Guildships COST 50 MILLION CREDITS!?

AgentMarakesh

I don't mind the 50 million price. And I'm not rich. Both my pub and imp guilds have already come up with enough money within a week. I wouldn't want them to change the price because It would be cool for something in this game that a select few could have. It's not supposed to be easy, people!!!

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Section X daily generates about 200k for a single daily.

Say your tiny guild has 10 people doing it together for funzies - that's about 2 mil in about less than an hour !

Now say you decided to apply the same principle to Oricon which incidentally generates about over 200k too

That's a whooping 4 mil in less than 2 hours ! Just lazily killing stuff ... :D

And you dare cry crocodile tears ?

I chuckle

Ofc Section X nets about 200k - but that's besides the point. Even if you made 150k my point is still more than valid.

A 10 people guild effort would still make 1.5 mil in less than an hour .

Now you do the maths over a few other dailies, how fast can you make the 50 mil?

It's so easy it's obscene.

Ofc Section X nets about 200k - but that's besides the point. Even if you made 150k my point is still more than valid.

A 10 people guild effort would still make 1.5 mil in less than an hour .

Now you do the maths over a few other dailies, how fast can you make the 50 mil?

It's so easy it's obscene.

103k. The math is here on the forums...no need to guess.

Well, now that you put it like that, I'm totally convinced! :rolleyes:

What else needs to be said? We have about 3 weeks til Guild Ships go live and if people want it badly enough, they can easily make 50mil. Most guilds are 'not' 4-5 man groups, but even those small groups can earn a ship with minimal effort, eventually. If they want it on the 19th, that'll require more money, naturally, but simply doing dailies 2-3 times a week will net you millions per week per character.

In short, time is money. The more time you spend working on a goal, the quicker you can achieve it. This is a fundamental truth that transcends gaming and is basically a truth of life. Those who have the ability to put more time into this game will see greater success at it. This does not invalidate others' efforts, nor is it unfair to those who can't put as much time into the game. It's just life.

Sorry, but that's just how life works. You can rage at the unfairness of it all, but it's no different from real life. Those who spend 12 months out of the year going to college will see a degree sooner than those who take 3 classes per year. They may burn out faster than the part-timer, but that's not unfair either. We all work at our own pace.

Guild Ships and Conquest are long-term whole-guild goals. If everyone contributes, then it'll be easier than simply relying on 1-3 rich players. And it'll be a lot easier than raging about costs.

In short, 50mil is a lot for a single player. It's not a lot for any guild.

What else needs to be said? We have about 3 weeks til Guild Ships go live and if people want it badly enough, they can easily make 50mil. Most guilds are 'not' 4-5 man groups, but even those small groups can earn a ship with minimal effort, eventually. If they want it on the 19th, that'll require more money, naturally, but simply doing dailies 2-3 times a week will net you millions per week per character.

In short, time is money. The more time you spend working on a goal, the quicker you can achieve it. This is a fundamental truth that transcends gaming and is basically a truth of life. Those who have the ability to put more time into this game will see greater success at it. This does not invalidate others' efforts, nor is it unfair to those who can't put as much time into the game. It's just life.

Sorry, but that's just how life works. You can rage at the unfairness of it all, but it's no different from real life. Those who spend 12 months out of the year going to college will see a degree sooner than those who take 3 classes per year. They may burn out faster than the part-timer, but that's not unfair either. We all work at our own pace.

Guild Ships and Conquest are long-term whole-guild goals. If everyone contributes, then it'll be easier than simply relying on 1-3 rich players. And it'll be a lot easier than raging about costs.

In short, 50mil is a lot for a single player. It's not a lot for any guild.

It's even easier and quicker to get if you simply convert CC to credits via the CM and GTN. People crying about wanting others to make an effort (or even their own guild make an effort) to make this feel like an accomplishment are barking up the wrong tree. The guild ships, like pretty much anything else can be bought with cash, plain and simple. Not that I find anything wrong with that.

However, I think a valid point of contention is gating the primary content of a major content patch behind a paywall (be it credits or CC is irrelevent). Essentially, for the person who does not want to spend anything, there is no content whatsoever for them to partake in when the patch drops. I don't see what the problem would be if BW were to unlock the base guild ship for all guilds at no cost, and simply keep further unlocks, including the access to conquests behind the paywall. That way, guilds who have no interest in conquests still get a new toy to play with when the patch drops, and the "work" everyone else wants to do for the unlocks is still there.

103k. The math is here on the forums...no need to guess.

from missions only you are correct.

When you count what you get from drops and selling back rep it is closer to 150k (depending on your luck). Personal I do CZ-198, faster and plenty of Matts. I also do black hole, again faster and if you solo CtS you can get some very good credits. I also do the heroic on Ilum, again solo so I get all the credits and I just kill everything I see. In total I will spend 30 to 45 mins doing dailiy 4 or 5 times a week on one character (slinger) and I can make close to 4 million in two weeks. Not selling anything except drops to vendors. At least once during those two weeks I will do all or ilum, section x and the oricon weekly. Again I solo heroics uless someone is asking for help in chat. i want the credits, but will forgo them if someone needs the mission. (No I don't solo the heroic on section x. I would if I could but I can't) CtS and Ilum any 55 can.

Before Oricon came out, I went from like 100k to 10 million credits doing dailies for the achievement. However, that was no fun it was a grind, but I really wanted the achievement so I did what I had to do.

Edited by mikebevo

Negative. Missions AND loot.

