feels...weird. Anyway, I was wondering what you guys think about the rotations posted on dulfy for the spec? So far I've been trying to use those and I feel a little clunky but they seem to be decent. I was also wondering how you guys avoid clipping rupture. I did TFB last night and there were so many freaking dots on the boss when rupture proced I just had to guess whether or not 6 sec had passed since I last cast it. Haha not ideal. Overall, I'm starting to really enjoy the spec but any additional tips/tricks would be appreciated.

I'm in your shoes as well, just made the switch from Carnage to Anni and I really enjoy it! I only PvE so I can't speak for PvP, but the sustained dps I'm getting now is much better and it's just more fun to play now. Good luck and have fun!

I'm in your shoes as well, just made the switch from Carnage to Anni and I really enjoy it! I only PvE so I can't speak for PvP, but the sustained dps I'm getting now is much better and it's just more fun to play now. Good luck and have fun!

I'm on the opposite side. Was Annihilation spec since game start, just moved to Carnage. Really missing those self-heals and dots, but love the burst.

• 2 weeks later...

the best way to judge the 6 seconds of rupture is this

when you apply the dot it is applied for 6 seconds. When you use the ability it has a gcd of 1.5 seconds so you are already down to 4.5 seconds before it needs to be reapplied so with that you can do a few different things

Filler > Filler > Filler (dot needs refreshing) > Rupture repeat

each filler spot takes up 1.5 seconds. ideally one of these moves will be annihilate to proc rupture more specifically the first filler to get that internal gcd moving as soon as possible.

There are many possible scenarios that i wont go over all of because they are situational so ill just touch on a few points.

If you decide to use ravage in this window. Remember that it takes 3 seconds to channel so you only have room for one other ability before you use rupture again.

Deadly saber is off gcd so do not count that as one of your fillers if you do you will clip rupture.

also be aware of your rage you do not want to get to the rupture refresh and be out of rage and like wise you do not want to be out of rage when its time to hit anni so in order to hit both of these you need to have at least 6 rage when you start the beginning of refreshing rupture 2 for rupture and 4 for anni.