The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Empire of Plagues vs Imperial Droid Division

Beniboybling

Yet the EoP would be unable to leave the skyscrapers of the upper city once there, and due to their positioning would be much easier to lock down than normal. The vehicles which are not being used for the Lower City conflict, would go and guard the entrance/exit of these buildings. Perhaps firing at the ships after they had landed.

Like I said regarding the Lower City patrols, they would not take any of the forces from the check points, but rather the patrols that were operating. Considering there are about 30-50 per drop mod, and say about 10-20 actually landed on the sky scrapers *the other 10-20 landing in the streets, likely mopped up by the vehicles and concsripts.* that would be a relatively easy situation for a few patrols of Dark Troopers to clean up. Each patrol likely would have 2 PII's and probably 10 PI's per patrol would likely be able to handle each of the pods. That would divert approximately 100-200 PI's and 20-40 PII's. While it would be a good chunk of their forces, the PIII's would still be defending the Lifts, as well as all of the remaining forces.

Due to the location, and the vehicles aiding the patrols, I find it highly unlikely that the EoP on the Upper City would spread beyond their skyscrapers. Due to each of these being isolated from each other they can not group up for strength, superior numbers divided does not equate to superior numbers power. In other words, the EoP would be out of their element, stranded, and unable to make a run for it. They would be hunted down rather easily by the dispatched patrols and gunned down. They know exactly where these pods are, unlike the Lower City war where they are still searching.

Why not? They are connected to the streets.

And the pods would not miss.

This notion that they would be able to drive them out, depends on how well they fair against them. Remember a dozen pods can field roughly 400 troops, and on top of that they have Nekghouls, firebreathers, blastbugs and Voxyn.

They would also be ready and waiting for the enemy with various ambushes and the like. These skyscrapers will be filled with lots of corridors and passageways that the Dark Troopers will have to navigate.

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no evidence to support that claim.

How about... All of KoToR? You know, the nine million conversations in which people ordered Aliens back to the lower levels. The conversations with the owner of the droid shop, who said her shop failed because she was an Alien, and all aliens belonged in the Lower City?

Question: is the IDD serious about trying to evacuate people? Because cutting off access to the Lowercity isn't really in line with that plan.

There are two scenarios here. One: the IDD allows the refugees from the Lowercity to use the lifts to reach the surface. This gives the AiR the ability to take control of the lifts by raiding it during one of the refugee transfers, giving the assaulting AiR forces a meat-shield of innocents.

Two: the IDD doesn't allow the refugees to use the lifts. This results in either a.) mass turning of the refugees into rakghouls, or b.) another meat sheild for when the IDD launches it offensive in the Undercity, having to wade through refugee camps set up around the lifts.

How about... All of KoToR? You know, the nine million conversations in which people ordered Aliens back to the lower levels. The conversations with the owner of the droid shop, who said her shop failed because she was an Alien, and all aliens belonged in the Lower City?

... That was because the Empire is full of racists bigots. Not because they were immune to the rakghoul plague...

My Morale Argument:

People, no matter their discipline or allegiance or training, are still people. Fighting undead, green blobs, brainwashers, and mutations would and should terrify anyone with an amygdala. Fighting AiR is going to be emotionally and mentally taxing, and it’s going to take an obscene amount of bravery to put up a fight against nightmarish forces like these. I’m not saying it can’t be done, but I think evaluating the physiological impact of fighting monsters that could turn you and your friends into monsters if you get too close is a valid argument.

Basically, these are people. Not heroic, strong, trained fight-for-glory military personnel. If a zombie outbreak really did happen in the United States, do you think people would stay in their homes and try to fight it? Heck no! I'd be on the next flight to Switzerland. (Because zombies respect neutrality, right?)

Rakghouls are basically like Star Wars zombies. Not the literal kind like Project I71A, but close enough. It would be cliche and point out the women and children, really I should just point out that any sane person would book it. Or at least try to.

You wouldn't be on the next flight to Switzerland because the US would be under Quarantine.

The only place to go would be the "Safe Zones" AKA the IDD fortresses, and this Quarantine is the LoT, they won't let anybody escape the System, they'd want as big of an army as possible, what's the point in letting your entire army leave?

Source?

From what I'm reading on Wookieepedia, anyone who was not Force Sensitive was effected.

"Through use of dark side alchemy, any non-Force-sensitive that was struck by the Talisman became infected with the rakghoul plague and transformed more quickly than from rakghoul bites in the Under City of Taris. In addition to that under the command by a Force-user the Talisman could transform into rakghouls all suitable beings in much wider radius."

