Leaked video - new defensive ability for NovaDive / Blackbolt (maybe other ships too)

Bolo_Yeung

Yes it does.

No, it doesn't.

What happens, which you are assuming is similar, is this:

1)- You begin boosting.

2)- Your connection to server is broken.

3)- Your client can't "stop" your boost, or get updates on your regen status. You are boosting on your client, and cannot stop boosting. If you hit a wall, you'll just bounce off.

4a)- Your connection to the server stays broken->DC

4b)- Your connection to the server is restablished. State effects are integrated, and you can lose a lot of your boost, or die instantly, depending on what the server and client think.

What is described by boosting forever is really a temporary disconnect, not mere lag, and the client doesn't get the refresh on boost and speed and etc.

What is described by boosting forever is really a temporary disconnect, not mere lag, and the client doesn't get the refresh on boost and speed and etc.

By definition, lag is a lot of temporary disconnect with a very small duration.

By definition, lag is a lot of temporary disconnect with a very small duration.

No. Lag is a lot of times where some packets are dropped, but not enough that you are really out of communications.

In any event, lag doesn't give you the "infinite boost". As long as your machine is getting updates from the server every few seconds (at which point, you are lagging VERY badly), you won't get locked with our without a buff, nor will you see any energy anomalies. The machines will resync those values over seconds instead of milliseconds, but it will stay normal.

At every teleport the target faces another direction abruptly.

Server and other client know what weapon i have build in and the direction I'm facing. Probably the other client knows what upgrades I have built in. Enough to calculate where my firing arc starts.

Edit: Lag doesn't give you the ability to move at boost-speed indefinitely.

I'll try to get a video of what exactly I mean. Don't wait for it, by now it have only been 3 people using that hack in around thousand games.

I really doubt someone is hacking so that they can have 0 Kills, 5 Deaths and do 3k total damage. Think logically for a second. People that hack do it for an advantage, this was having the opposite effect.

There is a guy (who I obviously can't name here) that will skip around, but importantly, it's only after he's been shot at. Pretty much anyone who plays regularly on Shadowlands will know who I'm talking about.

If he runs a gunship, sometimes, he'll pause, take a railgun shot, then immediately start skipping, making him very hard to countersnipe. He's most often in a bomber, and the behavior happens only when he takes damage. I've deliberately withheld fire on him to see if it recurs, but nope, only under fire. Everything else can be lag, but I'm convinced this guy is choking his connection deliberately.

He never tops the boards, but he does reasonably well, and is really annoying when he's pulling that BS. It's absolutely hilarious when he skips into a satellite while circling through.