DK stronghold livestream notes and pics

Iwipe

That's completely different.

A volcano? Ridiculously low odds.

But, they'd been talking about which chat to use in each stronghold so surely this should have crossed their mind.

But it doesn't matter, it would have been discovered in testing at least.

The real solution here is to just hire me :p

The truth comes out you just want to get in the office to try and snag some of the concept art off the walls!!! :p

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here you go again exaggerating wildly again....mixing chat channels hardly compares to a vulcano erupting in the middle of town, now does it?

It was an EXAMPLE based on my real life work. I used something not likely to happen in a state like Missouri I could have just as easily used a Hurricane as opposed to volcano.

Edited by Anaesha

You cannot place credits in legacy storage.

Fleet chat is still on fleet, we don’t want to deplete the fleet.

Alright, well, these two are not good news IMO. So for me.....

Pros

Almost every type of terminal can be placed.

Legacy storage will work for crafting materials like normal cargo storage does.

Stronghold is a travel point that can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

Just about everything else.

So, at least it has some appeal to me, unlike GSF that had zero appeal for me, generally speaking. Thats a mild improvement, but not exactly knocking my socks off.

Funny...all it would have taken would have been credit storage for me to feel like this was a win.

I don't know if this really justifies a sub. Short of trying it out I really feel like it doesn't at this time...perhaps when I try it out I will feel differently.

Edited by LordArtemis

I find stuff such as this weird though...

I mean... Seriously? Is it possible they never actually considered this to happen? :confused:

they might have considered it they just might not have had the answer on them at the time, but its more likely than not that they considered it when making the coruscant and dromund kaas strongholds, just again they might not have had the answer with them at the time.

It was an EXAMPLE based on my real life work. I used something not likely to happen in a state like Missouri I could have just as easily used a Hurricane as opposed to volcano.

The idea of an example is that it's relatively close so that the comparison makes sense. When you use an example like a vulcano, which is a huge issue, and then compare it to this chat issue, which is rather minor, the whole point of your comparison that you apparently intended gets lost.

The idea of an example is that it's relatively close so that the comparison makes sense. When you use an example like a vulcano, which is a huge issue, and then compare it to this chat issue, which is rather minor, the whole point of your comparison that you apparently intended gets lost.

Yes it's MINOR in comparison but with the way people around here ***** about things like this and make mountains out of molehills every time they find something else they don't like about GSH I figured it works fine as an example. :D

Yes it's MINOR in comparison but with the way people around here ***** about things like this and make mountains out of molehills every time they find something else they don't like about GSH I figured it works fine as an example. :D

Sad as it may be, you do have a point there lol.

so yeah, thanks for the crafting storage, I guess? What exactly is the point of this thing again?

Aside from shared crafting storage, which is actually a big deal to some of us, I will also be happy to stick all my legacy bound gear in here. The idea that all my legacy orange gear is in one place and I can move mods without having to use the mail system is also a great thing to me.

If a character gets a drop and wants to send the mods to an alt, chances are the legacy gear is on another toon as it is. Then I have to log onto the other toon and send orange legacy gear to the other character, then remod and send it to the character the mods are for after wich I have to send the legacy orange gear back to the character who has all of them for safe keeping.

With the legacy storage it saves me 4 mail messages and 1-2 character relogs. To me that's a great thing.

Also items like the mggs and hydro thinner etc can be easily shared, not to mention found. Or items like the legacy relics. Once you have a number of characters and forgot which one had what.

Sure I really wished it could hold credits as well, but it certainly is more than just crafting storage to me.

Aside from shared crafting storage, which is actually a big deal to some of us, I will also be happy to stick all my legacy bound gear in here. The idea that all my legacy orange gear is in one place and I can move mods without having to use the mail system is also a great thing to me.

If a character gets a drop and wants to send the mods to an alt, chances are the legacy gear is on another toon as it is. Then I have to log onto the other toon and send orange legacy gear to the other character, then remod and send it to the character the mods are for after wich I have to send the legacy orange gear back to the character who has all of them for safe keeping.

With the legacy storage it saves me 4 mail messages and 1-2 character relogs. To me that's a great thing.

Also items like the mggs and hydro thinner etc can be easily shared, not to mention found. Or items like the legacy relics. Once you have a number of characters and forgot which one had what.

Sure I really wished it could hold credits as well, but it certainly is more than just crafting storage to me.

that seems like a lot of development time to save you what, 3 minutes while you send those 4 mail messages & logged in & out of 2 characters?

that seems like a lot of development time to save you what, 3 minutes while you send those 4 mail messages & logged in & out of 2 characters?

You clearly don't have a lot of characters. I switch back and forth constantly to move gear and items around. Think of an item that you have on one of your 21 characters but you forget which one.... Now I can stick such items in a legacy bank. Believe it or not but this will literally save me hours each week.

You clearly don't have a lot of characters. I switch back and forth constantly to move gear and items around. Think of an item that you have on one of your 21 characters but you forget which one.... Now I can stick such items in a legacy bank. Believe it or not but this will literally save me hours each week.

I guess not as I only have 11. If you have been a sub for a while, aren't you getting the 4 crates of legacy armor on each of your characters? Personally each of my characters opens up & unloads a single one of the crates & stores it in their bank, that way everyone in my legacy can mail stuff pretty much at any time to another member of my legacy. No additional GHS nonsense required.