1. The fact that the Marn Hierogryph was immune when he was with Zayne Carrick and Celeste Morne on Jebble was not infected.

2. The fact that the nonhuman members of the Uhumele were not infected when Vader released Celeste Morne from the oubliette.

3. Wookiepedia on the Rakghoul virus page:

But the talisman's power was not perfect, and it could not transform Force-sensitives or beings belonging to certain non-Human species into rakghouls

... That was because the Empire is full of racists bigots. Not because they were immune to the rakghoul plague...

I never said they were there because they were Immune to rakghoul plague, go back and read what I wrote.

The Muur talismans ability to change people to Rakghouls only worked on Humans, from what I've seen/Been told, and there's no real evidence that states it's control effects are any different. This is what would make the Lower city harder to conquer, there's not many humans down there other than the Criminal Syndicates that were armed to the teeth.

I didn't say "Nuh uh, they'd throw all the Twileks down there so they can't be made rakghouls I win." as you seem to be inferring.

The only place to go would be the "Safe Zones" AKA the IDD fortresses, and this Quarantine is the LoT, they won't let anybody escape the System, they'd want as big of an army as possible, what's the point in letting your entire army leave?

Getting to those safe zones is going to create a lot of not-safe zones. Imagine herding civilians into a lift and then rakghouls swamp up behind them. It's gonna be mass hysteria and the IDD will end up killing more civilians in the ensuing fight than they save.

But in this case racism wins. Anti-alien sentiment leads to a whole zone run by people immune to instachanging to monsters. Who would have thought? :cool:

Getting to those safe zones is going to create a lot of not-safe zones. Imagine herding civilians into a lift and then rakghouls swamp up behind them. It's gonna be mass hysteria and the IDD will end up killing more civilians in the ensuing fight than they save.

And?

The civilians are a distraction. All it takes is the conscription of the Black Sun and Muur/Lomi go bye bye.

I never said they were there because they were Immune to rakghoul plague, go back and read what I wrote.

The Muur talismans ability to change people to Rakghouls only worked on Humans, from what I've seen/Been told, and there's no real evidence that states it's control effects are any different. This is what would make the Lower city harder to conquer, there's not many humans down there other than the Criminal Syndicates that were armed to the teeth.

I didn't say "Nuh uh, they'd throw all the Twileks down there so they can't be made rakghouls I win." as you seem to be inferring.

Jeez. Obviously there was a miscommunication. When I said "there is no evidence to support that claim" I was referring to the claim that the Muur Talisman couldn't work on aliens.

If you do not believe that the Muur Talisman works on aliens, feel free to read all about it here. I promise you will find no statements anywhere saying that it cannot effect aliens. You have been misinformed.

Jeez. Obviously there was a miscommunication. When I said "there is no evidence to support that claim" I was referring to the claim that the Muur Talisman couldn't work on aliens.

If you do not believe that the Muur Talisman works on aliens, feel free to read all about it here. I promise you will find no statements anywhere saying that it cannot effect aliens. You have been misinformed.

Well Ok then.

See Karadron's post.

Just want to bring up the possibility that the Muur Talisman could be used to control normal Rakghouls, surely?

Perhaps, but I still think the Dark Cloud needs to be looked at more instead of just dismissing it.

The Muur talisman isn't all powerful, it has limits, and I'd bet that 6 Billion Rakghouls are beyond even it's limits.

Perhaps, but I still think the Dark Cloud needs to be looked at more instead of just dismissing it.

The Muur talisman isn't all powerful, it has limits, and I'd bet that 6 Billion Rakghouls are beyond even it's limits.

I'm not convinced that the dark cloud has the power to influence anything but those in immediate proximity to Jerec, I asked for examples from Silenceo but in so far none have been forthcoming.

Because there is a big difference between siphoning the energies of some infront of you, and feeding of the energies of an entire army of rakghouls/zombies (if they even are Force sensitive) and claiming that will somehow weaken them.

Simply put without evidence it seems farfetched.

I think the Muur Talisman has limits in terms of how many Rakghouls it can convert at a time, but no limits in terms of how many it can convert. My understanding is what once they are transformed they are loyal servants that take orders, they don't come under some form of mind control that has to be constantly sustained.

Nor sure about normal rakghouls, but is stands to reason they could be transformed into obedient and/or smart rakghouls. Just theorizing here but I find it hard to believe that the Muur Talisman would have no effect on a rakghoul.

