What you BoP people should be asking for is....

Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Bind on Legacy item converter.

Rather than them go thru the huge hassle of redesigning LS to let you put BOP items in there for your alts, you should be asking for a service to convert your BOP items (for a fee) into BOL if you so desire.....

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/51522587.jpg

No. BoP is a useless antique of a bygone era. Time to move on.

No.

What they're asking is for Bioware to substantially cut down the need to play content on your every single LV55 you have, only to complain about it shortly after.

No. This would increase playability. There is no benefit whatsoever to having BoP items, when they could be BoL. It's still my item. Let me use it on the character that I see fit.

No.

What they're asking is for Bioware to substantially cut down the need to play content on your every single LV55 you have, only to complain about it shortly after.

Agreed. Rather than retooling the Binding system, Bioware should focus on developing new content. The binding systems is working fine as intended.

No. This would increase playability. There is no benefit whatsoever to having BoP items, when they could be BoL. It's still my item. Let me use it on the character that I see fit.

How would exactly increase "playability", if people would have less of a reason to do whatever piece of content that drops whatever item?

Makes no sense.

No. ... There is no benefit whatsoever to having BoP items, when they could be BoL. It's still my item. Let me use it on the character that I see fit.

Wrong on all points. It's not your item, it's BioWare's item. Check the ToS, I am sure you will find that's true. And BioWare has decided that for BioWare's BoP Earpieces, Implants, and Relics, only the toon that earned it can use. Whether you benefit from that doesn't matter, if BioWare benefits from it. And since they bothered to put BoP mechanics in the code, the presumption is that they do.

BoP is fine, there is no reason to change it. Those trying to change it or remove it only want to decrease their reasoning for playing which is silly.

These are EXACTLY THE SAME people who complain on the General Chat, on every single server I've been, that...

BAHHHH... MY 180 ARMOR SET IS FULL OF CRAP I DON'T NEED. I HAVE TO ITEM... ITEMENGN... "ITEMINEZITE" IT.

I find it silly for tank gear to have alacrity; Accuracy would be fine, which is what they used to do but even so, itemization is a basic staple for every single MMO out there.

Same with GRINDING for gear I guess. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

These are EXACTLY THE SAME people who complain on the General Chat, on every single server I've been, that...

I find it silly for tank gear to have alacrity; Accuracy would be fine, which is what they use to do but even so, itemization is a basic staple for every single MMO out there.

Same with GRINDING for gear I guess. :D

Well to be fair Alacrity on tank gear is silly Itemization but is irrelevant because it's easily replace by "playing the content."

I'm with reno and wicked on this.

I get the uneasy feeling of an underlying "I don't want to have to re-do all the content with my third LvL 55 character" vibe to all these requests for BoP to be removed.

Yet again you all are making assumptions. I do EVERYTHING I can from lvl 1 to 55 on EVERY char I make even though I use gear from my collections and craft my own armor and weapon mods.

I do that too and I don't have a problem with BoP.

I also on occasion when I don't have enough mats buy items from the mods vendors which become bounds once used. those are the main items I would like to see BOL instead of BOE to one char.

YES I KNOW I can put them in legacy gear and mail them but by them being BOL it removed all that BS.

Yet again you all are making assumptions. I do EVERYTHING I can from lvl 1 to 55 on EVERY char I make even though I use gear from my collections and craft my own armor and weapon mods.

If such is the case, then "Legacy" stuff is something that shouldn't exist in the game for the likes of you, nor is this something you should crave I guess. :D

If such is the case, then "Legacy" stuff is something that shouldn't exist in the game for the likes of you, nor is this something you should crave I guess. :D

I only want items like Armor plating, mods, enhancements, hilts, and barrels BOL for easier recycling. Endgame armors, weapons, implants, earpieces, and relics I could careless about. :p

I only want items like Armor plating, mods, enhancements, hilts, and barrels BOL for easier recycling. Endgame armors, weapons, implants, earpieces, and relics I could careless about. :p

But you can already trade those around using Legacy shells and Legacy weapons from the Gree and Rakghoul events.

EDIT:

Also BBA.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

But you can already trade those around using Legacy shells and Legacy weapons from the Gree and Rakghoul events.

EDIT:

Also BBA.

Yes and it's annoying as **** having to do that BS every time I want to send those items to another char when I could just drop them into LS and get them out on the alt I needed them on.

Yes and it's annoying as **** having to do that BS every time I want to send those items to another char when I could just drop them into LS and get them out on the alt I needed them on.

To the people defending BOP they don't have any empathy for that, and in fact gleefully insist that's the way it should be. :)

Again, I ask: If my merc picks up a lightsaber, which is completely useless to her and all of her companions, why can't she send it to her brother, the jugg?

"Hey, bro, I killed a Jedi and thought you'd like this spiffy lightsaber of his. Happy Life Day!"

Again, I ask: If my merc picks up a lightsaber, which is completely useless to her and all of her companions, why can't she send it to her brother, the jugg?

"Hey, bro, I killed a Jedi and thought you'd like this spiffy lightsaber of his. Happy Life Day!"

That's the marvelous thing! You already can do this, they just don't want to make it easier.

And yet they celebrate that they can finally share crafting mats between characters! Oh wait, you can already do that, LS just makes it easier.

You can send the mods inside, NOT the weapon itself.

It makes no sense for people to want to use that which THEY HAVEN'T EARNED, as far as the shells are concerned.

If it is that IMPORTANT for you though, you can always try to purchase the weapon from the GTN, from a crafter.

That way, you're promoting crafting and people will have less of a reason to b**ch that the CM is sucking the life out of this game. Win Win, right? :cool:

EDIT:

Plus everyone can point out who didn't actually walk the extra mile for that sassy piece of gear you're using.

Edited by Darth_Wicked