The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Empire of Plagues vs Imperial Droid Division

Beniboybling

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be used so that the Spider Droids could fire between the holes in the Lower City walls that we often saw, and the Enforcers could be used similar to an express system without worry of innocents. Not to mention they could likely retain control of the system themselves.
Just want to randomly query this could I'm not sure understand.

What holes?

Just want to randomly query this could I'm not sure understand.

What holes?

In KOTOR go to the Lower City. Now walk along you will notice there are long slits in the main hall that when you look through them you realize are the swoop tunnels you race through when you are saving Bastila. Those are what I mean.

In KOTOR go to the Lower City. Now walk along you will notice there are long slits in the main hall that when you look through them you realize are the swoop tunnels you race through when you are saving Bastila. Those are what I mean.
Wow, never noticed that. But are they everywhere or just in certain places?

Wow, never noticed that. But are they everywhere or just in certain places?

I can not remember exactly, and I do not have a character currently at that point to check, but I know there were multiple, one at least right in front of the Black Vulkar Base on both sides, and I think a some in between the apartment entrances/cantina. Basically if there was not an entrance for a bit of distance it had these slits. This is how I intend to bring the Spider precision laser to the Lower City. Swoop tunnels ftw.

I can not remember exactly, and I do not have a character currently at that point to check, but I know there were multiple, one at least right in front of the Black Vulkar Base on both sides, and I think a some in between the apartment entrances/cantina. Basically if there was not an entrance for a bit of distance it had these slits. This is how I intend to bring the Spider precision laser to the Lower City. Swoop tunnels ftw.
I see, however that does make them easily avoidable, but also means cutting off certain areas from the enemy.

I see, however that does make them easily avoidable, but also means cutting off certain areas from the enemy.

Yes, but mostly the apartments.

Though since they can easily defend the Black Vulkar base, once it is discovered, the hatch I mean, that will be a very vital position for the spiders.

Side Note: Just wanted to point out again that if the LoT isn't directly over head, it is likely the IDD could blockade run reinforcements due to superior speed. Droids are much easier to produce than growing Kiliks. Or just use Hyperspace pods of course.

Edited by Silenceo

Yes, but mostly the apartments.

Though since they can easily defend the Black Vulkar base, once it is discovered, the hatch I mean, that will be a very vital position for the spiders.

Side Note: Just wanted to point out again that if the LoT isn't directly over head, it is likely the IDD could blockade run reinforcements due to superior speed. Droids are much easier to produce than growing Kiliks. Or just use Hyperspace pods of course.

If its not directly ahead... but it could well be. But hyperspace pods could definitely prove an effective possibility. I doubt that the LoT could fire fast enough to catch them, but vehicles remain an issue.

Anyway something that hasn't really been discussed is external stuff e.g. destroying the LoT and the possibility of IDD supply bases coming under attack and vice versa.

If its not directly ahead... but it could well be. But hyperspace pods could definitely prove an effective possibility. I doubt that the LoT could fire fast enough to catch them, but vehicles remain an issue.

Anyway something that hasn't really been discussed is external stuff e.g. destroying the LoT and the possibility of IDD supply bases coming under attack and vice versa.

I have attempted to instigate Round 2 of the space battle before, but none have joined in so I dropped it.

As for the external stuff, I am pretty sure Mechis III is fine by itself unless the EoP wants to dedicate more of its forces to that. However, hyper space pods landing on Byss is a very real possibility due to how close Mechis III and Byss are comparatively to Taris. That is when they could capture the plague.

Though, would the IDD know about wayland? For that matter, how would the EoP know about Felucia or Mechis III? It isn't like last round where one of the leaders is known for leading an entire culture. Nor are my ships produced by a specific company so they can't be traced that way.

Edited by Silenceo

Destroying the LoT is a real possibility if the IDDs navy is repaired quickly enough. Supply bases coming under attack is more problematic. The LoT is all that remains of the EoPs navy, and attacking a base would probably require it to be sent, which leaves the space above Taris empty. But there probably will not be any attacks on suppliers done by either side.

Destroying the LoT is a real possibility if the IDDs navy is repaired quickly enough. Supply bases coming under attack is more problematic. The LoT is all that remains of the EoPs navy, and attacking a base would probably require it to be sent, which leaves the space above Taris empty. But there probably will not be any attacks on suppliers done by either side.

*Cough* Byss *cough* plague *cough* hyper space pods *cough*

If you think about it, it would be so easy to infect the entire sewer system with that plague via the water. It is the sewer system...where do you think all the water comes from? *flush...*

Oh god, I can imagine it now...

"Today we crush the hordes bellow!" *Flush* "It is done, send patrols to ensure they do not leave the sewers!"

Question, if Silenceo cuts off the sewers enough, won't the Kiliks and the Rakghouls just starve? Kiliks would have to stay starving because they can't eat Rakghouls, but the Rakghouls can sure as he'll wag Killiks. Also, I think the hungrier they get the stronger their impulse to eat, which'd mean Muur can't control them.