1. The fact that the Marn Hierogryph was immune when he was with Zayne Carrick and Celeste Morne on Jebble was not infected.

2. The fact that the nonhuman members of the Uhumele were not infected when Vader released Celeste Morne from the oubliette.

Were these truly immune, or was the talisman simply not used on them?

Note that the Wookieepedia says CERTAIN species.

But yes, as Beni said, it really only takes a couple to start that the Muur Talisman can provide. Even if the majority of the population is immune to it, the minority will transform and then turn all the other with it.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Nor sure about normal rakghouls, but is stands to reason they could be transformed into obedient and/or smart rakghouls. Just theorizing here but I find it hard to believe that the Muur Talisman would have no effect on a rakghoul.

The Muur Talisman was on Taris in KOTOR. That's why the rakghouls were there in the first place. So yes, the Muur Talisman works on rakghouls that are turned by a bite/scratch. The talisman is the origin of all rakghouls, and they all obey its wielder.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Were these truly immune, or was the talisman simply not used on them?

Note that the Wookieepedia says CERTAIN species.

But yes, as Beni said, it really only takes a couple to start that the Muur Talisman can provide. Even if the majority of the population is immune to it, the minority will transform and then turn all the other with it.

Yes it was in use, first by a crazy Mandalorian scientist. The second by Morne to confront Vader turning the entire complement of clones into rakghouls very quickly.

Alright folks signing off for now. Again I suggest we discuss ground force themselves.

And on that note, I want to direct a question to Warren.

Are the Killiks in your force those seen in the Dark Nest Trilogy? If so, do you think they will primarily use swarm tactics? (That's how I remember them from the books)

Just wanted to point out that the IDD would effectively only have a few lifts in operation at this time, and each closely monitored. At the bottom of each lift would be a heavily fortified position 24/7. Droids do not sleep.

The IDD already likely accepts that there will be great losses. Though, not as great as one would think. Since with the help of the IDD the gangs and organizations that run in the Lower City fortify their bases on the condition they are used as refugee camps, with a direct contact to nearby troops. Other than this, there would be patrols of Dark Troopers looking for uninfected to get to the camps should they have not made it already. Any large groups of EoP will be noted and due to such confined spaces down there, they will be unable to swarm as effectively.

As for the Upper City and the drop pods, it would likely only take minutes to a half hour to assemble the forces to retaliate to the threat up there. While 2-3 drop pods likely would land in the same building, they would be relatively easy to spot, which tells the IDD how many to send per spot. Even if they send only the ammount specified before per pod, the Lower City would still have the majority of the troops. The reason that the EoP can not leave their skyscrapers without dying is because the IDD vehicles were sitting unused, and likely could surround all of the entrances/exits of the infected skyscrapers.

Without already having a Rakghoul horde with them up there, I find it likely that once the IDD reached the EoP forces they would be dealt with. As for why multiple pods from different buildings couldn't group up, the vehicles would have locked those areas down before they could reach the right floor. The tactic sounds great, but sending basically half of your entire better than fodder forces to be seperated when they do not have the quality advantage or the terrain advantage, not so much. Besides, during this time it is highly likely that the majority of those who wish to fight are already conscripted, they are not that great, but firing into a horde of onrushing enemies you do not have to be great.

Still think it would be hilarious if the IDD fleet showed up and ordered all below the LoT to move quite a bit while they battered down the ships dovin basals. If it is in atmosphere, it likely has weaker defense due to being forced to use a good deal of its basals to just keep it from falling to the ground.

And the knowledge of these people, along with their skills (such as blaster wielding) would be retained due to the talisman's power. They would be smarter, more cunning, and more than just mindless beast. Although they would lack sentient thought, they would be forever-loyal servants of Muur's will.

I think the Muur Talisman has limits in terms of how many Rakghouls it can convert at a time, but no limits in terms of how many it can convert. My understanding is what once they are transformed they are loyal servants that take orders, they don't come under some form of mind control that has to be constantly sustained.

See the Quote by Warren on how capable the Rakghouls are. In short, as admitted they "Lack Sentient Thought", implying that to be anything more than beasts the 'ghouls need to be directed by a focusing Muur.

Edited by tausra

Still think it would be hilarious if the IDD fleet showed up and ordered all below the LoT to move quite a bit while they battered down the ships dovin basals. If it is in atmosphere, it likely has weaker defense due to being forced to use a good deal of its basals to just keep it from falling to the ground.