Edited by Lorrimar

I guess not as I only have 11. If you have been a sub for a while, aren't you getting the 4 crates of legacy armor on each of your characters? Personally each of my characters opens up & unloads a single one of the crates & stores it in their bank, that way everyone in my legacy can mail stuff pretty much at any time to another member of my legacy. No additional GHS nonsense required.

Well yes but I don't want to open too many of those legacy sets as they just end up taking up space. I am sure everyone has their own way of doing things but for me this legacy storage, though not entirely what I hoped for, is certainly more than a crafter's storage, that's all I'm saying.

Well yes but I don't want to open too many of those legacy sets as they just end up taking up space. I am sure everyone has their own way of doing things but for me this legacy storage, though not entirely what I hoped for, is certainly more than a crafter's storage, that's all I'm saying.

my apologies brother, I did not mean to spit my venom at you. I am just so damn disappointed that after all this time, this is the garbage that we get. Instead of being something that could have been incredibly useful & helpful.

[Legacy storage] is certainly more than a crafter's storage, that's all I'm saying.

Yep. Stims, adrenals, grenades, grappling guns, Burba excavators, and so on can all be stored there, and when a toon needs one of those, you don't have to "logout ... wait ... login ... wait ... logout ... wait ... login" to get it. You just quick-bop back to your Stronghold, get what you need, and bop right back to where you were.

Very nice. And subscribers as of last Tuesday get it for FREE. So what's to complain about?

my apologies brother, I did not mean to spit my venom at you. I am just so damn disappointed that after all this time, this is the garbage that we get. Instead of being something that could have been incredibly useful & helpful.

Ah no worries, I do get that. It's not entirely what I hoped for either but I am trying to be happy with the things it does do for me and at least there are some things.

All in all I think what happened is that we've been waiting for new content for such a long time now that we get a bit parched for new stuff and then you want a big drink and not a small one. I like the housing as such and I do like having a legacy storage, but then I asked for that the minute this game went live and well the delay didn't help.

It just seems that we have to be more patient than is reasonable sometimes and because they do so much cloak and dagger stuff about revealing what's coming it kinda wears you down.

All to say, I do get your frustration, so no harm done :cool:

We get the stronghold for free...it still remains to be seen exactly what that includes. My understanding is that we get a single plane legacy storage hold...but that could change.

Not sure about anything else at this point. Perhaps others could speak to this point better.

Yep. Stims, adrenals, grenades, grappling guns, Burba excavators, and so on can all be stored there, and when a toon needs one of those, you don't have to "logout ... wait ... login ... wait ... logout ... wait ... login" to get it. You just quick-bop back to your Stronghold, get what you need, and bop right back to where you were.

Very nice. And subscribers as of last Tuesday get it for FREE. So what's to complain about?

Well and I am happy with what it can do as such, but I would've expected to be able to stick credits in there as well, but yeh it's not all bad ;)

You cannot place credits in legacy storage.

Fleet chat is still on fleet, we don’t want to deplete the fleet.

Alright, well, these two are not good news IMO. So for me.....

Pros

Almost every type of terminal can be placed.

Legacy storage will work for crafting materials like normal cargo storage does.

Stronghold is a travel point that can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

Just about everything else.

**snip

Funny...all it would have taken would have been credit storage for me to feel like this was a win.

I don't know if this really justifies a sub. Short of trying it out I really feel like it doesn't at this time...perhaps when I try it out I will feel differently.

Well got the exact same view plus:

• Terminals in strongholds not as good as remote access to emails and GTN
  • Would add the ability to have companion get (drop) items from (in) cargohold
  • Guild bank shared between alts, is but for crafters, better than Legacy Storage

Or you can create your own guild hop on the fleet, go to guild bank and even share your credits with your alts.

Although you'd have not to join a player's guild with your toons.

Still to be honest being able to automatically get components from the Legacy Storage is good.

Now it will all depends how much each tab will cost.

Honestly...anyone who wants fleet chat in strongholds....just...spend an hour on fleet impside on the Harbinger server, and just watch the idiocy that spews forth from that cesspool. I, for one, am glad to finally have a place to go and get away from fleet chat when I'm not out doing my runs. Planet chat isn't the answer, either, because I can just imagine these idiots trolling new players on the capitol worlds. Someone trying to group for a heroic on DK, they're A) going to get lost in the scroll, or B) get called a noob and told to solo it, scrub. Strongholds need their own channel, IMHO. Circumvents the whole "Pubs seeing DK/Imps seeing Coruscant" issue. Gold farmers will be dealt with, as they aren't going to go through the trouble to create strongholds every time they get banned (and if they come into public houses, they can be kicked/banned from those by the owners/keyholders), and it's not polluting the planet chat with the stupidity, and unwarranted vitriol of fleet chat. Sure, planets have their own inane drivel, but nowhere near as bad as fleet.

It should be three chats.....stronghold chat, world chat, fleet chat, with tabs.

That way you can select any of them you wish to view....or none at all.

Just my view. I understand why they chose to leave out fleet chat....I don't agree with it, and I think the decision is myopic, but.....its not the first foolish decision they have made IMO.

And to their credit they don't make many foolish decisions, at least not compared to the original dev team which brought foolish decisions to a new level of artform IMO.

They have added quite a bit of fantastic stuff to the game IMO, and the game is better for it, far better for it than I expected it would be.

But GSF and this....yea, not sexy IMO.