The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Rebels Canon

unibim

Some guy got somewhere Rebels Visual Guide and told about some canon changes:

(Copypaste from site ;) )

First off the big change: Kessel, its now a full sized planet with a royal family vs its EU 'planetiod' broken up planet status. There is also clearly an atmosphere (yellow/brown, maybe due to all the mining) if you saw the Rebels trailer Kessel is where Kanan turned on his lightsaber. No word on the Maw or its moon, so they could or could not survive at this point. That said I didn't see the Maw in the background, but it was a very zoomed in pic... so no word on the Kessel run and the whole 12 parsecs explaination.

Next off, so far its all original characters or movie characters. No Legends character did get confirmed here.

As to things that crossed over: well, they didn't say it clearly, being a kids book, but spice from kessel is 'medicinal' but illegal which maybe implies drug in the bad way.

Next off a few obvious thing, as many had guessed, the Phantom is a short ranged fighter that fits inside the Ghost, an idea adapted from the EU. The Ghost and phantom are 'stealthy' though never use that word, so like Slave 1 or the Sith Infiltrator but not nearly as advanced was the implcation i got, they also flatout said it couldnt cloak. The Star Destroyers of this era are Imperial 1 class (Ions where listed as part of its weaponary but never pointed to on the model, so not sure if that was just DK using old data or confirmed) as was obvious in the early release pic (only listing it here to confirm it survived production apperently) based on its sensor tower having that x shape. Wookiee slave as the trailer gave away, where sent the the spice mines of kessel. It wasn't stated when, but the wookiee homewold Kashyyyk has been taken invaded and taken over by the Empire.

Also "The empire looks down on alien species" on a seperate page talking about the imperial ranks being mostly human. So their bigotry is now canon... (and just to say it again, most stormtroopers are loyal 'but not bright' citizens not clones)

However the thing that got introduced. Disruptor weaponary and apperently its effects on living targets instead of its intended target of ships is 'grusome' and apperently it has a plot conection to one of the new cast (so I won't say anymore).

*shrug* Kessel has been potrayed in lore in a dozen different ways it seems... as long as its brown, there are mines, and there are spiders. I can accept this retcon. Not sure how a royal family really fits into this though...

And Stormtroopers always were kinda dumb, in my eyes. Wolf will hate me for this but Stormtroopers = fodder.