And if Muur couldn't control the Nekghouls, bye bye Muur.

If you think about it, it would be so easy to infect the entire sewer system with that plague via the water. It is the sewer system...where do you think all the water comes from? *flush...*

Oh god, I can imagine it now...

"Today we crush the hordes bellow!" *Flush* "It is done, send patrols to ensure they do not leave the sewers!"

Quote. Of. The. Match.

None of the Dark Trooper models had variants so none.

Just wanted to say that is not entirely true if I recall correctly. Though, I had figured the variants were too distinct to use.

Phase I:

Standard

Phase II:

Standard

Triumph-Class Dark Trooper

Purge Trooper

Elite Dark Trooper

Dark Novatrooper

Phase III:

Standard

Inquisitorium Dark Trooper

Side note: Man, I should of requested Phase 0's for my navy/misc personal... :d_grin:

Edited by Silenceo

That would be rather unfair don't you think? This what the Great Swarm comprised of, which is effectively the force Warren picked. Heck to single out anyone element would be totally arbitrary anyway, they were all important.

Beni, the Great Swarm was the ENTIRE military force of the Killiks. If I get Stormtroopers do I automatically get AT-AT's? Because that is exactly what you're saying right here.

AT-AT's were important to the way Stormtroopers operated as well. But sometimes they had to tough it out, same with the Killiks.

Also, I don't think it is unreasonable to require the numbers for each subspecies. If they're all Rekkers with a few of the others spattered in, or all Gorog, or half and half, or more of one or the other... It all matters in how effective the EoP killiks would be considering the drastic differences in ability and weaknesses.

Edited by StarSquirrel

If I could have a few Elite Dark Troopers and a couple Inquisitorium Dark Troopers, that would be great, thanks. They are, after all, "varients" :rolleyes:

Imagine the EoP trying to assassinate with 2 Inquisitorium Dark Troopers guarding him...Sorry Kiliks, but...you are not going to overwhelm those monsters is melee.... They essentially have everything a standard one has, minus the hand held cannon, plus they are larger, tankier, and have melee weaponry.

Side Note: I looked a little more, and it looks like the Inquisitorium varient actually had heavier ranged weaponry...

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090314143413/starwars/images/8/85/Inquisitorium_Dark_Trooper.png

Man...if only I could switch from standard PIII's to these guys... *I originally didn't since I was unsure if they had ranged weaponry or not...they would of fit so well too...*

After Thought: I think the trade off for them was that they do not have a jetpack even for minimal flight like the standard PIII. So they were more stand and fight no matter what.

Edited by Silenceo

Just wanted to say that is not entirely true if I recall correctly. Though, I had figured the variants were too distinct to use.

Phase I:

Standard

Phase II:

Standard

Triumph-Class Dark Trooper

Purge Trooper

Elite Dark Trooper

Dark Novatrooper

Phase III:

Standard

Inquisitorium Dark Trooper

Side note: Man, I should of requested Phase 0's for my navy/misc personal... :d_grin:

Just like to point out that the organic ones are well, not droid dark troopers. However I don't see many of those being much use, they all just seem to be barely different variants that have come about due to game mechanics and the like.

However that Elite Dark Trooper could be brought in to deal with lightsabers... just not in this particular Kaggath.

And lawls no. :jawa_wink:

Just like to point out that the organic ones are well, not droid dark troopers. However I don't see many of those being much use, they all just seem to be barely different variants that have come about due to game mechanics and the like.

However that Elite Dark Trooper could be brought in to deal with lightsabers... just not in this particular Kaggath.

And lawls no. :jawa_wink:

Well, what about the Inquisitorium Dark Troopers? They would go with Jerec so well! :D

Beni, the Great Swarm was the ENTIRE military force of the Killiks. If I get Stormtroopers do I automatically get AT-AT's? Because that is exactly what you're saying right here.

AT-AT's were important to the way Stormtroopers operated as well. But sometimes they had to tough it out, same with the Killiks.

Also, I don't think it is unreasonable to require the numbers for each subspecies. If they're all Rekkers with a few of the others spattered in, or all Gorog, or half and half, or more of one or the other... It all matters in how effective the EoP killiks would be considering the drastic differences in ability and weaknesses.

As I said to Tausra I'm disallowing the Kolosok, but none of the others seemed comparable to vehicles.

Because it would be arbitrary, unless you have some basis for these figures.

As I said to Tausra I'm disallowing the Kolosok, but none of the others seemed comparable to vehicles.

Because it would be arbitrary, unless you have some basis for these figures.

An argument could be made that size is a defining characteristic of a soldier. Something small enough to be measured in inches, or by a few feet ( as opposed to meters), isn't really a soldier. I say this because nothing less than a droid, or an explosive will be able to effectively counter anything of that approximate size. It'd be like trying to shoot a bee with an assault rifle while soldiers in the enemy army tried to kill you.