Section X

Bio Reform, 7175

Imminent Threat, 7175

Priority Containment, 7175

The Dread Guard, 9330

[Heroic 4] Long Shots, 16147

[Area 2+] Key to Decryption, 11196

Total Quest #7 58198

Total Time 30 minutes

Loot #7 45048

Edited by TUXs

My guild is small, maybe got about 7 people actively donating. I see that 50 mill is a lot, but it's a frigging spaceship.

For the past 3 days we have been hitting dailies hard and pvp hard. We have raised 11.3 mil in 3 days. )(some stuff sold on GTN.

When we hit 50 mill not only will it be a victory that brings the guild closer, but it will be very uplifting. 39 mil to go! Wish us luck!

Yup. This is the way, IMO, guilds with any decent membership or leadership will handle it, irrespective of size. You have an attainable goal, you organize a little and you accomplish it. 50 mil is not a hardship, but rather a means to more fun.

So... instead of whining about the 50 mil, you get your guildies together and come up with a plan. You don't have to spend 24/7 doing it and you don't have to be hardcore because, lets be honest, making creds in this game is easy.

I think people, and I will generalize, are some what traumatized by the number because of their spending habits. So... adjust your expenditures a little bit and organize. I think most will find it isn't hard to get 50 mill and there will be great satisfaction in achieving it once you and your guildies are in your ship traveling to your first conquest.

Before Oricon came out, I went from like 100k to 10 million credits doing dailies for the achievement. However, that was no fun it was a grind, but I really wanted the achievement so I did what I had to do.

What part of the game prevented you from spending those credits as quickly as you earned them, like everyone else does? Did you check a hidden checkbox or something? ;)

My guild is small, maybe got about 7 people actively donating. I see that 50 mill is a lot, but it's a frigging spaceship.

For the past 3 days we have been hitting dailies hard and pvp hard. We have raised 11.3 mil in 3 days. )(some stuff sold on GTN.

When we hit 50 mill not only will it be a victory that brings the guild closer, but it will be very uplifting. 39 mil to go! Wish us luck!

You are awesome! Good luck to you and your guild!

What part of the game prevented you from spending those credits as quickly as you earned them, like everyone else does? Did you check a hidden checkbox or something? ;)

The part that said they wouldn't give me the achivement and title unless I had the credits. :p I don't display titles, but I really like titles.

man, people these days cant read(or maybe its the comprehension)

20 million credits=/= little or no effort. as hard as that might be for you to understand. saying something is overpriced does not mean you want it for free. it isnt that hard to understand, at least for adults.

50m isnt overpriced stop crying about how its overpriced. I can buy a guild ship myself so it shouldnt be hard for a guild to make 50m in no time. 50m is pretty low in my opinion i was expecting at least 100m. Plenty of ways to make credits with little time you guys have to play an mmo credits are easy to make if you know the ways.

When you count what you get from drops and selling back rep it is closer to 150k (depending on your luck). Personal I do CZ-198, faster and plenty of Matts. I also do black hole, again faster and if you solo CtS you can get some very good credits. I also do the heroic on Ilum, again solo so I get all the credits and I just kill everything I see. In total I will spend 30 to 45 mins doing dailiy 4 or 5 times a week on one character (slinger) and I can make close to 4 million in two weeks. Not selling anything except drops to vendors. At least once during those two weeks I will do all or ilum, section x and the oricon weekly.

Yep. And with enough geared alts, you can do nothing but weeklies to maximize your creds/hour --- except maybe on Czerka, where the need to do two FP may or may not make it less profitable per minute -- I have not checked.

Also, it is important to include the value of the Basic comms, which are readily convertible to credits via Isotope-5. That makes Basic comms worth about 2K each, which adds up pretty fast.

Yep. And with enough geared alts, you can do nothing but weeklies to maximize your creds/hour --- except maybe on Czerka, where the need to do two FP may or may not make it less profitable per minute -- I have not checked.

Also, it is important to include the value of the Basic comms, which are readily convertible to credits via Isotope-5. That makes Basic comms worth about 2K each, which adds up pretty fast.

Another easy fast way to get credits is go to ilum and solo SM 50 fps on level 55 toon. Very easy even in S&V and TFB level gear and entertaining too. Get some different lines doing them solo with a companion. I do this sometimes on slinger and sage (heal spec) for fun, but you can make a ton of credits for the time spent. My sawbones is the best geared toon I have and has the best geared companions, but with flyby nerf it is just too slow. Edited by mikebevo

Another easy fast way to get credits is go to ilum and solo SM 50 fps on level 55 toon. Very easy even in S&V and TFB level gear and entertaining too.

I'll have to try that on my 180/186 geared Sorcs and Sage in DPS spec. Nothing beats a Sorc/Sage for killing trash mobs IMO. :)

Thanks for your opinion. That is all it is. Not everyone spends all their credits on the GTN. If you have a link to show the proof I will gladly click it. I have coffee take your time.

Thanks for your opinion. That is all it is. Not everyone spends all their credits on the GTN. If you have a link to show the proof I will gladly click it. I have coffee take your time.

The surest sign of a critical thinker - asking for proof where none can possibly be provided to support a clearly facetious statement. Hit too close to home?

Enjoy that coffee.

The surest sign of a critical thinker - asking for proof where none can possibly be provided to support a clearly facetious statement. Hit too close to home?

Enjoy that coffee.

Not really but doesn't matter. Yes I am enjoying my coffee..Thanks

I completely support the idea of allowing the donation of CC to the guild bank and unlocking the ship with CC (or a mix of CC and credits, since it's a much larger amount than anything else we've seen so far).

If I could choose between "working" dailies for 50 hours (according to some estimates in this thread, that would get be something between 5 and 15 million credits) and working in the office for 5 hours for the same result the choice will be easy.

Edited by Shoraan