You're also forgetting that they'd need to work overtime to keep that black hole of theirs from EATING THE ATMOSPHERE!!!1!!one!

Commencing Tear Down of all Military forces:

Killiks:

Each nest had its members sharing the same physical characteristics.

This means the Kilik forces are restricted to a single type of soldier, not the massive variety as Warren insinuated in the first post, here:

Killik Warriors (Major Ground Force) – 2,304

Killik warriors are a vastly assorted and specialized ground force.

So, before a tear down can be done, a single hive must be chosen. Considering that no Hive was chosen as a supplier, the specialization and variety of the Killik forces should be considered minimal, at best.

The skills, capabilities and powers of the Hive:

Such experiences had no difference to one another to the hive mind with all being counted as a single one. In time, a hive's collective memory became a random mesh of recollections where fact, fiction and myth were all intermingled with one another to the point that a single truth recounted by the Killiks was considered not entirely reliable.

The Hive made things up as they went, deciding from the myriad of memories and thoughts, which one made the most sense. If Warren is capable of creating a Hive on planet, the more people Joined to them means the more likely things start going wrong. For example, a simple 4 digit passcode lost amid all the memories of passcodes that the Hive has collected. Was it 5549 or 4451, or 3367, or 9123, or 0001, repeated as many times as they have joiners. Considering the lack of a Hive as a supplier, I doubt the Killiks could make much headway anyways.

As to the general armor of a Killik:

The species possessed a strong chitinous exoskeleton that was glossy and greenish with their carcasses capable of surviving thousands of years of erosion as seen by the colonists of Alderaan.[5] The exoskeleton also contained a number of spiracles which served as their way of breathing.

I found nothing else on Wookieepedia that indicates the average Killik having a blaster resistant carapace.

Nekghouls

They were larger and much smarter than rakghouls, which suggested that they may have qualified as their own separate species, and they also stood upright, compared to the standard hunched stance of rakghouls. Nekghouls were also unable to infect or transform their victims.

Nekghouls cannot infect victims, severely limiting their capabilities. They are also their own separate species, meaning the Muur Talisman should have no effect on them.

What particularly set nekghouls apart from rakghouls was that they were sensitive to the Force, though they were untrained

Nekghouls are untrained, making them just large, angry padawans of unknown potency.

They were capable of speech but had no known history or record of their origins. This led to some speculation on whether they were Jedi or Sith infected with the rakghoul plague or perhaps the result of mutation caused from radiation by Taris' shattered reactors

Muur cannot also force their creation. No one knows how they are made, and as such the EoP would have to do some extensive (read long term) experimenting with them to uncover the process.

There is literally nothing else about the nekghouls on the wiki, so further speculation is just that, guessing.

Voxyn

The cells of voxyn deteriorated at a rapid rate if they were not exposed to a nutrient from the planet Myrkr,

The light vehicle of the EoP can only survive with regular infusions from their homeworld. This homeworld is not listed as a supplier, but they should last a month or so without it. The problem arises as time passes.

Once a voxyn's cells started to deteriorate, the scales lost their color and flaked off; the creature's movements would then become listless as it lost energy,[2] and its eyes would become filmy

The more you work them, the more they wear down and the easier they are to kill.

The paws of the legs were round, and the toe pads housed a hundred deadly retroviruses, whose medium was the green slime that covered the voxyn's claws

effect of the sensory bristles' neurotoxin was not the same on all species. Some of those affected fell into convulsions and then into an endless sleep, while others weakened over many hours before losing the ability to breathe or swallow; yet others drowned in their own saliva

A voxyn's tail was poisonous,[1] a trait passed on by the vornskr,[4] and the poison would cause swelling and make most creatures' flesh red for one to six days.

All powers that can be ignored by Droids. As for the acid drool:

Voxyn also had long, forked tongues and were able to shoot from their mouths via an efflux tube a jet of brown, acid-like saliva that burned anything it touched. This saliva could kill a humanoid easily if it landed on vital spots like the face, and some voxyn drooled this saliva when not in combat.

A few things: 1. It burns the area, it does not destroy it. Like chemical burns, not acidic erosion. 2. Required contact with vital, soft areas, like the face, to be effective. 3. There is no mention of how effective this spit is on something as insanely durable as a Dark Trooper.

Sonic Waves:

The creatures were also armed with the ability to emit a sonic blast from their snouts, and this blast sent a compression wave that could temporarily disable a person's hearing, make them feel nauseous,[1] and shatter eardrums.

