The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nightlife Packs and the Embargo...shame on Bioware

LMBTE

Open letter to Bioware:

Please bring back the nightlife packs and stop the short embargo windows. First, not every one has the money to buy cartel coins in such a small time window. Some of us, especially those of us who pay for the full subscription and one for their children, cannot pull together the $60 USC in such a short time frame. Second, when you decide to do something different please provide more information on the dates that the event/pack will be available. I would hope that Bioware would want to keep the subscribers happy instead of punish them for being a subscriber. We only have so much money so we have to choose where it goes. Perhaps it would be better to unsubscribe and then have the extra money to buy the packs as soon as they come out.

BIOWARE please do the right thing...bring back the Club Vertica pack and keep it on the market the same as the other packs. To keep this game viable, your choices have to be favorable to the players or you will start to lose them. I have enjoyed this game from the very beginning and I still enjoy it, however, this issue has cast doubts on the direction that BioWare is taking with the game and how it feels towards the players and especially the subscribers.

Hi. WTS Star Cluster Pack Hypercrate! 12 mil. No need to bring'em back, plenty of them still out there.

Shame on Bioware for the drop rate experiment. about 10 big mounts on the entire server? sick rarity. shoo.

I take it you haven't gotten your walker yet?

Seriously, it's weird - the walkers completely disappeared from the Progenitor, and there was only one for 30m on Red Eclipse. With Rancors, it's always been four or five in 7-8mil price range, and often would go as low as 5.5mil. On the other hand, I can understand why they do it - I never bought any packs before, but while hunting for the walker, I bought a few and would've bought more.

Open letter to Bioware:

Please bring back the nightlife packs and stop the short embargo windows. First, not every one has the money to buy cartel coins in such a small time window. Some of us, especially those of us who pay for the full subscription and one for their children, cannot pull together the $60 USC in such a short time frame.

If $60 is such a big deal to you, might I suggest you play games less and go spend time earning more money?

Really, you're suggesting that since you're poor, you can't afford a $60 vanity pack... would you like some cheese with that whine?

If you want some of these packs that badly, go buy them on the GTN, they aren't that expensive.

Hi. WTS Star Cluster Pack Hypercrate! 12 mil. No need to bring'em back, plenty of them still out there.

Shame on Bioware for the drop rate experiment. about 10 big mounts on the entire server? sick rarity. shoo.

This is the thing that upsets me the most about SWTOR.

Recently, the Devs have been doing a great job bringing out some stuff that is pretty awesome. I count the ST-7 Walker among the list, because it's the first mount that makes total sense for a Trooper (given that we saw Clones use something similar in SW:TCW).

But then they take the best stuff, lock it behind Vegas style odds, and then make it disappear completely!

As a subscriber, I find myself actually OFFENDED by this. Is this how Bioware feels the most effective use of my subscriber money is? To spend time and effort on really cool stuff, that only 5-10 people per server can have? Good grief, I can't even imagine how bad the cost / profit ratio is on something like that.

The drop rates on these packs is utterly sick and disgusting. In my travels since the latest pack came out, I can count on 1 hand how many ST-7s I have seen out and about (3) and there has never been more than 4 on the GTN, with a price never lower than 15 Million credits.

I could see putting items in packs like the ST-7, but then offer the same items to subscribers via a direct purchase option and they could make even more on the items they are investing so much time in! Not only would this decrease the manufactured rarity a bit, but it would be a nice perk for the subscribers as well. Heck, even if the option came after the conclusion of the pack, so as to not interfere with pack sales for those that want to be early obtainers of certain items, I would be ok with that. But, steep odds, along with no reputation track for a future Cartel Bazaar buy option means we will likely never see these cool mounts ever again.

This business model of manufactured rarity is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen, and it's got me to the point of being ready to wash my hands of anything connected to these infernal packs.

Edited by Staavis_SC

1) I'm pretty sure I remember reading that both of these packs were going to be tied to the slot machine event, so next time it's back, you will get a shot at the pack again

2) The items from these packs are not only available through direct cash purchase of CC. Personally I have rotten luck with packs & am pretty good at making credits off the GTN. I have almost every armor set (waiting on a couple pieces to drop in price a little) from the current pack & I'll get all the mounts I want before it goes on embargo without ever having to spend a single CC.

This is the thing that upsets me the most about SWTOR.

Recently, the Devs have been doing a great job bringing out some stuff that is pretty awesome. I count the ST-7 Walker among the list, because it's the first mount that makes total sense for a Trooper (given that we saw Clones use something similar in SW:TCW).

But then they take the best stuff, lock it behind Vegas style odds, and then make it disappear completely!

As a subscriber, I find myself actually OFFENDED by this. Is this how Bioware feels the most effective use of my subscriber money is? To spend time and effort on really cool stuff, that only 5-10 people per server can have? Good grief, I can't even imagine how bad the cost / profit ratio is on something like that.

The drop rates on these packs is utterly sick and disgusting. In my travels since the latest pack came out, I can count on 1 hand how many ST-7s I have seen out and about (3) and there has never been more than 4 on the GTN, with a price never lower than 15 Million credits.

I could see putting items in packs like the ST-7, but then offer the same items to subscribers via a direct purchase option and they could make even more on the items they are investing so much time in! Not only would this decrease the manufactured rarity a bit, but it would be a nice perk for the subscribers as well. Heck, even if the option came after the conclusion of the pack, so as to not interfere with pack sales for those that want to be early obtainers of certain items, I would be ok with that. But, steep odds, along with no reputation track for a future Cartel Bazaar buy option means we will likely never see these cool mounts ever again.

This business model of manufactured rarity is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen, and it's got me to the point of being ready to wash my hands of anything connected to these infernal packs.

The pack with the walker is not gone, the pack that is gone is the one with the rancor.

Yes, but it will be gone as soon as GSH gets released, putting it in the same boat as the one with the Rancor. Gone, and a distant memory.

How is that different to the command thrones or hover chairs?

And frankly, I find it highly unlikely the walker won't make a reskinned return. I'll take mine in red please... And they will have an all black model for direct purchase at some point, probably 2,800 CC. :)

How is that different to the command thrones or hover chairs?

And frankly, I find it highly unlikely the walker won't make a reskinned return. I'll take mine in red please... And they will have an all black model for direct purchase at some point, probably 2,800 CC. :)

Highly doubtful. Bioware seems to have an affinity for manufactured rarity, in order to maximize surge profits in small windows.

Perhaps... but they keep pumping out reskins and recolors of other items, and the black/black and white/white keep coming back to the CM every few months...

It seems like a lot of work to develop the walker model, only to use it once. Even the Rancor already has 3 colored version (same model, only painted new).

I would imagine a chrome walker and a black walker would sell very well. I'll take a black one with red stripes! :)