Returning Player - How's the game holding up?

Kaii

Its probably at its best point since release, especially with housing coming up on version 2.9.

Naturally, a game SHOULD get better. So... good luck and have fun.

Indeed. I'd say it's doing quite well! Housing will be in-game sometime mid August, along with the continuation of a storyline that started last update, and that leads to a RotHC sized update later this year which will continue it even further.

2.4 ~ October 2013 - that was the last time anything worth getting excited about was released...

Why am I here then?

Star Wars, and lightsabers, and all that...

But it is wearing thin... 50 million credits for Guild ships and 50 million credits to unlock legacy storage aren't helping.

Bioware/EA are really being stupid with the long term future of this game. They are making short term decisions that might well make profits now, but won't hold up over time.

But then again, EA is famous for doing that, so I shouldn't be surprised... :(

Welcome back...

Unless you are a high end raider or a high end PvPer the game is in excellent shape right now. They just added and are in the process of adding some great QoL and casual content with another expansion a few months away.

High end PvE and PvP though is not in very good shape due to lack of content and support.

Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.

I see what you did there. :p

But yeah, Infernixx is correct. The game lets you bathe in credits, and guild ships are going to be released as a very highly prestige item for capable guilds. As for the legacy storage, I'm guessing that'll be nerfed in price, but at the very least mail accomplishes the same thing as legacy storage and is dirt cheap to boot.

Somewhat fine, aside from the absurd cost of legacy storage that I hope is just a serious mistake. The new flashpoint appears to be good, the legacy strongholds look nice.

Right now, its been fairly weak for end game PVErs and PVPers, with no ops released since Dread fortress and palace and only one map released for PVPers in May. Hopefully there is more information to come after GSH has come out.