The human ear is easily damaged, there is no comparison to the sensors of a droid. effectiveness will be weak to mild, considering what the droid army is designed for.

Leviathans

Despite its massive girth, the Leviathan had incredible speed and was capable of outrunning its prey. The Leviathan was also equipped with a series of blister traps on its back which it used to drain the life energies of its prey. The beast actively hunted its prey, and when it had trapped them within its tendrils, the blister traps resonated with a bright blue aura as it began to drain the life energy and knowledge of its prey. The Leviathan hunted a diverse range of species including Humans, Rodians, Keshiri, S'kytri and even non-sapient creatures like uvaks. After digesting the life essences of their prey, the Leviathans also absorbed their knowledge and intelligence which could be accessed by whoever controlled them. Should the beast be directly attacked by other beings, the Leviathan relied on its mass, teeth, and tendrils for self-defense.

So yeah, big heavy death machines. But, they have an EoP standard drawback:

Despite their size and strength, the Leviathans only had the cognitive intelligence and reasoning of a non-sentient pet animal. They regarded all other beings and animals as prey to be devoured and lacked any form of intelligent speech. Instead, the Leviathans communicated through grunts and roars. The Dark Jedi Baron Remulus Dreypa used a Sith amulet to direct and control the Leviathans

They need to be controlled, or they revert to their animalistic nature, eating anything and everything. Thye also do not function beyond the basic senses, meaning a killik, a joiner, a rakghoul, or a nekghoul is as likely to be eaten as a civilian. Droids, which are not food, would not register as a target for the same reason as lions don't go around eating trees.

Final thoughts on EoP Ground Forces: Muur and other force users are going to have to focus on controlling their own troops at all times. Moments of exhaustion, or hours of rest will vastly decrease the fighting efficiency of their soldiers. These moments of leadership rest would likely end with Leviathans eating other soldiers, Killiks pheromone brain-washing their own troops, and rakghouls being little more than crazed cannibals. Vornskyr early on will be doing a great deal of damage as directed, but over time they will wear out. If the EoP opts for an attrition strategy they will have to contend with dwindling resources, and the eventual effects of the Killik pheromones clouding everyone's judgment. Oh, and the huge hunger of the Leviathans.

Dark Trooper, Phase 1

Loadout:

The droid was little more than a skeletal frame equipped with a vibrosword attached to its right arm and a blast shield on its left, plus basic artificial intelligence.

Ok, not impressive, but impressively durable. Vibroswords and shields mean these guys should do decently in the cramped corridors of the Lower levels. The lack of weaponry beyond the blades and shields will likely mean that the Droids will be of limited effectiveness beyond the closest range, which is where they will take th emost damage.

On Phrik:

However, the phrik container was so durable that it was able to withstand the Death Star's attack,

Do I need to say more?

Vulnerabilities: Lots of exposed wiring and tubing, means that the rending claws of the enemy are likely to be moderately to very effective in reducing the effectiveness of the droids.

Dark Trooper, phase 2

Loadout:

Each droid was equipped with the external elements such as the suit, a jump pack, and an assault cannon capable of firing 400 plasma shells and 20 missiles before reloading. It was also capable of being loaded into hyperspace pods for transportation

Heavy duty stuff there. The suit is undefined, but considering the prevalence of Phrik in the design process, I assume this is the material of choice. The Jump Pack allowed for 2 second bursts of air time, without guidance.

The Assault cannon is a heavy load, and has its' own wiki page:

It was a modified Imperial Repeater Rifle weapon. 1.2 meters long, the wide body had two barrels with two triggers. The first trigger fired a deadly blue-white plasma shot (maximum capacity 400) at an approximate rate of 540 RPM, the second firing compact, dumb-fire missiles (20).

Double Barreled, with such a high rate of fire. The only flaw is in the ammo and reloading. As for the damage it can do:

Blasts from this weapon were extremely lethal, capable of punching through body armor and killing soldiers in a single shot. Only soldiers equipped with a Personal energy shield could hope to stand a chance against a trooper equipped with this deadly weapon.

It was also designed for independent and advanced Droid A.I.s, meaning IG-88 could potentially upload into the Phase 2's. The impact of this ability shouldn't be underestimated.

Dark Troopers, Phase 3

I'm going to do a rundown of quotes, simply because they illustrate the point best.

It was sometimes even classified as a bipedal tank

he perfect battlefield infantry unit—an amalgam of a clone's creativity, unpredictability, and initiative combined with the resilience and firepower of a heavy battle droid.

The Phase III trooper's standard weapon complement included a large handheld assault cannon and two shoulder-mounted seeker missile launcher racks that were hidden under the suit's shoulder plates when not in use. They were issued additional fragmentation grenades, thermal detonators, and concussion grenades

Phase III Dark troopers wore black armor made of the nearly indestructible metal phrik

Phase III Dark Troopers also were equipped with an array of integrated weaponry, including a pair of dual blaster cannons

The Phase III Trooper carried a similar weapon. It was essentially a standard assault cannon with five plasma barrels, which allowed the user to fire at a much faster rate, and had an increased ammunition capacitor to compensate. This version lacked the missile launcher used by the Phase IIs and was much too heavy for a human soldier to wield effectively.

Persuader-Class Droid

The basics:

The tank droid was a six-meter tall automaton with a huge, central drive motor for locomotion supported by four small outrigger wheels.

Because of its forward drive motor, the tank droid was not an especially maneuverable vehicle and was very easy to engage when being flanked. To compensate for this, the tanks deployed in tightly packed waves, forming a wall of armor. At a speed of 60 kilometers per hour, the tank had no trouble ramming through walls and mowing down obstacles in its way.

droid enforcers were equipped with conventional ion cannons and heavy rapid fire laser cannons. For special missions, these could be replaced by concussion missile launchers, homing missiles, dumbfire torpedoes, and thermal grenade launchers.

Big, heavy, slow, and versatile. The Persuader has a lot of front end strength to make up for the lack of mobility and how easy it is to be flanked and taken down. In tight hallways the droid is useful, considering the walls will cover its sides,and that it routinely crushes anything in front of it.

Weaknesses:

Doesn't move that well, but it is very hard to stop going forward. Exposed optics mean a blind tank is easy to make. The droid doesn't much care about civilian casualties, thus striking a blow against morale.

Strengths: It has heavy cannons, and modifiable weaponry load out, meaning it can be adapted to the threat at hand. Its heavy enough to crush most anything in front of it without slowing down, meaning this thing could do some damage in a frontal assault.

OG-9 Homing Droid

Strengths:

The homing spider could cover wide areas of the battlefield with its four all-terrain legs. Because of its great height and extendable hydraulics, the walker could position its homing laser above its fellow droids at enemy targets or move to higher ground to blast at air vehicles

The droid can always bring its' weapons to bear, by adjusting its' height for weapons.

Despite its weaknesses, the homing spider could walk along the bottom of seabeds, fully submerged in water, as well as scale steep cliffs.

Great control and mastery of the terrain mean the droids can be adjusted so that they can fight almost anywhere it is asked to.

The spider walker's chief weapon was a laser emplacement mounted atop the droid's round body. This circular dish fired a precision homing laser that could be maintained until the drone's internal power supply was finished. This sustained firepower allowed the homing spider to weaken shields, destroy armored vehicles and scythe down troop formations.

The laser can fire until the droid exhausts its own power. It can blast shields, which is less important than the second and third things it can do. It pummels armor and cuts through most foot soldiers.

An antipersonnel cannon below the walker's round body could be used for close-quarters combat, while a retractable ion cannon could be added to disable starships or other powerful vehicles. There were also weapon mounts that allowed other armaments to be fixed to the droid. Sensor equipment fitted into the homing spider, enabled it to target and keep track of moving enemy targets.

Antipersonnel cannon, pretty standard stuff. ion cannon is largely worthless against people without shields. The weapon mounts will allow the heavy cannons of fallen Phase Two and Three Dark Troopers to continue to be useful.

Weaknesses:

The homing spider droid's round, armored body contained a volatile reactor. If the core was breached, the reactor violently exploded.

The heaviest armor is around the violent reactor core. If the EoP can rip through the hull then the droid is a bomb waiting to go off. I doubt even Dark Troopers could survive being within proximity to the explosion.

However, the legs were vulnerable to damage, and if just one hydraulic leg was disabled, the entire vehicle would crash to the ground. This was fairly easy to do because it was a slow vehicle.

Much easier to do than tearing open the body, screwing up a leg was a quick fix to the droid's assault. It is this weakness that lead to it often being flanked by the Persuader-Class Droids. How durable the leg joints were is unknown, the second question is how effective rakghoul claws will be on the joint.

Will update when I can. I am at work after all.

Edited by tausra